BBB Accredited Business since 10/22/2004

McWaters Remodeling & Roofing LLC

09/23/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Quoted a price for metal parts to replace roof caps and used plastic instead of metal.
On Febuary . 2013 I called the contractor, **** ********, to replace some roof shingles blown off in a storm. He suggested I also replace the roof caps that cover the PVC piping because some of them were cracked. He also recommended I get metal instead of plastic coverings Even though the metal would cost more it would last longer.

Today I got a quote for a new roof from a local roofing contractor. Included in the quote was a cost for the PVC coverings. I explained I had metal ones installed last year and they shouldn't need replacing. The contractor informed me that the coverings were plastic not metal. According to him the plastic coverings cost about $10 apiece.

The original contractor charged me $500 for replacing a dozen shingles and the PVC covers. He fraudulently told me he was going to use the more expensive metal. When the work was done it took less than an hour to install the shingles and replace the coverings. Based on the cost of the plastic coverings he overcharged me by $400.

**** ******** should refund $400 for misrepresenting the work that was going to be done and overcharging me.

We contacted Mrs. *** directly following this notice and we realized it was an oversight on our end. We have agreed to resolve this matter by sending Mrs. *** a rebate check for $150. The check will be sent today, September 17, 2014, to cover this oversight.

04/10/2013Problems with Product / Service