BBB Accredited Business since 09/05/1996

M & M Hyundai Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Parts Stolen off my **** ******* Accent
I own the *********** Accent that my son ***** drives,he arrived at **** ********** visit his brother stationed there in the ******** for the holidays. When he arrived from Mobile,Al. he called me to tell me the check engine light was on,I called the closest ******* dealer and M & M was the dealer I chose.I told my son to go ahead and have the oil changed for the price I was quoted ****** plus tax,I transfered ****** to my sons account to cover the cost of the oil change.My son took the vehicle in,they told him the reason the check engine light was on was due to spark plug and four coil wires that needed to be replaced,costing around ********** son called me to tell me this,I called the service manager ******* went over all the repairs I needed on the car,I told him I needed some time to get that kind of money together,that all I could afford was the oil change,my son went to the service window to pay for the oil change,he was then informed that they were charging him ****** for a diagnostic fee,which the services manager Alan said he informed my son he would have to pay,my son was misinformed because he new he did not have that money to pay in his checking account,and would have agreed,after talking to ********* removed the fee. My son paid for the oil change and left. He had a ** min drive back to **** ********* called his brother who is stationed there,and he suggested that I call a local mechanic to get a second opinion,which I did,I called ***** and told him to take the car to Stateline Auto. As soon as my son arrived the gentleman opened the hood and asked him,"where is your engine cover,the nuts and bolts,and harness wires"? My son called me,I then called M&M Hyundai,to ask why the parts were not put back on my car,he then told me they were missing when I brought the car in for repairs,I asked him why if the parts were missing,did he not tell me or my son that they need to be there to protect the engine,and that may be an indicator as to why the check engine light was on in the first place. I know the parts were on my car when my so took it in,the car is 3 years old,there is absolutely no reason that those parts would ever be removed except to change spark pugs and coil wires. I have reached out to the GM and was told,they he is sticking by his mechanic,and there is nothing he can do about,and to never return to his place of business. Well that will never be a problem. I just want my parts back.I have done everything I can think of to get them back. Is there anything you can do to help. We are a Military proud family. I do not want this to happen to any other family. Thank you for anything you can do to help..***** ****** ********

I just want my parts taken off,back.

Business Response /* ****** 5, *********** */
On ******** *** ***** ***** ****** brought in auto to have oil change and check engine light checked. At the time of arrival, Jakob was informed that diagnostics for a check engine light was ****** plus tax. Jakob agreed and signed service ticket acknowledging repairs requested. After diagnostics were made and customer was quoted. Repairs were discussed with Ms ****** and ****** ***** okayed repairs. After repairs were started, ***** returned and said that to stop repairs due to his mother said they did not have money to pay for repairs. At this time the spark plugs had already been removed and replaced. The technician had to remove new plugs and reinstall customer plugs. When car was returned to customer, the customer was charged for oil and filter change and preapproved diagnostics. Customer was not charged for installation and removal of sparkplugs after decision was changed to not do repairs. At this time ******** mother, by phone said that there was miscommunication on diagnostic charges and there must have been miscommunication on okay of work. Ms ****** was not present for any of discussion with ***** and was not present to see condition of car on arrival. Even though Jakob owed M&M Hyundai for diagnostics, we allowed ***** to just pay for oil and filter change and leave. As far as M&M Hyundai is concerned, the ****** plus tax is still owed. We have signed documents okaying repairs and diagnostics. After leaving we received a call from Ms ****** that the engine cover was missing from car. After checking with technician, the technician said, yes the engine cover was missing when car arrived. While the technician should have pointed out the fact that the cover was missing, it does not make *** ******* responsible for replacement due to it was missing on arrival to our dealership. While I have complete faith in my technician, who has been with our company for over 5 years without any past history of lying or stealing, I personally checked the entire service area for engine cover without being able to find it. Our experience with the Hudsons has been. 1. Misunderstanding about diagnostics, *** ******* had to pay technician for diagnostics, 2. Misunderstanding about okay of repairs, M&M ******* had to pay technician to remove and reinstall sparkplugs, 3. Disagreement about engine cover missing. While M&M ******* has paid for first 2 misunderstandings it will not pay for 3rd problem, disagreement on engine cover. Ms. ****** has no proof that cover was on car when it arrived and was not present when car was brought in for service. She is just assuming it was there when car was brought in for service in which we disagree with. We are sorry that Ms ****** is not willing to consider that engine cover was not present before arrival to dealership. We try and appease all customers and if I feel we are even possibly at fault, I take responsibility. I agreed to take responsibility for first 2 misunderstandings but will not pay for something I am not responsible for. I have informed MS ****** that M&M Hyundai has already paid for their technician bill but would not be able to pay for any more of their repairs. I feel M&M Hyundai has gone above and beyond by paying the ******'s technician bill. I have suggested that Ms ****** inquire at previous repair facilities that they have had their auto at to see if they might have there engine cover. Hopefully she will check into that. It is in *** ********** opinion that ***** ****** still owes $97.55 for previous service work and further service will not be available until amount owed is paid.

Final Consumer Response /* ****** *** *********** */
I never thought for a minute they would do the right thing,buts that's ok..We are a proud military family..we take care of each other and share with each other when taken advantage of. What I don't understand is what do they think a single mom would be doing with no engine cover on her I have it in my back pocket or something? No,they have it and because I choose to not be ripped off by them they kept it..but ******* *********** has stepped up to the plate and are helping me,because unlike *** ************ know that the part was on my car when I took it into their dealership,it was not reported at any other oil change visit,I keep regular maintenance on both of my Hyundai cars. I will not let one dishonest dealership keep me from purchasing are fine automobile. But,it will keep me from EVER doing business with *** *********** I will stay active in letting every military member I know living in the area to do the same. All they had to do was please the customer,but all they did was loose a whole bunch more..I will not respond to anymore of their denial of the truth. Thank you BBB for allowing me to speak the truth and letting potential customers know of their shady dealings.

Final Business Response /* ****** 9, *********** */
As previously stated, *** ******* returned vehicle to customer in condition it arrived. *** Hyundai stands by it's previous decision.

10/04/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Failed to provide provide any reasonable services with in months time
****** car was killing, care would kill once high speeds were reached. *** or **** **** car brought back for repairs again.. ****** Purchase Date, **** ****** ***** Charger, ******** monthly payment and ***** dollar down payment was made did not receive car until 3-4 days later. Sales Representative was ****** ****** Payment Methods used is cash.

Car now needs a motor. I am asking that they replace the car with motor.

Business Response /* (1000, 5, *********** */
I spoke with Ms. ******** regarding this car earlier this summer. The date is uncertain.
When she spoke to me, she asked me if she could drop her insurance since her car wasn't running. It was financed through our dealership, so I informed Ms. ******** that the insurance must be kept in place.
I also informed her that her monthly payment was behind and that that needed to be caught up.

She then told me that someone told her she needed a new motor and it would cost her ***** plus ***** for installation. She informed me that it was not our service dept that had told her that. I told her we would need to look at it.
She thanked me and told me she would get her payments caught up. That was the first and only correspondence with Ms ******** I have had.

Ms. ******** has since made a payment on her account, but made no reference to the car being brought in for us to look at. All she needs to do is bring vehicle to us and we will try to assist her in moving forward.

03/11/2015Problems with Product / Service