BBB Accredited Business since 06/20/2011

Harvey of Bossier City, Inc.

03/12/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Sale and or finance department did not disclose nor did I agree to the hidden sale of a extended warranty at the price of $2000.
sales date 1/24/2015 - received warranty info in the mail around the 7th of Feb 2015 - Drove up to the dealership to speak with someone about this issue on Feb 14, 2015 - according to documents, warranty start date is 4/16/2015 - Amount of warranty is $1923 which was included in overall finance cost of sale - **** ******** Sales Rep -

Please issue a credit or refund to the finance company for the total amount of this product. I honestly feel as if this procedure is illegal and in my opinion is worst than a Bait and Switch tactic.

A refund was issued to Mr. **** in the full amount

05/05/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Was at end car lease,planned on buying, was over allowed mileage.Salesman said the dearlership would take care of mileage to come look at new car.
I was at the end of my car lease and planned on buying the leased car because I was over the allowed mileage. I spent almost $1000 at dealership for a new set of tires since I was buying it. Alister Amblin, salesman at **** ****** Toyota, repeatedly called and left messages beginning in November (3 months before my lease was up) for me to come in and look at the new cars. I got tired of the phone calls, and finally told him I was buying the leased car and not interested in looking at new cars because I was over the allowed mileage. He said the dealership would take care of that, so I bought a new car. When signing papers NO ONE said anything about the mileage on the leased car or that I would owe money on it. 3 months later, I got a notice from Toyota Finance that I owed $3700 for mileage on my turned in leased Camry. I called and told them that the dealership was supposed to take care of it; he said they were not; called the sales manager, Jay Wang, who would never call me back, so went to the dealership and confronted the sales manager and salesman. The salesman said he did not remember telling me that they would take care of the mileage, the sales manager rudely told me that I should have taken responsibility to know the rules of the lease. I tried many times to contact the owner, Tommy ******. He will not call me back and is never there when I go to the dealership. I would NEVER have bought a new car or turn in a lease knowing that I owed $3700. Since I was not notified until 3 months after the transaction, it was too late to do anything, the dealership will not contact or help me.

I want the dealership to pay the $3700 owed due to mileage on the lease car I turned in.

The dealership is not responsible for over the mileage fees on a leased vehicle a customer turns in. The Sales COnstultants know that the dealership cant pay over the mileage fees on lease turn ins. When Ms. ***** came in the salesperson, Finance Manager and Sales Manager asked her if she was sure she wanted to turn the lease in she assured them she wanted to do that. She also told the Salesperson she had been to another dealership and to turn the vehicle in there would be $3200 so she said she would just turn it in here with us.
We do apologize if there was a misunderstanding but the leasing papers clearly state that any over the mileage or excessive wear on a lease turn in are the responsibility of the customer.

I did not go to another dealership and was not told anything about $3200. I told him I was buying the leased car BECAUSE I was over on the allowed mileage; that I spent almost $1000 at the dealership on new tires BECAUSE I WAS BUYING the leased car and was not interested in looking at new cars aND to please quit contacting me. He told me not to worry about the mileage, that the dealership would take care of it.

Auto Dealers-New Cars