Commercial Insurance - Account Manager

-

Net Cost Advisors Inc


Posted On: 8/2/2012




Description

Account Manager & Market Research

Insurance Consulting firm needs a technically strong account manager.

This is a fun and rewarding job.  Frequent contact with insurance brokers and clients.  Typical accounts pay between$200,000. and $1,000,000. in annual property & casualty premiums.  Very little stress.  This is a great job, much better than workingat an agency or insurance company.  (We are consultants, and not brokers.)

In addition to the consulting work we do showing clients how to negotiate lower costs, we are now creating Market Research Reports for clients, to help them identify the lowest cost insurance for their company,even if the client wishes to stay with the current broker. 

This can be a great career move for the right person. 

Many different types of accounts are clients, such as nursing home clients, restaurant chains, manufacturers, contractors and many others. 

The right person will have strong technical ability, perhaps a CPCU designation.  At least 5 years of commercial insurance experience is required, preferably with larger accounts. 

Most important is intelligence, curiosity, and the ability to enjoy researching the insurance marketplace by calling brokers/underwriters and asking a series of questions to assist our clients.  Brokers will generally be willing to cooperate because of the chance for future business for themselves.  About 75% of the job is on the phone with brokers, underwriters, and clients.  The other 25% involves application of technical knowledge.

Compensation will be based on experience, but will range from $50,000. to $80,000.  Bonus opportunity will be possible as well. Flexible hours can be considered. The Account Manager will find a great opportunity for more responsibility and greater income.

We are located in North San Diego County.    If interested, please fax resume to (858) 674-4005.

Qualifications

NO LESS THAN 5 YEARS of Commericial Insurance experience.
Strong insurance technical skills absolutely required.
CPCU or other designation preferred.

Compensation

$50,000. to $80,000. annually, depending on experience and capabilities.


Insurance Consultants Insurance Consultants

Contact Information

Craig Cornell Email: craig@netcostadvisors.com
BBB® Advice

BBB Advice

  • Never pay upfront fees. No legitimate job offer will require out of pocket expenses from a potential employee for background checks, credit reports or administrative fees before an interview.
  • Never give out your social security number or date of birth to a prospective employer until you are at the background check stage.
  • Never provide credit card or bank numbers or engage in a monetary transaction of any sort until you have been hired.
  • Never provide any non-work related personal information (i.e. eye color, marital status, dependants, etc.) over the phone or online.
  • Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of your own country.
  • When using social networking sites be sure to check the actual website of the business posting the position to verify it actually exists. If you don’t see it on their site, chances are it’s a scam.

Print