Field System Engineer
Field System Engineer
COMPUONE is a leading systems integrator with extensive experience in computer networking and is currently looking for a full time Field System Engineer. We are seeking a professional who has a passion for computers, is self driven, and delivers outstanding customer service.
The role of the Field System Engineer is to manage client networks and computer systems. He/She will be responsible for the stability, integrity, and operation of all systems by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software, hardware, and operating systems.
As Field System Engineer primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Overseeing day-to-day operations of client networks including hardware/software support and training.
- Install, configure and maintain network elements, computer systems and other related equipment.
Monitor and manage network hardware, software and equipment including routers, switched, hubs, load balancers, UPS. Etc.
- Manage security solutions including firewalls, anti virus and intrusion protection systems.
Perform scheduled network tasks, update anti-virus definition files, monitor network servers, and provide internet and intranet user support.
- Design and implement data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems.
Design, implement and maintain policies and procedures for network and system security.
- Establish and perform maintenance as per company and client standards.
Analyze and troubleshoot network logs and track the nature and resolution of problems.
- Research and recommend network and server hardware and software.
Install, support and maintain both physical and virtual network servers and appliances.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security.
Install, maintain and troubleshoot Exchange 2007, 2010, and 2013.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with the above technologies is required.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Excellent documentation and verbal communication skills required.
- Able to manage projects, meet deadlines, and work proactively.
MCSE Certification preferred.
- CCNA Certification preferred.
In-depth understanding of Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server, Windows Vista and Windows XP Pro.
- Experience with backup, antivirus and anti malware/spyware solutions.
- Firewall, VPN, router and VLAN administration.
Experience with Cisco CAT OS, and IOS based routers and switches as well as 3 com switches.
- Full understanding of the TCP/IP stack and protocols.
Terminal Server/Citrix implementation and management.
- Ability to conduct an analysis of LAN’s, WANs, wireless, servers and desktops.
VOIP experience is a plus.
- Experience with Sonic Wall and Cisco firewalls preferred.
- Technical support experience with Apple Mac including configuration of client emails and user based support is a plus.
Computer Consultant Computer Consultant