BBB Business Review
This Business is not BBB accredited
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company offers tax services.
On 11/19/2014 this business's accreditation in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to its failure to adhere to the BBB requirement that Accredited Businesses meet and abide by the following standards:
- 6A. Promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB by:
- Resolving the complaint directly with the complainant and notifying BBB, or
- Providing BBB with a response that BBB determines:
- is professional,
- addresses all of the issues raised by the complainant,
- includes appropriate evidence and documents supporting the business' position, and
- explains why any relief sought by the complainant cannot or should not be granted.
- 6D. Cooperate with BBB in efforts to eliminate the underlying cause of patterns of customer complaints that are identified by BBB.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for Authority Tax Services include:
- 124 complaint(s) filed against business
- Failure to respond to 55 complaint(s) filed against business
- 2 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
- Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
Factors that raised the rating for Authority Tax Services include:
- Length of time business has been operating
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||110|
|Total Closed Complaints||124|
Additional Complaint Information
Consumer complaints allege service issues. Consumer complaints allege paying the company an initial fee of up to $4,800.00 for tax consolidation services. Consumer complaints allege they have provided the company with all requested information, but the company fails to complete agreed upon services. Consumers allege difficulty when attempting to contact the company for an update or to obtain a refund. The BBB attempted to contact the company regarding this pattern but the company did not respond.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||1|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding
or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain
any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
State Bar of California
845 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles CA 90017
Phone Number: (213) 765-1000
The number is 181937.
Type of Entity
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Business ManagementMr. Michael Hernandez, Partner/Owner Ms. Amber Saenz, Manager
Number of Employees
Taxes - Consultants & Representatives
Alternate Business NamesAuthority Tax Services LLC Tax Problem Center
The following Government Agency(s) or Association(s) may be able to provide you additional information:
Federal Trade Commission 600 Pennsylvanis Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20580 http://www.ftc.gov
California Tax Education Council Post Office Box 2890, Sacramento CA 95812 Phone Number: (877) 850-2832 http://www.ctec.org
California Attorney General PO Box 944255, Sacramento CA 94244-2550 Phone Number: (800) 952-5225 http://www.ag.ca.gov
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) JFK Federal Building, P.O. Box 9112 7th Floor, Boston MA 02203 http://www.irs.ustreas.gov