BBB Accredited Business since 01/07/2003

Mountain View Pools and Spas, Inc.

05/12/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: I work for a hotel chain in Hollywood called Loews Hollywood hotel. They assigned me to do a pool training course for our pool. I was signed up to do a two day class in Monrovia,(national pool tech training course.)my company paid almost $400.00 for the course. First day was October 12th and second day was October 19th with the exam at the end of training. Total sixteen hours. I completed the course, done the exam. Week or so later got the results, you need a passing score of 75%,my score was 73%.they notified me in the mail that I had failed so I notified my company. They also said I have 90 days to take the exam again at their office free.my complaint is when I called their office a lady called ******** answered the phone. I told her I was sure I passed the exam even the instructor on that last day said you should not have a problem. When I asked her can she send me out a copy of my test which I underwent, she said absolutely not we don't send out your test results. All I want is to see the answers I got wrong and study hard to correct my mistakes' argued with her that my company spend a lot of money sending me here, the least you could do is send me my failed test sheet. She again said no we do not do that. I talked to my company and was annoyed the way I was treated. Told them if I failed then why cant they at least send me my failed test report. I have being working a lot and also being involved in a bad motor accident, which took a lot of my time away from studying. I am working in the hotel industry for ten years. Worked on the pools all the time and have great knowledge at what the pool and spa chemistry should be.I don't have time to go down to their office again and retake this exam. Probably going to get the same treatment and results. Also may I add the amount of information the instructor thought us was too fast and very little time to under go. I am not a pool contractor. I am a lead maintenance engineer and take care of a fifty thousand gallon pool.
Product_Or_Service: national pool tech training

Hello,
Please be advised that this person is mistaken. Mountain View Pool and Spa's Inc. does not hold the classes this man is speaking of and should not be slandered.
The class he attended was held by National Pool Tech Training, of which I am the instructor. Of the class he attended, 84% passed the class and 47% of them scored in the 90% bracket. The National Swimming Pool Foundation designed and regulates this course. Although the class is challenging, all the necessary information is provided to aid in their success. I have taught this class since effectively since 1999 and my success rate can be verified via the National Swimming Pool Foundation.
Hopefully this addresses your concerns. Please notify me once you have resolved this with *** ******* ******* **********

Respectfully,