BBB Accredited Business since 03/01/2005

West Wind Marketing, Inc

06/23/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Plain and simple the products I was sold, did not work. I want my money back. This is America. Thief!!
I contacted the owner of the company on the phone back in Apr. of this yr. We discussed the problem, the length of time I have had the problem, the soil type I have and the options. Digging as opposed to using His product. He convinced me that His product would work since it had only been a problem for a very short time. A couple of weeks later on May 1st. I ordered the product Septic Seep along with Mega Bio from them to use in my septic system. I purchased these products using my credit card. The purchase price was $337.29 After a long wait, the product arrived. I had a company come out to my house, pump the septic tank and the applied the product as directed. This process took 48 hrs. I have waited 10 days since applying the product with no results.

I contacted the owner, who basically said that's too bad. Their are no guarantees. How can they have such a high rating with You and do nothing about this situation? One of the reasons I purchased from them was because of their affiliation with You. I expect a company of this caliper to issue a refund.

***Please see scanned docs***

I was informed by Mr. ****** that his product had a 90% rate of success when discussing the problem over the phone. In fact, I was told this twice. I was also informed that I would need both Septic and Mega Bio in order to achieve success. My cost for the products from him was $337.29. In addition to that I had the cost of $225.00 for digging up the septic system and pumping out the waste. Since the products did not work as I was told, I now have the additional expense of digging up and replacing the entire drain field. I am a senior citizen and live on a fixed income. If not for Mr. ****** I would have just had the field dug up and the lines replaced originally. I am not asking for the cost of digging and pumping of the tank, however I am asking for the return of the purchase price of the products. Thank- You *** ******.

Mr. ****** refuses to accept responsibility for his purchase decision. The information I personally gave him, by his own admission, stated that my products are 90% successful at restoring drain fields. Most people understand that 90% means 9 out of 10 or one in ten attempts are not successful. I am always careful to explain to customers that "this is not a silver bullet" meaning it doesn't always fix every problem.
In spite of the customer's libelous and defamatory remarks made about me and my company, I offered a generous "good will" refund of $150.00 or about one-half of what Mr. ****** spent.
I must make a point Mr. ****** refers to his senior status. Age has no bearing in this situation, from one senior citizen to another; playing the age card is unattractive and makes all of us seniors look bad.
I cannot go against long established (16 years) company policy. Giving Mr. ****** a full refund would create a de facto money back policy for my company, which is ill advised.
My company has been a member in good standing with the BBB for over ten years and this is my first registered complaint. So, considering our exemplary track record, I would say this complaint is aberrant and unreasonable.

In Mr. ******** first response He claimed to only have an 80% rate of success. In this response He admits that He told Me that He has had a 90% rate of success. However, in claiming that this is the first registered complaint in ten years He is in essence saying He believes that His success rate is even higher. Point #2: In actuality, the $150.00 that He is offering is actually less that 30% of the cost incurred for the project. Point #3: Mr ***** obviously missed the point I was making (which is less than $1,600.00 a month)being that I cannot afford to waste over $500.00 on a whim. It took four months to save up to buy the product and another month for the money to have the work done. Lastly, if Mr. ***** is not willing to return to us the purchase price of his products, I see no further need to pursue this inquiry any further. This case can be written up and declared unresolved with no satisfaction. Thank-You for Your part in this dispute

Septic Tanks & Systems Cleaning, Marketing Programs & Services