Popular Funding and Real Estate, Inc.

06/02/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

on September 2014 my landlord informed me that he was in the process of selling the house I am currently living in, since my son currently lives with us along with his then pregnant girlfriend and their toddler daughter I decided that I would buy a house with him . we got in contact wit *** ******* through his worker that we knew as ****** as soon as we could we started looking for houses but the areas were not what were looking for since my 2 granddaughters were going to be living with me and my wife, they told us that we could not look in better areas since we didn't get approved for enough. They asked us if we had anybody that was willing to co sign for us, so my daughter ****** ****** co signed our loan went up. so then we looked for a long time for a house that we could afford, when we found one we put up an offer right away they reassured us that we were going to get the house and kept stringing us along. On December 31, 2014 they told us that if we didn't wire $3,000 that same day we were going to loose the house we wired it that same day .It was around this time that they told us that ********* credit was bad and they asked for money to fix it. about a month later the same thing happened and they asked us for more money each time in the amount of $240 totaling in $480.They asked us for money for the appraisal of the house which was $500.00 but what we didn't know was that we weren't even approved for the loan yet. then they told us that the seller of the house was getting tired and they pressured us to sign papers they told us that this papers guaranteed that we would get the house. after all of that they told us that the deal fell though and that we didn't get the house and there was a strong possibility that our money was lost and that they deserved money for their wasted time. one of their representatives came over with more papers to sign but when I declined because I don't trust them anymore Mr. Morales called my son being overly aggressive and yelled at him on the phone.

I would like my money back since I feel they took advantage of us being first time buyers . My son is disabled and most of the money we got for the down payment is borrowed we cannot afford to pay back and move out because the land lord is asking us to move since he gave us $3,000 to move out so he can deliver his property vacant or remodel it when he sells it.

Real Estate