BBB Accredited Business since 06/16/2014

Swift Express Moving & Storage, Inc

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

07/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company states damages on my items were present prior to moving my items. Their description does not match the damages I have received to my items.
After a hard time getting the company to even return any of my phone calls I had finally got movers to come deliver my items. However this was not Swift which was the company I paid for. That company was rude, threw my items around, cussed at me and a few other people. Swift was responsible for my items and they were returned to me damaged. Upon review of their item list it says (for example) my couch is cracked. However I was not aware you can crack a couch, but there is a very large white slash on the top of my couch. I sent the pictures to the company and they said it was there before they touched my couch. I can tell you it wasn't and that is not a "crack" as they claim. Also I do not own white furniture. A picture I did not pack, but the movers did with their own blankets has the same color scratch on it as well, and the report only shows I packed it. But how would I with their blankets? These are just a few things this company did to my items, not to mention the embarrassment of being screamed at in front of my new neighbors by a company they hired without informing me. They refuse to fix the items they damaged and I may seek legal action if this case is not fixed in a timely manner.

I would like for this company to pay for the damage of my items. I can provide them with quotes from a few companies they can pick from. I just want my items back in the condition I had it before they took my stuff.

********
We tried calling several time when you complain, but you didn't want to take to us , you wanted communicate thought emails.
For your couch their was crack in your couch look at the inventory copy it has a (z)which stand for cracks. When we pick up your couch from CA your couch was against
a window rail that has white paint. They wrap your couch with blanket in front of you. We don't have nothing in our truck that has paint. When they delivered the couch they unwrapped it in front of you. You had people help you take up to your home. The delivery crew left on the side walk next to your home because you didn't want to pay the long carry.
About the picture frame ,the delivery crew seen what your mom to the picture. We didn't do nothing to your items. I apologizes for inconveniences.
******