BBB Accredited Business since 05/31/2012

Green Mountain Moving & Storage, Inc.

07/22/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Scratched the hardwood floors throughout the house and broke a glass bookcase. Need for this to be resolved. ***** in Customer Service became upset.
At first all was great. They assured me in email and on the phone that the move would go smoothly and that the crew would be experienced. The move was for my sister. It was my moving gift to her, but in the end it was no gift. The day of the move was another story. I was not able to be there, by my sister and her husband were. I hired 4 men at $129/hr plus double drive time to move a 3 bedroom home. They arrived at 8am and finished loading after 3 1/2 hours. Then they took a break. Usually I wouldn't have an issue for a hard working crew to take a break, but I was told in an email by the office that the crew was quick and that they would not take a break between the load and load out. There was also an issue with drive time and the time the crew started back up. When I called the office, ***** was bothered by my concern and said the driver would clear it up. It was a he said she said between the office and the crew. The load out was 2hrs. When they were done, my sister called me saying that they were going to charge me 6.75hrs plus cost of tape and other supplies. The driver and I spoke in Spanish and I explained to him that I was not going to pay for their break and that drive time was only 30 min (1hr billing). I told him I'd clear it up with ***** in the office. He was also going to charge me for shrink wrap that ***** had given me free of charge (per the contract). In the end, the office charged me for the time that I thought was the true move and drive time, 6.5 hours. And, did not charge me for the shrink wrap or the tape that they should not have used because we had our own. Once the movers left, my sister called me to let me know that the hardwood floors had been damaged and that a glass bookshelf had been broken in the move. When I emailed ***** in the office to let her know, she said that my sister was aware that she would be receiving a claims form. This was an utter lie. I told her that she could send it to me. When I contacted the number on the claims form with a question, ***** answered. I asked her if she worked in claims as well and she said no that they only worked until 4pm. I told her I needed to speak to someone because the movers had scratched and ruined the hardwood floors and the shattered the glass bookshelf. She raised her voice and told me that she had done everything for me that she could and that the scratches could not be caused by the movers. A complete lie. I told her that I needed to speak to someone else and she said someone would call me tomorrow between 9am and 4pm.

It is so disappointing to deal with a company that is completely lacking in customer service. Hopefully the claims department will be a little more forthcoming in their work with me. I need the damage to be fixed.

I would like the hardwood floors to be repaired and the glass bookcase to be replaced. An apology is not longer needed. They will not have my business again. I have pictures of the hardwood floor damage and the shattered bookcase.

Moving & Storage Company, Movers