BBB Accredited Business since 10/01/2009

Deluxe Limo And Transportation

09/26/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We paid $360 for a tour of LA. The Limo broke down We waited on the side of the road for 4 hours. We never finished the trip and were not refunded.
June 2nd 2013
We booked these guys to take us on a "Grand Tour" of LA. We had 10 people in our party, 6 adults and 4 children.
We left from Anaheim to down town LA and the Limo
overheated. No big deal right! Things happen! So after 45 minutes sitting in the gas station topping up the radiator off we head up the hill to see the Hollywood Sign. We made it there and we did our tourist thing took pictures etc.
We jump back in the Limo and head down the hill and the Limo breaks down again. This time it was NOT repairable, the front suspension on the passengers side collapsed and the chassis was dragging on the road. Just glad this didn't happen at 65 mph on the freeway.
The driver was very nice and apologetic. He said he would contact his boss/owner of the company(**** *****)and see about getting another Limo sent out to pick us up. After an hour of trying to contact **** without success the driver took matters into his own hands and tried to organize another company to pick us up and take us back to our hotel.
This took another 2 hours so we spent 3 hours sitting in the Dog park below the Hollywood sign in 90 + degree heat with the kids and the grand parents,no bathrooms and no water!!!
All this time the driver continued to try to contact his boss with out success.

The driver assured us we would not be charged. NOT the case.... A week later I see my credit card had been charged $360 which was the quoted price for the tour. I immediately called **** ***** and he said he would investigate.
He was rude and treated me like it was my fault and wanted me to pay half the quoted amount. After several phone calls and very heated discussions he agreed to refund my money.
About 3 days later $200 of the $360 was refunded to me.
I again tried to contact **** ***** without success.

Refund

I believe this customer is unreasonable. Yes the limo broke down, because as the customer indicated it went up to the top of Hollywood hills driving in very wind road.The zigzag road with sharp turns over and over was the cause for the limo to brake. I don't know if this was the driver or the customer idea to drive there. As the customer indicated there is no reception, no rest room, it is basically no man land. No limousine or no large cars go there. The client has seen downtown LA, Hollywood and did not much left to see. Beside we paid $210 to other company to take them back to their hotel. We paid a lot of money to get the limo towed from that canyon and for repair. We can furnish all receipt if you like. We feel the $200 was the right amount to refund to the client. We could have even refund the total amount if the client did not rush and wrote nasty review on Yelp and sends threatening email. We can also forward to BBB the email customer has sent. I believe the customer did not handle this right. We asked the client to delete the negative review on yelp and we would refund the $160. But it is not deleted.

We booked the "Grand Sight Seeing Tour" If you go to the Deluxe Limo and Transportation website there is a full description of what that includes and it clearly states the Hollywood Sign.
This was our first time in LA so we had no idea which route the driver was going to take, but in his defense there were other Limos and Tour Buses up there.
It is Not our fault if their driver took us somewhere he wasn't supposed to, we only asked to see the Hollywood Sign we did not specify a route as we do not know the area.

These guys also state that we saw Downtown LA and Hollywood. That is NOT true!
We drove to Downtown LA and the Limo overheated and we spent 45 minutes in a gas station while the driver topped up the radiator with water(not really a city tour)
We then proceeded to the Hollywood Sign we the Limo AGAIN broke down and was NOT repairable this time.
So we NEVER made it to Hollywood or the Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, Stars Homes, Century City, Westwood or any of the beaches. So I would say there was still plenty to see!!!

I posted a review on Yelp website over two months after the fact so I hardly think that is rushing. The tour date was June 2nd and please check the website I posted a review on August 12th.

I did not "threaten" these guys in an email either. I did use some harsh language out of frustration is all.

It is a shame that Businesses like this can ruin peoples vacation. We had one day set aside to enjoy the beautiful city of LA and it was ruined. But things happen and we were ok with that, but to be charged for services we did not receive is just a little to much.

As we indicated on our last response, no big bus or limo goes up to that hill. That is why the tow truck charged us so much money to tow it. There are other overlook spots where we go to show Hollywood sign. The client are admitting they have seen some sights including downtown, Hollywood, Hollywood sign that has to worth some money. In addition we paid $210 to hire other company to take them back to their hotel. While we were still negotiating how much to refund them, they rushed and posted very damaging review on yelp. The client has used very derogatory words both by email and phone. We have refunded $200 out of $360. Our competitors charge $65 per person for bus tour and up to $90/hr for limo tour. We only charged them $60/hr for 8 people. We were also willing to give them discount on their next service. The client is very insensitive. Did not take the tow cost, repair, gas, driver wage, cost to hire other company into consideration. On top of that he is damaging our reputation by posting negative review on yelp and other sites.

Limousine Service