La Popular Furniture

10/23/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I recently discovered through ****************.com that *********************** opened two accounts of over $2000 each. Using old account information without my approval or written consent. And is now affecting my credit score because of late payments that are being made by the people they made a contract with. I called the ********** Store to handle this situation. They began by telling me that they will remove my name from the account. I requested some form of validation of the removal of my name only to be told that they had included an old debt of $50 into the new accounts that were opened, and that after the removal of my name on the newly opened accounts, they will now hold the original $50 debt against me. Mind you, this $50 debt had already been sent to a collection agency in 2006 and they had managed to open 2 new accounts that combined to a total of close to $5,000. When I asked about how that old debt had to do with the new accounts opened they just restated that my name would be removed from the accounts opened and hung up on me.

Debt claims in my credit report from ********** to be cleared entirely if possible. Which would include the $50 that was reported to the collection agency.

Mr . ******* was a co buyer for a client at one time in the past. When she came back and reopened two new accounts his name was linked by a computer error. When we were made aware of this mistake the credit department took all the appropriate measures to correct this issue. On 9-10-13 ****** who is our credit manager also told Mr ******* everything would be corrected as well. She explained it would take 30 to sixty days to update with the credit bureaus . We sent the update at the end of the month in September of 2013 just as we said we would. It will show he is no longer on that other clients account and anything regarding her account will be taken off his credit record.As for the negative reporting there is nothing we can do for a separate account of his own. He opened it in 2006 and is not paid off. ****** our credit manager spoke to him the same day on 9-10-13 about his delinquent account. He refuses to pay, so there is nothing we can do about his negative credit rating in his credit report.

We try to help everyone in any way possible. we sent in the correction to the credit burea and updated our system so this wouldn't happen to Mr. ******* again. If he wants the negative reporting to stop, he needs to pay off his old account.

Furniture - Retail, Furniture - Wholesale