BBB Accredited Business since 10/20/2005

Axel Bloom, LLC

04/29/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Refuse blanket release of information. Will release that I am handicapped and bought bed for medical reasons as doctor prescribed an adjustable bed.
Brought bed for a specific purposeundergoing additional neck fusion and removal of hardware from 3 level previous neck fusion. Now have 7 levels of back fusion and a fill plus reflux. Problem: frame broken when arrived; motor brokenwaited, sleeping on floor (about two weeks) while these shipped . The new frame arrived but unnoticed, a screw was omitted by manufacturer. The mattress always transferred movement from husband so it feels like I am being slugged in back when he changes position. This dual king set was purchased for my April 21, 2012 neck surgery. 13 months later the frame bent and Mr. *** accused me of mistreating this $11,085.98 dual king set saying he had had another purchaser who had had surgery fall and bend the bed before. I did not fall on the bed. The missing screw allowed the bed frame to bend. I notified Mr. *** of this 10 months ago and have been waiting for resolution. He originally proffered to refund for the bases (slightly more than $6,000 if I would pay for shipping. I was willing to pay for shipping (approximately $275) until I learned the low amount of refund. At that point I requested to recind the whole transaction because of the problem with the movement transfer between the two mattresses. (Note: I had no movement transfer problems with either my latex mattresses or my tempurpetic mattresses.) Mr. *** knew of my medical conditions and represented his product as being particularly suitable. Although Mr. *** requested I stop using the bed, it is medically necessary that I elevate my body. It is uncomfortable to use this bed and hurts as it improperly functions. Mr. *** now just wants to repair part of the frame and I want this unmerchantable product out of my home with a complete refund. This duel king set was not fit under neither the normal usage in trade (Implied Warranty Usage of Trade UCC 2-314) nor fitness for a particular purpose (Implied Warranty-Fitness for a Particular Purpose UCC 2-315).
At this point my good will is exhausted. I am unwilling to accept yet another repair. I do not trust this product base to perform as a reliable product. A completely new base will not be acceptable. The mattress has never performed in an acceptable manner and were never fit for the particular purpose they were sold to us as being suitable for.

Recind the the whole transaction.

Dear Better Business Bureau,
The complaint of the wife of our customer is, and has been, very disconcerting for a number of reasons:
1. We have been in business for 9 years, have sold similar electrically adjustable beds for a broad range of uses with outstanding customer satisfaction. Indeed we qualify for an A+ rating from the BBB.
2. We value and are proud of our reputation and are concerned that this complaint may tarnish it and impair our ability to continue to enjoy that which we have labored so diligently to establish. We do our best to match the perceived needs of customers and want them to be serious and careful in purchasing our system. Our customers typically ask many questions and those who purchase, understand that we have a No Return and No Trial Policy. This statement is in our Order document and Terms of Sale document, which are signed by all customers.
3. While we sympathize with the suffering of our customer's wife, we consider her accusations about Axelboom incorrect and incomplete.
The facts are otherwise:
We first met our customer, the complaint's husband, when he drove to Los Angeles from northern California to inspect and approve the product. He then returned home and consulted with his wife before purchasing the adjustable bed. His wife's condition, as is the case with many customers, is complex so we have to rely on customers to make an informed decision. We did not represent that our bed system could solve problems of handicapped people. To my knowledge, no bed manufacturer makes such a claim. After he purchased the product, it was shipped to his home in northern California. When it was discovered that the product had been damaged in transit, our customer notified us. Both we and the customer cooperated to provide the information to Fedex which acknowledged their fault. Our customer, the complainant's husband, was kind enough to offer to fix it himself if we sent the part to repair since it was minor. He was confident he could replace the one broken wooden piece by himself. Nevertheless, rather than bother him, we decided that it was faster and simpler to send a new system and we arranged for the old system to be picked up. After the new system was installed, he even offered to drive the broken frame to a location close to us so we could pick it up ourselves and so save the cost of shipping it back to us. We appreciated his offer and his understanding and cooperation but we decided to save him the trouble. We were happy to receive it several weeks later when he found the time to repack it. We are therefore disappointed to read the implication that the complainant had to wait unreasonably for the replacement. When the head motor failed, we sent a replacement immediately and the husband replaced it. We followed up and he said that the system worked well and his wife was pleased. About thirteen months later, we received notification about the complaint regarding the frame and missing screw.
As in the past, we believe we can similarly fix the missing screw on the bracket based on his photos, which he sent to us. We have sent several emails to him to arrange for him to package the frame as he has done in the past so that we can replace the part but have not heard back.
Like many other merchant agreements, normally the customer pays for the return of merchandise for inspection and repair. In this case, we have offered to pay for the transportation costs for pickup and delivery back to the customer.

The product base is not merchantable. It breaks frequently, parts fall off. The bend locations are uncomfortable. The mattress is not suitable for the purpose it was sold to us for in that it transfers movement from the other side even though these are twin bed mattresses bought with a split double king base. When my back (seven fusions and a fill) is sore, my husband's movements at night feel like someone is hitting me with a bat. Never had such bad mattresses. These bed were sold to us specifically to deal with my medical conditions and are just completely unsatisfactory. The law says the seller pays the shipping. I want the whole transaction rescinded. Mr. Young *** has refused to speak with me for over ten months. He is very difficult to work with. This has been an $11,000.00 mistake. Urge others not to make it.

Dear Better Business Bureau,

We do not have further comments to add. In summary: We appreciate the discomfort that our customer's wife is experiencing but find it noteworthy that she has misstated the facts, and has ignored our offer to cooperatively resolve the matter as we have demonstrated in the past.

I am the buyer, my husband acted as my agent. This bed was defective to begin with and I slept on the floor waiting for the frame and motor to be replaced. Mr. *** knew we were buying under a doctor's prescription, that I had six levels of fusion and was awaiting another surgery and fusion. After thirteen months the bed lift mechanism failed. First Mr. *** accused me of falling on the bed, saying another customer had done this and bent/broke the frame. This was not disclosed when my husband and I were gathering information from the company. I had not fallen on the bed, the bed was defective and a screw was not put in in assembly. My husband documented this and then Mr. *** wanted me to pay for shipping and for my husband to do all packing again. I originally said ok then checked the law finding the company had a duty to pay. I informed Mr. *** and he refused to talk or deal with me for 10 months despite numerous contacts with his business. He did order me to stop using the adjustable part of the bed, but another of my conditions requires I be able to raise the bed. I have filed notice of the statue I shall be relying on with Mr. *** by registered letter and I have already notified him of my reliance on the implied warranty of merchantability and implied warranty for suitability for a particular purpose. I shall file with all state and federal agencies to try an protect the public and
pursue all my other remedies. No one should be treated as this company has treated me, a senior, disabled woman! $11,000 is too much to pay for this product which lasted 13 months! I don't trust this product and will not accept another fix! By his own statement, Mr. *** knew this bed was not suitable for my purposes when he sold the bed to us. I want my money back and will buy a different adjustable king bed which is reliable and and mattresses which do not transfer every movement my husband makes so I feel as if I were being slugged in the back throughout the night!

Furniture - Retail, Furniture - Wholesale, Beds - Retail