Global Fitness Inc.

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

08/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Faulty rusted out treadmill that they are not helpful in fixing leaving me with a $1000 repair. Awful customer service and no respect.
I ordered a treadmill and it started with a loud buzzing that ******** informed me was normal, I said no it isn't normal so sent in a sound clip. They have sent wrong parts to fix it, and don't relay any information to the repair man. Underneath the treadmill where the parts are located are rusted out, the belt isn't commercial grade, and none of the parts are compatible. I started with sales rep ****** and he stopped answering phone calls and was then working with ******** who shouldn't answer phone calls as her attitude toward consumers is extremely degrading. I have the 6 month warranty on it and I am under the impression they are waiting until the warranty is up so they can wipe their hands of this mess. They do not return calls or emails regarding the situation and when I requested the treadmill be sent back they are charging me an additional $1000 to do so. The treadmill hasn't worked in the first place so my $3000 is now turning into an expense of my own as i'm having my repair company fix it and I will now be paying out of my own pocket as they do not help in any situation. It has been frustrating and has been a tremendous headache and I am wanting others to be aware of this situation so this company cannot continue to do business in this fashion. Horrible business ethics and practices and it disgusts me to know there are business like this out there still running. I am ready to wipe my hands of them, but a complaint needs to be filed first. It does state on their website that they are BBB accredited and according to the BBB website this is false information.

I would like payment for the proper and correct repairs I will be paying for this from a professional repair company. If nothing else I want this company reprimanded for their actions toward consumers because after extensive research I realize I am not the only one they have created several problems for.

*** **** (the client) was in contact with ******** in our customer service department, who had been helping her since day one.

03/03/14 - The client was asked her for a short recording of the buzzing sound she sent in to me on 03/13/14

One of our engineers was involved in assisting with the diagnosis. He suggested that the client make sure the belt was not rubbing on the side rails.

On 04/03/14 the client responded with the required information.

It took us less than week to locate and speak with a 3rd party service provider in the clients area. The technician was issued a work order to go out to the clients location.

Upon making contact to establish the status, the tech informed ******** that he was out of town due to his dad being sick.

On 5/9/14 the client was advised that the tech was out of town and will be calling her the following week, the clients response was genuine and very pleasant "Thank you I really appreciate the quick responses, I will be in touch regarding when the tech has been here."

5/29/14 tech went out to the clients site.

05/30/14 we were advised of the required part needed

6/02/14 sent out the part (a roller for the treadmill).

6/6/14 the part arrived.

6/11/14 the date that the tech was scheduled to go back out

06/20 after several calls and attempts by the tech, he was denied access for his visit by the client.

The tech advised that *** **** had told him not to come to complete the work, that she had something else in mind.

We would like to complete the service work and get the machine operating properly once more. We have spent a considerable amount of time, money, manpower and logistics to date, and since the client is denying access to the tech we cannot complete.

We are a responsible company, and it appears that we were dealing with a forthright client. We are at a stalemate at this time since we are not being allowed to complete the work.

They have a few dates incorrect regarding this issue and several points missing. I would like to start with who I dealt with from the get go who was ******, not ********. She handled it from the problem issue going forward. The wait period with the delivery was very delayed and I wasn't given the full details of everything regarding delivery as the delivery driver informed us the treadmill sat on the dock for over a week!

On 5/2 the tech was called not shortly after 4/3. I was informed he was gone due to a funeral and he contacted me and informed me of when his arrival would be. The actual pieces that would fix the treadmill were not sent as the belt was faulty and very gummy on the underside causing the treadmill to shutdown randomly on people making it unsafe.

Once the part was delivered I contacted ******** through email right way, and received no response. I contacted her 1 week later and informed that she had just sent the email, I proceeded to ask for the tech's personal phone number to coordinate schedules with him. He answered immediately and informed me he had been given the run around from them and had received no email that the part was in, which has been stated in their response.

I coordinated a time with him to get this fixed and after much consideration on my end I decided to proceed with getting the treadmill fixed correctly by a company I can trust and all the correct parts replaced rather than waiting month after month. I scheduled my company to fix the treadmill and then proceeded to contact the R&D tech immediately and let him know I was going to fix it myself. He informed me that I am not alone in this situation and other people have been mistreated by this company. This information they have provided isn't entirely true and they have poor business ethics.

I should also state that I had contacted the supervisor of Global Fitness and failed to receive any response from him, so that goes to show how responsible they are.

We have made every attempt to appease ********** The parts were shipped to the Service Company, and they have made countless attempts to reach her, as have we and she has been non-responsive. On 06/20/14 she refused to allow the technician to come out to complete the work.

Please let me know what we can do to complete the work, since we have every intention of appeasing ********** We have tried to do so from day one. We are a responsible company and always aim to meet our client discerning needs.

08/25/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues
09/08/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues
01/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Global Fitness Inc has failed to deliver promised goods and services.
An order was placed with **** for 22 pieces of fitness equipment on Feb 21, 2013 with a quote of 4-6 weeks to delivery. After receiving a copy of the sales order the same day without model numbers listed, I asked for model numbers to be added to the order to ensure the proper pieces were procured. I received the updated Sales order on Feb. 26th and was promised photos of the pieces before they went into production. I was told to return the sales order as soon as possible so the items could be tagged for production. I signed and returned the sales order with credit card authorization to bill the deposit the same day. The card was finally ran on March 4th. On March 7th ****, the "Sales Manager" asked if they could substitute pieces from, many from their own product line (at an increase in cost) for the ones I had ordered. I refused at first, siting that I had ordered the pieces to match my existing brands (except one Atlantis leg press machine, at an even trade). By March 29th I still had not received photos of the pieces and requested them once again. I was sent one photo of finished pieces of mine and other customers jumbled together. A week later (April 5th)after they still did not have the pieces I requested, I cancelled a couple pieces off of the order and agreed to substitute another couple. On April 8th I tracked down one of the pieces Global was not able to procure. It was 30 minutes from their warehouse so I paid to have it shipped to them to be refinished with the rest of my order. I was told at that time that everything would be ready to ship by end of week(April 12th). It is now May 2nd and almost every day since April 12th I have been in contact with Global Fitness to track shipping. I have been told every time that the order is complete and that shipping has been scheduled for "mid-week", then "end of week", then "Monday". On Tuesday, April 23rd I was told that the truck's route had been changed and another truck was coming on Friday for pick-up. They resent the final sales order for approval. There was a piece on it that I did not order so I asked them to remove it and again asked for photos of the pieces prior to final payment and shipping. The next day (April 24th)I was told they would send the pictures "tomorrow" April 25th. No pictures were sent. I called and was again promised that I would have them by the end of the day and that shipping was now scheduled for "Monday"(April 29th). Monday comes, no pictures and no shipping. I finally receive pictures of half of the pieces and am again told by the **** that they are "locating a truck" and that it should be leaving wednesday or thursday(May 1st or 2nd). I called May 2nd and spoke with the Production/Shipping manager and he said they are still searching for a freight company to use and that it should ship out "tomorrow". For the past 3 weeks my business has been torn apart in preparation for the equipment to arrive based on daily promises that it will ship out "tomorrow"!

I want to see the remaining photos ASAP. I want Global Fitness to stop jerking me around and expedite shipping. I want a tracking number and a date for delivery.

When the order was placed, the sales contact **** provided ***** with stock photos of the equipment. Because we have a huge warehouse with thousands of machines, it is near impossible to pull out each piece, photograph and send the picture. Some machines are located high up on racks, and others may be stacked high. We also have multiple warehouses and machines are located in one of 3 buildings, making photographing each individual piece difficult. Lastly, the equipment is broken down to different refurbishing areas, based on the type, brand and category, so once again consolidation is tough. The client wanted extremely specific machines and models and as such, some substitutions were necessary, but these were all made with the clients consent. To add, none of these were lesser machines, in some cases they were upgrades as the lower price point as agreed. This shipment is based on a partial truckload, which doesn't allow us full control of the trucks that we attempt to schedule, as such we are at the mercy of the numerous large shipping companies that we use. This is not an excuse to attempt to defer blame from some of the delays on this order, but this is part of the catalyst which has led to the clients aggravation. To sum this up, we never promise or commit to specific delivery dates, because there are far too many elements that can create delays. Additionally this order did have a few anomalies, but we did maintain close contact with the client at all times.
The order has been completed and ready to ship for some time, and while the client has assured us that the balance has been paid and wired to us, we have not received these funds yet. Our shipping department and accounting department are ready to get this released and out to the client, immediately upon receipt of the funds from the client. We are sorry for the clients aggravation, but this is not our typical Modus Operandi. One thing that we are very confident about, is that once the client does receive his shipment, he will be extremely pleased with it and the rest will quickly fade away. We have never, and will never let a client down, our clients come first and we have an obligation to them.

I understand the company's attempt at damage control, but I have emails with the commitiment of "6 weeks" and the promise of photos before the pieces went into production. In addition to very poor communication on the side of Global Fitness, I just received notice that they do not have my entire order. On March 29th, I was sent the first photo of a few of the finished pieces. I noticed that the cable crossover in the photo was not the model I had ordered. I asked **** if it was intended to be part of my order and he assured me that it was not, but they had my cable crossover in another location. May 6th, I recieve an email from **** finally confessing that they did indeed have the wrong model of cable crossover. This is how the whole transaction with Global Fitness has been. One lie after another to cover up mistakes on their end. I have requested that they ship my order without the cable crossover (and 2 hammer strength dumbbell racks that apparently "aren't usable"). My business is losing money every day that we do not have the equipment, all because I was told weeks ago that it will ship "friday", and now I am liable for additional freight charges for the second shipment of equipment. And yet another example of how poor even their internal communication is....I wired the remaining funds on Tuesday May 7th after **** said they had a truck "standing by" to load my order as soon as they received the funds. Wednesday, May 8th I contacted **** to find out if they were going to be able to load that day. He said he had not received the funds yet. I am aware that wire transactions can sometimes take 24-72 hours to process. Thursday, May 9th I contacted my banking institution and Global Fitness' to track the wire. I was informed that it was received and deposited into Global Fitness' account on Tuesday, May 7th. Then, I finally received an email from the company's Controller on May 9th giving confirmation of the receipt of funds. I again called ****. He claimed again that they had not received the funds yet but the moment they did, my order was wrapped and ready to ship. I informed him of the email I had received and my tracking info, he seemed shocked that he had not been notified. Finally, the last comments of the company's rebuttal are extremely incorrect, and yet another bold faced lie. As you can tell, the order has NOT been ready for "some time", and is in question whether it is ready still. Global Fitness has let me down.

It appears that *** ****** is confused by the banking process. We receive hundreds of payments weekly, and we always ask our clients to send or advise us of such payments, so that we can reconcile and provide the necessary updated statements/ledger. I am not sure why *** ****** would call the sales rep and assume that he would have automatically known of such a payment, particularly a wire which often has no direct noticeable information that ties it to the client. Regardless, the wire was received, and applied within a very reasonable time, and the client advised as such. The substitutions received were all confirmed ahead of time, and approved by *** ******, so if there was any displeasure of disagreement as to these, it would only make sense that *** ****** would have rejected them at the time of. Once again, we do not guarantee exact timelines for production, and we are also subject to truck availability when dealing with partial truckloads. We met all of our obligations, and *** ****** received all of his equipment, in excellent condition and without service, maintenance or warranty issues noted. We always strive to do the utmost to ensure our clients satisfaction, and while it is impossible to have a 100% record, we will never leave an stone unturned and always go the extra mile as we did in this case.

This is all untrue. I have multiple emails from the "sales manager" giving exact dates of shipment and completion which were missed by not days, but months! As for the banking processes, I had contacted both my bank and the receiving bank to confirm the wire transfer to try to expedite my PARTIAL order and received all info directly from their banking institution. Global Fitness was the one with the lack of communication, lies, mistakes, and absolutely horrible customer service. I never did receive my full order and the claim that I received my order in excellent condition is false as well. I made several claims with them on the pieces I did finally receive but they did give partial credits for those pieces. I had also refused many pieces that Global Fitness called substitutions for pieces they had promised me. I cancelled the remaining pieces that the "sales manager" admitted they did not have after telling me they were completed. As for shipping, I hired my own truck to pick up part of the shipment because Global Fitness was refusing to ship it promptly. Not once since I signed the purchase contract did I feel that Global Fitness was going the extra mile or turning over any stones.

01/22/2015Problems with Product / Service
07/16/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was told on 4-29-13 that my equipment would be shipping in 2 weeks. That week came and went and I was told that it would ship the next week. It did not. I attempted to contact Marlon, the salesman, and did not receive a response even after 12 days! I finally spoke with someone else at the company on 5-28-13 who said that Marlon would be loading the truck that day and my equipment would be shipping to my business in NC in time for my opening on 6-1-13. I was told I would receive an email with tracking info that afternoon. I did not. I did not receive anything the next day either. Today, 5-30-13, I was emailed a photo of a shipping invoice with half the tracking info cut off. I was able to use the trucking company's USDOT # to find my equipment which will not be shipping until next week!! One week after my scheduled opening. I have spent a lot of money advertising this opening, I have collected memberships based on a 6-1-13 opening date. I have payments due already to a finance company due to Global Fitness requiring a 100% prepayment. I was told the equipment would "absolutely" be here by my opening date on 6-1. I cannot believe that a company could tell a blatant lie and just go on with business as usual. I would NEVER do business with this company again. They were so friendly, helpful, and prompt prior to making the final sale. I trusted what they told me and now I am losing a lot of money because of it.
Product_Or_Service: Various Fitness Equipment

I am requesting a refund of the shipping costs that were paid to Global Fitness in the amount of $6,900 to cover the costs of lost memberships, refunds, money spent on advertising our opening, and other lost income.

Exercise Equipment & Machines - Sales