BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/2010

Vogler Builders

06/25/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide itemized billing as requested

Complaint: Overcharged by approximately $7,400 on a construction project
I was overcharged approximately $7,400 for work not completed and was not provided an itemized invoice. Examples of overcharges was a quote to replace the fixtures in a bathroom of $1,200. I hired a plumber and had the work completed for $260. I requested an itemized project proposal and invoices over 7 times (over several months)and never received the data. ***** ****** (the owner) would not meet with me to discuss the issue. In addition several items were stolen from my property (bike, air compressor, pond pump and filtration system, lighing fixtures). To date, I have still not received an itemized proposal or invoice. Lastly, They left a significant amount of trash in my backyard.

*** ******** was never quoted $1,200.00 to install a light fixture, he was delivered an uopdated invoice on May 23, 2012 3:29:10 AM which has a balance due of over $6,000.00 for work completed, On May 29, 2012, at 8:32 AM, *** ******** writes - "If you install the sauna door at no additional cost, I will not file a claim on the BBB site, or post unfavorable comments on facebook or yelp" which, if this is a legitimate complaint could not be remedied by performing additional work at no cost. the items that *** ******** claims were stoloen were items that he asked to be removed or were given to myself or my workers, i have offered them back to him, he has been told that they are "still" available for pick up anytime if he indeed would like them back. when he was sent the final billing statement, he then locked his gate and asked that we do not go into his yard, so if there was any job related debris left on site we were unable to pick them up, said debris would have been very minimal if at all. On June 5, 2012 1:09:45 PM ** ******** states " do not contact me again or i will consider it harrassment and an invasion of my privacy". This client has been very dificult and i feel that i have tried to occomodate his requests to a certain degree with the exception of participating in his request for work performed at no cost to him with a promise not to file a complaint with the BBB and others as mentioned.

We have been in business since 1978, we are an accredited business with the BBB and have never had a complaint in 35 years of business.

If you require any additioanl information please contact me anytime.

Once, I receive the items, I will agree that they were not stolen. Please have all the items, including the air compressor and all attachments (please note that this was brand new and had never been used, so if it is used, please replace it with a new one), the Custom Raleigh 3 speed bike, the copper fire pit (and stand).

I would like to come pick up my stuff on Saturday, June the 29th, at 10am. Please confirm the date and time, and provide your address. I remember that the building is on highway 9.

I will return the items that you wish for me to no longer have, I was never given a fire pit, unless you may have given it to one of my crew.
The address is*********************************.
I will meet you on the date and time specified.

Contractors - General