Avid Technologies

08/17/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased Protools 11 From avid on October 1st 2014. It was purchased as advertised that i will receive all updates for 1 year.
Less than a month after the purchase the release Protools 12. I waited as suggested on the Knowledge base that they will issue the update to my Avid download account. Ive been waiting since to get it. I have not gotten it still. I contacted them a few times and was told to wait, as they were finding the earliest date to see if was a eligible for an update to PT 12. When i called they treated me as if i called to buy an update. Which i didn't. Since then i have had much frustration. Now that 12 is out the program is 100s less. WHICH IM NOT WORRIED ABOUT. i should have PT 12 as stated and i don't have it. They completely changed the way they sell their Protools, now its cloud based monthly subscription...... CHEAP. And I'm stuck with a $600 software that is out of date professionally. Its wrong for them to take advantage of a consumer who just paid that much for their software. It is very wrong that a company who creates an "industry standard" recording software can do this to someone and ignore it like its perfectly fine. Im not rich, I bought this because i want a future in the industry so i save every ***** i had. And to deliver to me a software they knew would be outdated in less than a month is not something i would expect from a reputable company.

I don't want my money back because this is something i use daily. Im not trying to be cheap or get stuff for free. All i want is to be issueD the Protools 12 update as i should have been and not the version that they gave me. I don't want you to allow them to do this to customers. I mean, If apple released the iPad Pro in October and you bought an iPad 3 a month before... They will rectify the wrong. They will take back your iPad and replace it with the latest version. I just expect the same or similar customer respect when you spend such a large amount of money on something.

Computers - Sys Designers & Consult