BBB Accredited Business since 08/22/2012

YouEye, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

11/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The company has failed to solve issues with problems with their service. I've received no response after repeated attempts to contact support.
I have ran into trouble with their services as a user with this site. They have failed to honor their agreement as I have not been compensated for my services as of late and I have also received no response in issues that needed assistance from support.

My first issue is that I recently completed a study with their site and it was stated on their end that they paid me on 9/25/2014. I have no received payment for the study and there has been no record in my account about receipt of payment.

Another issue that I have with them centers around some of their studies. I have recently completed studies that are currently showing up as "errored" on their end. I've tried getting in contact with support about this for the past couple of weeks but as of today I have received no response from them.

I am sending compliant to the BBB as my current methods of contacting them has failed to yield a response from their support them. I would like to be fairly compensated for my service and I would like for them to be attentive to issues that user may run into with their site. I would like to be resolved as soon as possible.

I am seeking any outstanding compensation for studies that have been completed with YouEye and I would like to receive better assistance from their support team.

08/09/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Despite an advertised 10 business day turn around for payments this schedule is never followed. No one responds to e-mails - payments still pending.
I began using YouEye back on May 13th of 2013. I've completed approximately 10 studies for them since then and despite a promised payment timeframe of maximum 10 business days, I have had to fight and beg for each payment I have received.

Since May 13th I have sent YouEye approximately 15 e-mails to their customer support e-mail address and have received only 1 response - the follow-up e-mail I sent regarding this response was never addressed either. This does not include the messages I have posted on their public help boards and attempts to contact them via their 2 way LIVE chat feature on their website which is always marked as UNAVAILABLE.

The only time I have ever been paid is after threatening to report them to the BBB. They have instantly paid me for all pending tests with no apology e-mail explaining what the delay was in the first place. This leads me to believe they are purposely withholding money and simply hoping customers won't notice.

I have two tests (Reference ID: ******** completed on June 23rd 2013 and Reference ID: ******** completed on June 20th, 2013) that I have still not been paid for. I should add that YouEye has marked study ******** as having been paid on July 9th. This is NOT so. Payment has never been received and no one will get back to me regarding this discrepancy. I have never dealt with a testing company that does not send out these payments automatically.

I'm especially concerned as YouEye uses both my voice and visual image via webcam to take their tests. If this company is behaving this untoward regarding payments - what are they doing with my image/audio? It's unsettling and more than a little frustrating.

I would like compensation for the two remaining studies - $12 each. I would also like compensation for 2 studies I avoided taking and have subsequently missed out on as I was waiting for this issue to be resolved - for a total of $48. I think this is more than fair considering the total lack of follow-up on YoyEye's end.

Hi *****,

Sorry for issues with payment and any missed communication. It looks like all of your payments are now up to date and paid out but unfortunately after the quoted 10 days. We had an issue with the payment system and it's schedule this past week with the 4th of July falling on Thursday. While that is not an excuse as these mix ups were something I should have personally had my eye on to ensure payments were getting where they needed to be in a timely manner.

I will leave your account active for the time being but if you wish to stop receiving emails from YouEye please let us know and we can disable your participant account with us but I hope that is not the case as your feedback has been plentiful and very helpful, I wish you could say the same about us.

If you have more questions please feel free to let us know, we are at full steam again here in the office so there should be no delay in response.

**************

I will not be using your site any further. If you wish to communicate with me you can do it through the BBB website; I have stated what the issues are and what I would like done about it. As of yet, these issues have not been fully addressed.

Hello *****,

Our records show that you have completed 9 studies. As of today (July 25, 2013), you have been paid for all 9.

You were waiting on a payment for a rejected study result that you submitted, and you may not have gotten much explanation around why it was rejected, so I can understand your frustration and confusion there. That result was rejected because it did not have microphone input. During the setup phase of every study, we provide a screen where you can test your webcam and microphone input and avoid mix-ups like this. We will work on our messaging to make this clearer for participants in the future.

***** has sent all the payments owed, as well as the additional payment for the rejected study. This should resolve the issue. I sincerely apologize for the lack of timeliness on your payments thus far.

Unfortunately, I cannot justify paying you for the studies that you did not participate in. If you choose to forgo the opportunity to participate in a study, regardless of the reason, you also forgo the opportunity to earn payment for those studies.

I regret that we could not form a long-lasting relationship with you as a member of our Participant community.

Best Regards,