BuyaBarcode.com

05/30/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

In an email sent to me from Buyabarcode.com, I was promised a full refund for a purchase. When I formally requested the refund, it was not honored.
I made a purchase from Buyabarcode.com of 12 barcodes. It was not until I tried to use these codes that I found out they were worthless. I looked at an email sent to me by this company assuring me if I had any problems using the codes, my money would be refunded. This is a portion of the email text verbatim:
"For Kroger's / Wal-Mart / Target / Lowes / Home Depot / Costco / Federated customers only
In the application process for these stores only, they require a copy of your GS1/UCC certificate with your own company's name on it. Unfortunately, neither we, nor any other reseller of barcodes, can provide you with this document. You must purchase your barcodes directly from GS1/UCC to get this document. The barcodes will work at any other stores in the world but these stores. So if you intend on selling your products at these stores, we apologize for any inconvenience to you and will refund your money."

No where in this email does it mention a timeline for for refunds of unused bar codes. Naturally, we purchased the barcodes ahead of time, so we could be ready to assign them to our products which were still in development at the time. We wanted to have the codes ready to go as soon as we had a product to assign them to. This is what all businesses do. Well, when the time came to assign the codes, it turns out that they were useless to us, because like the email states, most retailers require a gs1/ucc certificate with our company name on it. We requested a refund from buyabarcode.com according to the terms set forth in the email I received. I was told by a company rep that I only had 21 days from the time of purchase to request a refund. I asked where does it say that in the email they sent me. The rep said it is on their web site in the frequently asked questions section. Whether or not that information was on the website at the time I made my purchase I couldn't say. I never saw it if it was. I received no proof from the company that it was on the web site at the time I made my purchase. This is a deceptive business practice; offering refunds cheerfully in an email correspondence, and then declining them when requested. I can send the entire email to the BBB if necessary. And NOBODY waits until they only have 21 days left on a product launch to purchase the barcodes for that product. The barcodes have to be incorporated into the art work on the label. Therefore they must be purchased months ahead of time, not days. We never used the barcodes and should be reimbursed for them.

All I want is a refund. We never used the barcodes and they can be resold by the company who sold them to us.

Business Forms & Systems, Business Services - General, Bar Coding Service