Alexanders Auto Sales, Inc.

06/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was told the vehicle I was purchasing was in good condition but I soon learned it was unsafe to drive. Bad breaks and transmission.
On Sunday, 5/3/15 I purchased a Honda minivan for my son and his family from ********* Auto Sales. The salesman,******, said the vehicle had been inspected and was in good running condition. I asked that the tires be replaced because there was too much wear, with one tire almost bald. They agreed and plans were made to return the car. On Tuesday, 5/5/15, the salesman called my son to ask if everything was okay with the car. My son told him the transmission was slipping and if they could take care of the problem . He was promised they would. Because they couldn't be left without a car we decided to have the dealer fix the brakes and replace the tires and we would look into repairing the transmission ourselves. They said they could finish the job in just a couple of hours (it was about 3:30pm at the time). We called the dealer at about 5:45pm and they said it would not be ready until the following day, today 5/12/15. They were kind enough to lend my son a car but when they got home they found the key they were given was only for the ignition and were locked out of the car. I personally decided to be present at every transaction with the dealer because when my son would go without me ****, the manger, was extremely rude to him! The bottom line is, this dealer sold me an UNSAFE vehicle! My granddaughter is a passenger ** this minivan and I am so upset that they sell UNSAFE vehicles to the public.

Every item on the vehicle must be in safe working order so there will be no need to ever return to this business. I also demand that the manager, ****, apologize to my son ******, and his wife *******, for the rude behavior they have received in trying to get the defective vehicle repaired.

03/30/2015Problems with Product / Service