Here at BBB serving San Diego, Orange and Imperial Counties, we’re all about you. We ask to hear from you about businesses in our community, try to assist you in making the best marketplace decisions possible and help resolve any complaints you have with local companies. It’s our mission to educate consumers – and that’s YOU.
One way we do this is through our Speakers Bureau program. This FREE program gives you access to highly qualified volunteers in your area that would like to speak about frauds and scams that directly affect you and your peers.
Have a PTA meeting coming up? Need a speaker at your next community assembly? Looking for a presentation for your next club or class lecture? The BBB’s Speakers Bureau is right for you.
We want to talk to you about how to protect yourself from the scams currently circulating our community. Here are the top 5 reasons why we think you should schedule a Speakers Bureau presentation today:
1. Become Aware: Learn what scams are spreading through your community and have the potential to affect you the most! Simply becoming aware of scammers tactics is the best defense against their tricks. By bringing the Speakers Bureau to your group meeting, you are giving the gift of knowledge and educating your friends and family on what to look out for.
2. Protect Yourself: While learning what’s out there is the first step, the Speakers Bureau program also gives rules and tips on how to avoid a scam and what actions you should take if you have already fallen victim. Sometimes we don’t know a scam until it’s too late, losing money and giving up our personal information. The first few steps after a scam are crucial to regaining financial safety and stability; let us guide the way!
3. Spread the Word: Once you’re a pro, spread the word! Speakers Bureau presentations give you the knowledge, power and confidence to help protect your friends and family from scams – use it!
4. Meet your BBB: Attending a Speakers Bureau presentation provides a unique opportunity to connect and interact with your BBB. We often speak to you on the phone and via email, but rarely do we ever meet face-to-face. By scheduling a presentation for your group, you are able to meet with our staff and learn a little bit more of what we’re all about.
5. Get Your Questions Answered: Not only are we looking forward to meeting your group, but we are excited for the opportunity to get out into your community and answer your questions! We are eager to address your concerns, give you tips on the spot and become better acquainted – after all, we are here to help you!
We have a variety of presentations ready for your next meeting, including topics of Internet Safety, Scams against seniors, Identity Theft and more. If you would like more information about the program or are interested in setting up an appointment for your next meeting, please click here. We hope to see you soon!