Full-Time, 8 to 5, M-F with occasional overtime
Are you an accounting professional looking to use and develop your accounting skills, while improving your market value in a fast paced technology company? If so, SpotLink, a growing Technology Solutions firm, is looking for an outgoing, professionally minded individual to join its team of service oriented staff as an Accountant / Licensing Specialist. In this role, you will not only be handling the full spectrum accounting needs of a business, you will also have the opportunity to live a dual life as a Software Licensing Specialist/consultant to our clients: performing compliance audits, making recommendations on licensing needs, and assisting in the design, implementation and maintenance of licensing strategies for our clients.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, which exposes them to a broad mix of business skills and settings, and challenges them to think creatively and adapt to fluid situations.
We offer competitive wages, educational incentives, and a flexible work environment. For full time employees, we offer health insurance, revenue sharing and a matching retirement plan.
Software Licensing training will be provided.
This is a full time position.
- Day-to-day bookkeeping via Quickbooks
- Run billing and collections process, and manage cash flow
- Maintenance of the accounting system including the General Ledger, A/P and A/R
- Support senior management with the appropriate financial information to manage a growing business
- Reconciliation of statements
- Organize and safeguard accounting records and financial data
- Full IT Asset Management and records organization
- Understand the licensing programs of companies like Microsoft, Symantec, Cisco, etc.
- Perform inventory/audits of installed software at client sites
- Analyze customer license requirement/contracts
- Make licensing recommendations so as to meet legal requirements and reduce costs
- Execute SAM projects, rollout and transfer a running system to the client
- Provide full IT Asset Management at select clients sites
- Purchasing for internal and client needs.
- Scheduling liaison between clients and techs.
- Office oversight.
- Solid knowledge of QuickBooks
- Strong experience with MS Excel and Office Suite
- Must be highly organized and able to work independently and efficiently
- Knowledge of fixed asset accounting
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, multitasking, and time management skills
- Must be willing to pursue certifications and additional education as required.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred
- 1+ years of accounting experience in a small business environment
- Familiarity with high technology business bookkeeping, especially IT and/or software development businesses
- Knowledge of software licensing
- Experience with BillQuick or TimeSlips
Local travel as needed to client sites and occasional other local travel.
- US Citizen
- Driver’s license and car
- CA good driver record
- Service oriented attitude
BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred
Compensation:This is a salaried position, plus profit sharing. Compensation ranges from $40K to $60K per year, depending on qualifications and experience. Mileage is reimbursed at IRS rate.
Retirement with Company Matching
Information Technology Services Information Technology Services