4 of 9 images | See All Images >>
BBB Accredited Business since
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company offers termite and pest control and structural wood repairs.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that License To Kill meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for License To Kill include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
- Response to 1 complaint(s) filed against business.
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
- BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||1|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding
or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain
any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Structural Pest Control Board
1418 Howe Ave #18, Sacramento CA 95825
Phone Number: (916) 561-8708
Fax Number: (916) 263-2469
The license number is 5634.
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Vincent A Gomez, Owner
Number of Employees
Pest Control Services Fumigation Services Termite Control Insect Control Devices
BBB Program Participation
BBB Yellow Pages
What is a BBB Business Review?
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Star Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Star Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score. Below is the Customer Review Star Rating scale.
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB Customer Review Star Ratings are not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Star Rating in addition to all other available information about the business.
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: Because I was out of the country, I asked my son to find a reputable pest control specialist to take care of rats that had found their way to our home. He contracted with License-To-Kill because they were in the neighborhood and he liked the way the sales person, Larry Veihl, described their products and services. on June 26th, my son signed a contract which lists an initial service charge of $465.00 in addition to a one time $350.00 for traps and a regular monthly charge of $50.00. According to the sales person, they would take care of the problem within a month. Their service included unlimited visits, trap/bait stations and would cover all possible holes/entries to the home. When I returned on July 4th, my son informed me that they came on June 27 to set the traps and again on June 29. Also contrary to was he was told, they would cover the holes/entries to the house for an extra fee. They only caught 2 rats. I called them and the contractor came again on July 6. There were 2 more rats caught. In the meantime, I talked to the manager and complained about their lack of services according to the communication with my son. I also questioned the fees since they were way above and beyond any of their competitors such as Corky who charge $225.00 instead of $815.00 and a monthly service charge of $18.00 instead of $50.00 if needed. In response, the manager said that they have better equipment and traps that are also pet friendly. I questioned why they would then only catch 4 rats. Since then the manager stopped by to check for himself. He told me that they would not charge us the monthly fee until the problem was taken care of and rats inside the house/attic were caught. On July 23, the service man brought us glue traps that are way too small to catch rats and simply don't work. They also covered one entry on the roof to the garage. Since July 23, we have not caught a single rat and yet I hear them in the house, garage, and saw them in the back yard. They have not called or stopped by since.
Desired Settlement: I ask that our contract be voided and they should refund our $400.00 initial payment for this service. We are not at all satisfied about their products which simply do not work as the problem after 4 weeks continues to hunt us. I do not believe that they really care about the issue and do not give it any effort. We continue to hear the rats in the house and have seen them in the garage and the backyard. Their traps do not work since only 4 rats were caught in 4 weeks. Thank you!
Hello, my name is ******* ***** and the general manager of license to kill.
We received a phone call from **** ***** who said he needed help because he caught 19 rats and could not handle it anymore and wanted the professional to take over.
1. I sent an inspector to the home on ***** dr. He was told that there were 4 dogs and a elderly people and did not want rodent bait or snap traps in the home.
2. Our inspector checked the attic garage inside the home the subarea and outside the home . he showed **** about nine areas that need to be rodent proofed to stop the rodents from entering the home . and that he should fix this or or get a general contractor to fix.
3. Our inspector came up with the solution to accommodate the homeowner and no pets or people would get hurt . This process included our regular initial fee of for 465.00 at included said and snap traps in the attic three rodent bait stations around the exterior the perimeter of the home snap traps in the garage and to follow of services . the rats that were live in in the stove and in the couch would be hard to trap do to people and pets. are solution would be to add 10 stations inside throughout the home with snap traps said Anamosa people would not get hurt 's additional cost for this would be $350 at $35 a station.
our inspector advised **** ***** keep both the garage door and kitchen sliding door closed to prevent rodents from Intering the home .
.. And because the extent of the rodent infestation it could. take 1 to 6 months control service.
4. **** ***** agreed and we proceeded with the initial service and installed rodent bait stations and set rodent traps and garage and in the attic. we started the first service on June 27 as requested by **** ***** on June 29we made a second follow-up visit. We did We did a third visit us on July 6
5. We received a call from ****** ***** how had nothing to do with the contract stating Corkys pest control only charges like $285.00 and why was our service so expensive so I explained to her our regular service was $465 an addition of $350 for the 10 bait stations that we had put inside the home with special road and snap traps
6. July 12 she called again and said she still have rodents we sent are pest control technician at six o'clock at night because she didn't get home 10 after five o'clock .
7. to this point we caught are at peace for rodents and change the date that rodents were feeding off and baiting with rats a body count is unknown .
July 19 She called and said they heard another noise so on the 20th at six o'clock again are technician when to the home and made a service call and I told her I would come on Saturdays 21 July . On saterday the 21 I came over and inspected the home. I found that most rodent proofing was complete , But the roof had a large hole were rodents were getting inside the home and a roof vent needed to be rodent proofed. I told here we charge about $450 to make repairs. She said they did not have the money and what else can we do to kill the rats..I then told her we would give her glueboards to set out at night. and told her the service tec would repair the rodent entry points and we would not charge her.And we would leave her about 20 rat size glueboards she can put out at night and pick up in the morning so dogs dont get them.and to call me so I can work with her to get ride of the rats and would not charge her. monday the service tech fixed the roof and roof vent.
8. I recieve a complant from BBB
9. I called her and and asked why she complaned to BBB instead of calling me to take care of the problem. We talked and I explaned everything and offeredher 200 of the 400 dollares back,,If I could get the rodent bait staitions back. She said they wernt working but that was fair to come over.This was saterday morning and I gave her a 200 dollar cheak and removed the bait staitions. one was out front with a dead rat in it.
***** ***** said she was happy and it was fair for both partys.We talked about replacing the damaged wood in her eaves. She also said she would write a good review for us. Our goal is to provide a service and work with our costumers even if we refund money as in this case. We hope she has no more rats ..
Better Business Bureau:
I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID *******, and find that this resolution would be satisfactory to me. I will wait for the business to perform this action and, if it does, will consider this complaint resolved. Mr. ***** contacted us immediately after the BBB complaint was received. He offered to cancel the contract and refund $200 of the $400 payment toward the bill. He also picked up all the traps and bait stations. I felt that this was a fair outcome for both parties and comparable with similar services provided by other companies.
BBB's Final Determination: Consumer accepted resolution offered by the business.