BBB Business Review
BBB Accredited Business since
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that CarePoint Medical meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for CarePoint Medical include:
- Advertising issue(s) found by BBB
Factors that raised the rating for CarePoint Medical include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
- Response to 32 complaint(s) filed against business.
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
- BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
Industry Ratings Comparison
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||9|
|Total Closed Complaints||32|
Additional Complaint Information
BBB has received phone calls and complaints from consumers regarding advertisements from CarePoint Medical claiming Medicare will cover specific products such as the TriMod Back Support. Some consumers allege although the advertising states “Covered By Medicare and Insurance!”, their insurance providers do not cover the product, or do not cover it at 100%. Other consumers allege being solicited with letters claiming “Your physician would like you to make an appointment to approve this item.” When consumers contact their physician’s office they are informed that the letter provided to them is false.
On June 27, 2013 we met with the business to discuss the pattern of complaints and allegations. CarePoint Medical responded by stating:
• The claims mentioned above are not part of their marketing
• The product being offered will be provided at little or no cost to the consumer
• The consumer must qualify for the product and to qualify they must be covered by Medicare or private insurance and have a doctor’s prescription for the product
• The doctor’s prescription request is only sent to the physician following a patient’s request for the product
• Callers are informed up front that cost may be incurred and CarePoint Medical will re-contact them following a verification of their benefits, and inform them of any
expense for which the consumer is liable
• Verification of insurance coverage and patient responsibility is researched prior to providing any products
CarePoint Medical informed us that “You may be responsible for deductible and/or co-pay.” will be added to all advertising.
On August 20, 2013 the BBB received a copy of marketing material CarePoint Medical sent to a consumer. The mailer is not dated. The mailer states “if you suffer from back pain, then you may be entitled to a proven back support system approved by Medicare and private insurance, at little or no cost to you. “ At the bottom of the letter it requests that the caller have their insurance and doctor’s information available. The letter does not state “You may be responsible for deductible and/or co-pay.” The BBB is unable to determine if this mailer was printed and mailed to consumers before or after the company provided a response to the BBB.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Type of Entity
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Business ManagementMs. Kelley McKenzie, Corp. Compliance Officer Ms. Tami Eisele, COO Dr. Dodd Levy, President
Related BusinessesCarePoint Direct
Medical Equipment & Supplies