BBB Accredited Business since 01/14/2009

Corazon Real Estate

8 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

04/17/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Changed the locks on the laundry rooms and did not notify tenants on property of this. When I called Corazon to inquire I was put on hold and no one ever came back on the line, I hung up and called back and was told that I needed to come to the office and get a new key and sign a paper. When I went to get the key which takes over an hour by bus, I asked why we were not notified and told by **** in reception that "All letters that were sent out notifying the (40 apartments) residents were returned by the post office because the post office said it was a postage issue." I don't believe they were ever sent out. They could have come over and put them on the residents doors. When informing Corazon that some of us use public transportation, ACCESS and have no cars, it fell on deaf ears. I don't believe these letters/notices were sent out.

They need to be more responsible in their jobs, answer phones and notify tenants when they are going to change something like the locks. Some don't have the means to go and do laundry elsewhere (uses bus system, handicapped, etc.).

******, one of our staff will be bringing you a key to the laundry room.

You will recall that I have answered all your emails, so it is hard for me to understand why you would lodge this complaint instead of contacting me.

Additionally, it is correct that all the notices were returned to our office.

03/27/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I mailed my rent check on 2/27/15 and they claimed to have only received it 15 minutes after I was informed of a 10% late fee and eviction notice.
I tried contacting the Corazon starting at 10AM Friday morning 3/6/15 to discuss my account as my online account had been terminated. I called 4 times and only spoke to ***** at approximately 1PM after which the late fee and eviction fee had been applied. I got a call back 15 minutes later claiming the found my rent check but refused to remove the late and eviction fees.
I was then told I could pay the late fee on the next months rent but went receiving the eviction on Monday 3/9/15 I called and was informed by ***** that I could not pay the disputed late fee next month and would be evicted if I didn't pay the 112.00 dollars this week.
I have never had issues with a mailed check to any creditor before and this company is doing business in an unethical way in regards to payments.

Credit back the late fee as I believe they misplaced my rent check and the late fee and eviction notice fee should never have been charged.

******, because you are working with us while vacating your lease before its expiration date, and because this was the only late payment during the time you've lived at the property, we choose to eliminate the late fee. Please continue to work with us as we try to find and qualify a replacement renter at the property so that we can minimize your responsibility for future rent as per your lease.

Please understand that Corazon's policy is to ignore BBB or other complaints associated with late fees or deposit accountings. Your circumstances are unique.

10/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

i rent threw corazon real estate and i am on section 8.. corazon reality sent me a letter that i had 5 days to pay rent or they were going to process eviction. i paid my portion of the rent . i tried calling for a week to coarzon reality to give me call about the situation i left messages with a female named ****** and i also left a message on ******** voicemail. everytime i called i left a message and till this day i have not recieved a call from anyone at this reality place. i left message about the situation to see if i needed to file court paperwork cause i did not know what to do. they know that i am single mother with children on section 8 iam being ignored and discriminated this company does not care about no one or what they put you threw. i called section 8 to tell them what happened ans section 8 was the only people who could get info on the situation so basically it just proves that corazon reality just was not going to call me back. i left a message for **** who is in charge of the place and still no call back from them.and when they sent me the 5 day of unlawful detainer there was no date and section 8 had called them and made arragenemets to pay the $398 too and still never called me back.
Product_Or_Service: renter

i would like anything that you can possibly do to this company to happen take them out of buisness i have had so much trouble with this company from the beginning they dont care about there buisnes or the people that rent from them. they have no shame

Contact Name and Title: *************
Contact Phone:*************
Contact Email: **************************
You are complaining that you did not receive a phone call, when I personally spoke with you. **** ***************** spoke with you and us and confirmed that they had made a mistake, and that they were correcting it.
So, just to be sure: this is handled, and you do not owe the $398.
Finally, I forgive you for accusing us of discriminating against you over a phone call.

I never spoke with anyone from corazon real estate the only one that ever spoke to me was the receptionist and I left several messages and till this day have not had a call from corazon reality and discrimination doesn't always mean race its because im on section 8 ...and I called corazon to call me back not housing also you guys can leave papers on my door but never can talk to me

I was very disappointed to read that this office did not actually call you to confirm that you do not owe the $398. You will be called today. I apologize for your not getting a return call about this.

02/01/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Upon entering into a lease agreement with Corazon real estate I made a list of issues to be repaired
List of issues have not been remedied including a broken oven which will continue to heat until catastrophic failure a window that leaks water into the apartment every time it rains and a broken window in the front bedroom that allows cold air to draft in and missing electrical outlets in the living room I have made several requests to have these repaired and Corazon has made minimal effort to accomplish repairs while charging me more rent than anybody else in the apartment complex

Either immediately make all requested repairs or allow me to hire a contractor to make the repairs and reimburse me in full in cash

We believe all repairs have been completed to the tenant's satisfaction.

Let me say that it has been extremely difficult to coordinate repairs as calls are sporadically returned by the tenant, and her surrogate *********** is an unauthorized occupant with an outstanding balance who used to live with another lady in the same apartments in 2011, when he was evicted, and he has also been unreliable, including at least one missed appointment with vendors to address the issues in the complaint.

The oven still has not been repaired, at least 2 companies have been out to look at it and both say it needs to be replaced.
As to what the business replied to, the bulk of the response has nothing to do with the complaint.

The stove has been replaced. Would you please verify with the resident that the issues have been resolved?

08/26/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Corazone real estate has been billing us twice for late fees, billing us for rent increases before they are due, billing us for repairs to the dwelling that are the responsibility of the landlord and the property management company, i.e. Corazone. The company will not respond to attempts to contact.
Product_Or_Service: Apartment
Account_Number: ********************

I do not believe Corazone Real Estate deserves the credit the B.B.B. of Reno, NV. I do not believe Corazone Real Estate is an honest company. Their business practices leave much in question.

I understand that you are angry that you are being held responsible for the $39 invoice that was added to your Tenant Ledger on July 14, as well as for being charged late fees.

You paid on the 9th in July, when your rent is due on the first. This means we had to pay a process server $25 to serve a Notice of Termination of Tenancy for Nonpayment of Rent; you have also been charged for this invoice. These two charges were added to your Tenant Ledger after you paid late in July, which means you probably received the letter notifying you of these bills last week. Because we received this BBB complaint on a Monday, you must have sent it last week, so I don't think you've given us a lot of time to return your phone call. We do not typically rush to respond to complaints that late fees have been charged on rent that was paid nine days late.

You have lived at the property since 2009, with the rent rate and due date staying the same all that time, and have been late 10 times that have resulted in late fees (I would characterize that as rarely late. Things happen in Life, and we try to work with people in good faith. I hope you will do the same). As you are aware, as of August 2015 your rent will increase to $925.00, so that rent increase is not a factor in the late fees you have incurred. None of these are compounding late fees, the definition of which is when you are charged twice for late rent; additionally, you have paid in full each time you have been assessed late fees. We have sent you a copy of your ledger, which you did not review prior to lodging this BBB complaint; it is the same one that you are able to review online whenever you'd like from your Tenant Portal that has been enabled for your use for quite some time. Additionally, from that same Tenant Portal you can communicate with us, or you can send emails.

You have NOT been billed for a cost that is the landlord's responsibility. You are being held responsible for the time spent by the technician who kept the appointment. You turned him away when he arrived. Do you feel the owner should pay for that cost, or that the company should simply not charge for the visit? Should we not pay the employee for his time? Please let me know what part of holding you responsible for this invoice is not fair. Following are the notes from the visit:

"Tenant had given permission for maintenance to enter the property to repair toilet. Per maintenance staff, upon arrival at the property, the tenant stated "today was not good because his wife needed to sleep." Maintenance staff had to reschedule appt."

The problem is the lack of 24 hours notification set
down in the rental agreement. The company has always
called before they arrived to ensure the place was either open or someone was present. This did not happen this time, which would not have been a problem
normally. My wife has just begin a new job with a new
company. Her schedule has been changed. She now arrives home between 12:00 a.m. & 1:30 a.m. The Technician arrived at 8:00 a.m. the following morning,
I asked why he did not call, as before, his reply was "I just came over". Had the call been placed as
I thought it would be, I would have explained the situation and asked for a later time. Then the bill
arrived and the trouble started. I do not believe I
owe this as the 24 hour rule was not followed.

You reported the following issue: "Per Tenant toilet leaks & does not fill tank automatically."

You gave permission to enter, and the arranged time to which you agreed was 8am.

When you call and request a repair, there is typically no need for a 24 hour notice, because it is assumed that the person calling for a repair will cooperate in getting it fixed!
Besides, after requesting a repair, a large number of people would find an official notice on the door quite offensive.

At this point you have convinced me you are not acting in good faith by lodging this complaint, nor in how you have conducted yourself thereafter.

I did not call, I filled out a Maintenance Request.
You should have it in your files. I am going to pay
this bill because the point no longer matters.
As for your last statement, I believe there was no
reason for it.

02/18/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

corazon real estate sent me a bill to me as a late fee notice saying you owe but did not provide a detailed description on what I owed for just an amount. the first time it happened in November I called up and the customer service girl said don't worry about the late fee it was a mistake just send the sewer and trash payments out separately and I did that listing each month separately like she requested as she stated I would not receive late fees for missing the first months trash and sewer bill it was stated the trash and sewer bill would be billed separately to the tenant the tenant was waiting for a sewage bill.the second time just happened last week January as a late fee from November I explained my entire story over again and the customer service lady was a loose and did not care she said it was what was entered into the system that mattered and then complain online if I wanted to submit something or email her

I would like the late fees of $67.11 removed from my account I've been told two different things 3 months apart by the same company and the first I'm not delinquent on any ranch or fees the customer service gave me certain directions and I did those and now the manager saying I owe late fees from 3 months ago this is ridiculous the numbers that they have an automated system

Contact Name and Title: *************
We are attempting to resolve this issue directly with *************. You can verify this with him.

08/26/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Corazon Real Estate, failed to protect us as home owners, by not performing a written walk thru upon renting the property, also the damages.
Corazon, acted with disregard to their duties, when not performing a credit check on the tenant, and not performing walk thru inspections upon leaving and re-renting the house, The damage was poor management to say the least.

Their website says they guarantee their services, Home owners beware !!! His E and O insurance should cover all the damages, included the tree the tenant decided to take a chain saw too.

Bad Management

This person has indicated that she will be initiating a lawsuit; therefore, we are unable to respond to this complaint other than to respectfully point out that a) her allegations are completely false, and b) it is difficult to imagine how anyone could have prevented the cutting down of a tree without 24-hour surveillance in place, which is clearly not part of our or any management company's services.

I forgot to mention that yesterday I provided ************* contact information to our E&O insurance provider, before her BBB complaint, so that they may speak with her about the matter.

07/01/2014Problems with Product / Service

Property Management, Real Estate Services, Real Estate Rental Service, Real Estate Brokers