Northern Nevada

Signature Landscapes, LLC

10 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 6 closed in last 12 months

08/25/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to correct billing errors

Complaint: We requested pre-emergent weed control from this company. They never came and yet they sent us a bill for the service. My husband was home and our back gate was locked when this service was supposedly completed. When we called, they reported that they only did the front yard. Again, this was disputed for the reason above in addition to the fact that we had abundant weed growth in the front. They continue to bill us despite multiple phone calls and asking to speak to a manager (which never happens). My husband thought the issue was finally resolved and he requested an email confirmation. He also requested that we be dropped from their service list; we no longer ever want to deal with this company! Well, we got the email we requested but with another bill attached. Finally, my husband called again last week, asked to speak to a manager about the bill and he was told someone would call us back. Instead of calling us back, they came and provided weed service which we DID NOT authorize. I am sure they will now try to bill for this, too. We want our bill cleared and we want Signature Landscape to take us off their service list with no further contact.
Product_Or_Service: Landscape weed control
Account_Number: *****

02/12/14 Crew went to property and sprayed Pre-Emergent.On 04/11/14 ********** called stating we couldn't have done the back because it was locked and that we only did the front. I told him we would credit him $25 for not completing the task, he agreed and said he would send payment when he received a revised invoice. Emailed revised invoice that same day.
No response or payments since.On 6/18/14 ********** called now saying that we didn't even do the front because he had done it himself. He said he was refusing to pay for any services performed and wanted the rest of the charge completely credited off. Per our routes the front was done and to avoid anymore disputes the balance was written of a new statement mailed with zero balance and all future services deleted out of schedule manager.

08/25/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: Billing/service/customer service complaint.I was quoted the following prices for service for weed control.$179.00 Pre-emergent application.$75.00 for 1st application post-emergent.$75.00 for 2nd application post-emergent.The 2nd post emergent app was done on a windy afternoon and weeds were sprayed hit and miss. Half of the property appeared to have not been sprayed at all as five days later weeds were unaffected. I called on day 5 and requested that they come back and complete spraying the property and informed them that the invoice I received was improper billing me for a pre-emergent ($179) rather than post-emergent application ($75). My request was forwarded in the form of an email to some mystery person (********?) that was supposed to call me back. I have called 4 times in 31 days and all I am told is that someone will be calling me back. When I complained that no one has called me back, I am told that I will "just have to wait".I paid the pre-emergent and first post-emergent application invoices as billed. 31 days after my initial complaint, I have not received a phone call or a corrected invoice, which I now am unwilling to pay full price ($75.00) due to lack of delivery of agreed to service.
Product_Or_Service: weed control
Order_Number: JOB *****

Contact Name and Title: *****
Contact Email: ******************
Customer was given an estimate for pre-emergent at $179.00 and two post-emergents to be done in April and June at $75.00 each. She also requested that the pre-emeregent be done on 3/4/14 and it was.Customer called on 4/7/14 to have a post emergent done and from our records it was not done until 5/8/14. We did schedule her June visit and it was not done due to wind. Customer called that same day and we went back out and completed the service on 6/25/14. Our customer was billed $179.00 for the June work that should have been billed at $75. I took of the $104.00 overcharge.

08/14/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to substantiate charges

Complaint: Contacted Company about a charge on the bill and they keep telling me they would call me back and have never have.
My client # is***** and the job # *****. They came out promptly to repair the sprinkler system on 6/19/2014. They charged $89.00 for the service call.

When we turned the system on after the glue dried it had a leak and they came out on 6/23/2014 and charged $64 for the return visit and put in two parts 1" pvc ball valve for $11.80 and a 1"quick coupler for $261.92.

Again after turning on the system it still leaked and they returned a third time to repair it and gave us a no charge.

When I received the billing I was concerned the 1'quick coupler for $261.92 was too expensive for a pvc pipe fix when they price at ********** for much less.

I called them on 7/18, again on 7/21 and again on 7/24 asking about this large charge and if it was in error. The first two times I spoke with ***** told her my concern and was promised a phone call back to review this charge with me. I never got a call back from anyone. I called again on 7/24 in the morning and left a message for ***** and still have not heard from anyone.

I want to settle this bill but still questioning this charge for $261.92.

I hate to use this means but need to get an answer as this all started last Friday on 7/18.

Can you help me?

Customer has been contacted on 7/29/14 and the billing corrected. ********** was overcharged for parts as we have two similar named parts with very different prices.

06/11/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement

Complaint: I was given a quote of $250 for spring clean-up of a yard project. Per the contract I paid $125 immediately. At that time I was told I would have the job completed within 2 weeks, that they would "squeeze" me in. I asked to schedule a time after the two weeks when I would have it done completely. He said, no the scheduling people wouldn't allow for that. At 15 days, I had yet to hear from anyone to schedule my project, so I contacted *** again and he stated they were so behind and so busy they would try to schedule soon. I told him this was unacceptable and asked to speak to a manager. I did speak to a manager and he scheduled me for the following week. The workers did show up to the house and did a nice job on my partial yard. They did clean-up around the front yard main and partial around the backyard main, however, they did not clean up the front yard to the left at all nor the flower beds in the backyard at all. The total time 3 workers spent at my house was about an hour. And there was no follow-up. I received a bill from the business stating the full amount of the yard care service with no credit for the amount paid. This business is hard to do business with if you are a small residential customer.
Product_Or_Service: Yard care
Account_Number: Job # *****

The business did call me and made arrangements to come back out. And they did on Wednesday June 4th, although they did not complete once again the desired area. I am satisfied with the outcome. *** ******** at ************* called to follow up on Monday June 9th. I am satisfied with the end result as much as possible.

01/16/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to correct billing errors

Complaint: My husband and I prepaid for 10 trim and mow services this summer. We did not see them for three weeks. Had to call and get them to come out. Then, they sent us a bill saying we had not paid. We have proof that we paid for services rendered. I have called 3 times to get this resolved and now I just received a final notice threatening collection proceedings.
Product_Or_Service: 10x Trim and Mow
Account_Number: *****

*********** received a bill in error for work that was already paid for via Signature Landscapes' online prepaid solution. The work was performed as promised, the customer has been in contact with our customer service team and no payment of any amount will be requested of the customer.
It was our fault the customer was billed and we have done all we can to remedy the situation.

We would truly enjoy an opportunity to work with *********** again to demonstrate our commitment to the highest quality customer service in the area.

Landscape Contractors, Irrigation Consultants, Pest Control Services, Lawn & Garden Sprinkler Systems, Water Gardens Fountains & Ponds, Tree Service, Lawn Maintenance