Jones-West Ford

14 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 7 closed in last 12 months

07/03/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

On 6-22-15 I was negotiating a deal on a new vehicle. I had a trade in to be evaluated. After going back and forth with figures, The salesman came in and said "I got you $8800 for your truck". What he in fact did was to put $8200 in the vehicle trade in allowance line and add $633.45 from the Nevada trade in tax credit line to add up to the $8800 plus he told me about. He never did write down anywhere $8833.45 for my trade in but kept insisting the trade in allowance and tax credit is how he got me the $8800 plus. In my eyes and as the tax credit is written, the $8800 should have been on the trade in allowance line and the tax credit is and should be above and beyond the trade in allowance agreed on. I feel this dealer is low balling consumers with this deception on the trade in allowance told to buyer. I will bet this is standard practice for those who do not look into it. I cancelled my agreement and had deposit returned in 2 days, no vehicles ever changed hands. This dealer should be investigated to see if this is normal practice for trading in a vehicle. Thank you.

I just want them to know they have been caught deceiving buyers and this practice should stop.

This is the first complaint we have had of this nature. The trade in value and the sales tax credit allowance are clearly disclosed in seperate ares numerous times. We would have exlplained all aspects of the transaction as many times as needed had we known there was any misunderstanding.

They still used a deceptive tactic saying they got a better price for the trade in when in fact they are giving a lower trade in allowance and then adding the state rebate tax to make it seem as if Jones West is giving me more for the trade in. The $8800 the salesman told me he got for my trade in is what should be on the trade in allowance line and not a lower number with the rebate added in.

06/06/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Salesperson ************* overstated the *************** value of the car I bought, causing me to be upside down when I refinanced 6 weeks later.
On 12/28/2015 I purchased a Nissan Sentra, Stock #18608P, from Salesperson ************* of Jones-West Ford. The *************** price stated was $19,188. ******** "discounted" this to $14,500 and I agreed to the sales price. Later I learned that the *** price was grossly overstated, leading me to believe I was receiving a hefty discount. On Feb 19, 2016 I refinanced the car through ***************************, which placed the value at $12,450, stating the loan was "upside down." **** also told me that earlier they had approved a loan request made by Jones-West Ford's finance department at the time I purchased the vehicle. However this information was never disclosed to me, depriving me of a lower interest rate (a rate which I ultimately received upon refinancing through **** on my own.) Currently ************* is facing criminal charges for operating as part of a 7-person illicit oxycodone ring, operating out of Jones-West Ford. His manager, ***************, and 6 other employees are facing the same charges. ************ was the individual who appraised my trade-in vehicle at the time I purchased my Nissan. I consider the entire transaction tainted due to ongoing criminal activity that was taking place at the dealership. When I called Jones-West Ford a few weeks after purchasing my car to express my concern about the fraudulent *** pricing sticker, ***************. spoke with me, and said that he had gone over all the paperwork related to my transaction, and that everything was in order. He even said that I received "a great deal." The "deal" I received was negotiated by salesperson *************, and Manager ***************, both of whom are currently facing criminal drug and weapons charges.

I expect a refund of $2,050. This amount represents the difference between my bank's appraised value of my car ($12,450) and the amount charged to me by Jones-West ford ($14,500.) Jones West Ford grossly overstated the**********************($19,188), a value which I perceived to be legitimate as it was printed on a flyer with the official ********************. This created the impression that the deal offered to me of $14,500 was a significant discount. In fact, this price was also inflated, as reflected both by my bank, and also by ***, whom I contacted directly. In addition, the finance department neglected to inform me that I was approved by *************************** for a lower interest rate than the rate I ultimately received by an alternate lender, Bank of ********. The withholding of this information cost me additional interest for the brief period I held the initial loan.

The transaction negotiated by the customer was not conditioned with ability to refinance the purchase she made at a later date. Depreciation, loan values and market condition changes were explained in great detail. The reason Jones West Ford as approximately 50 lenders is so lender changes don't limit our ability to provide excellent service to our customers. The recommended loan values for used vehicles change weekly. The request for a refund is not founded.

04/29/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We purchased a used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox from Jones West Fors. The financing for the vehicle fell through so they requested we return the vehicle which we did Friday morning 4/15/2016 at 9:00 am. They were to refund our down payment of $2500.00 and it was to be credited to my debit card by 12:00 midnight (as per their representative Richie). However now 34 hours later we still do not have our money. I called them at 2:30 to find out when we would have our money and they were to call me back. Richie called me back and said he would talk to the bank and call me back soon. Never called back.. I called him and was placed on hold for 25 minutes and he never returned to the call. then I called again three more times to get nothing but the run around. I left two messages and hhave gotten no answers. We wish to purchase a car from another dealership that has gotten financing for us but rae unable to complete that purchase because they have not returned out down payment.
Product_Or_Service: 2008 chevy equinox

My desired resolution is to have our $2500.00 refunded to us immediately.

According to the JWF Finance Department, the customer has been refunded.

04/11/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Consistently poor communications regarding vehicle repair status and failure to execute repairs on a timely basis.
On several occasions, Jones West Ford has failed to deliver timely recall and periodic service on my automobiles which has created significant inconvenience for me and my wife. JWF's service department did not keep us up to date regarding the status of the repairs in question and the availability of our automobiles. We were forced to make unnecessary trips to the dealership on several occasions and generally had to initiate communications with JWF versus them contacting us regarding repairs to our vehicles.

We would like them to provide more timely service and communicate more effectively going forward.

We have spoke to ************ and his son ********** several times.
We understand all of the key elements to great customer service and good communication skills is one of the most important. We failed to communicate properly with ******** on his prior visit with his fusion and did not inform him the door latches for the recall were on back order and when he brought his explorer in for a oil change and shift indicator inspection we did not follow up with him for the entire day. We did the next day and apologized for making such a critical error. ******** agreed to pick up his explorer and drop off the fusion for the door latches to be installed. We delivered the fusion back to his home to save him anymore inconvenience. We also delivered the next oil change sticker that was not installed on his windshield and another next oil change free coupon. Unfortunately we must have activated his valet parking aid on his explorer and he was livid about that of course. I have returned his call and left a message with no response at this time. We do apologize that we failed to make amends with ******** and hope he will reconsider using our services in the future.

03/14/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

To whom this may concern, I have recently had quite a few mishaps at Jones West Ford. I would like to mention two of the issues that happened, the first one being an oil change. I didn't have an appointment but I called early in the morning to come in. The finance manager I spoke with was very rude to me when we were on the phone. When i got there, after being told it would only take around 2 hours to get it done, it took nearly twice as long and I didn't leave until noon. Not only that but they also left my oil cap off and I didn't happen to notice it until 2 weeks later. The second incident was when I went back for another oil change which should not have been necessary if the oil cap was placed back on in the first place. I called to come in again and was transferred to that same finance manager who had no concern towards their carelessness at all. After I left from that second oil change I was on my way home when another driver pointed out to my that one of the plates on the bottom of my truck was left unscrewed and was dragging along the freeway. I went right back and they had to keep my truck overnight so they could order a new part to replace it. After complaining numerous times to the service manager, he told me to write a letter to Mr. West that would personally give to him himself. After trying to reach out to the owner, I still have not heard back from him or anyone else. At this point, not only am I willing to give my truck back and go elsewhere for better service but I have also completely lost my trust in Jones West Ford as well. Every person that I have dealt with doesn?t seem to care much when it comes to customer satisfaction nor do they take any action to improve their performance to avoid any future mistakes even if it would be at their cost. I hope soon that the dealership can eventually learn to value and take care of their customers as well as take a little more pride in their work.
Product_Or_Service: Ford F150

I would like Mr. West to contact me himself so we can further discuss this matter as I am done dealing with anybody else at Jones West Ford.

The customer was formally apologized to by the service manager at Jones-West ford. in addition his concerns have been corrected and the vehicle washed and fueled. The customer in addition was given a no charge loaner while his vehicle was being fixed. There will be no additional calls to the customer as his concerns have been addressed. We are sorry that the customer has lost his trust in this dealership.

Your dealership has no genuine concern for their customers issues whatsoever. Honestly, its a little embarrassing to drive around in a vehicle that has had lousy work done to it. The only reason why I've gone back to get maintenance done on my truck so many times is because by being a ford owner and buying my truck there, that is where they recommend me to go. I've gone against my better judgement and tried many times to give them a chance otherwise I would go out to Carson like most other people do. If it wasn't for the extended warranty on my truck I would give it back and go to GMC. It's not a good sign if I try to contact the owner and i have never once gotten a phone call back. I called to make an appointment with the owners son and they said they would get back to me. I made a follow up call to inquire once more about that appointment and they couldn't give me a direct answer. I don't understand why he won't just see me personally. Ever since he took over the dealership he doesn't follow up with anything. Since it was so difficult to get ahold of someone in a manager position, I looked at their ******** to see if I could possibly contact someone and of course I see nothing but bad reviews. It's really a shame that the only way I could get a response from anyone was by writing on here. The reason my trust is lost is because the dealership does not care at all. I guarantee you if you did a survey in this area about their service, you would understand why I'm so dissatisfied with you guys. They do the bare minimum of whats required just to cover their backs. I am not seeking any apologies in the form of words or car washes.. and yes a loaner is something you should provide for your customers especially since the reason it needed work overnight, causing me to be out of a vehicle in the meantime is due fully to your mistakes. You completely missed the point I was trying to get across to you. It would be nice to speak with someone who's got some sense and decency. Not to mention your dealership really needs to get their act together and take care of business the right way. And no additional calls will be made to me? I have yet to received one at all..

The customer concerns have respectfully been handled at the dealership in the appropriate departments. In addition all management groups have been kept informed and aware of the handling of this customers concerns. In conclusion there is no further action needed to be taken as the concern has been addressed and completed. Thank you.

03/07/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Overcharged on truck repair labor rate
On February 01, 2016, I dropped my 2006 Ford F-350 Diesel truck off at Jones-West Ford in Reno due to a Check Engine warning light and 3 secondary issues. I was driving from ******** to **********************. Service Advisor, *****************, wrote me an initial estimate of $880. I explained that the Engine Warning light would take priority over the other issues. Later that day, I received a call from **************, explaining that the Turbocharger and EGR Valve needed replacement. He addressed the secondary issues, but I declined repair, because I was in a hurry and needed to get back on the road. I only authorized the TC and EGT Valve replacement.
Upon arrival at the dealership, I was presented with an invoice totaling $3251.94. Even though it was an itemized bill, I questioned ************** about the very high labor rate ($1045). According to him, the labor rate at John-West Ford is $220.00/hour!

Upon arriving home, I contacted several Ford dealers for price comparison. The average labor rate for diesel truck repair in the ********************** is approx. $160.

I called John-West Ford in Reno and spoke to a different Service Advisor. According to him, their labor rate is $110 for gas and $135 for diesel trucks.

I immediately contacted ************** and told him about my findings in terms of labor rates at their and other the dealerships. He replied that the service adviser I had spoken to at his dealership must have been mistaken. His labor rate is $220. I requested to speak to the Service Manager, but had to leave a voicemail. He never returned my call.

I am concerned that John-West Ford is either defrauding customers in general with inflating their labor rates, or I was singled out, because I was just transiting with a mechanical problem and "easy" prey. Regardless, the John-West Ford Service department needs to be investigated, their business practices stopped, and held accountable before other consumers are being overcharged and defrauded.

I am seeking refund of $404.75 for overcharge on labor rate. $135/hr x 4.75 hrs = $641.25 (actual)
$1045 (invoiced) - $641.25 = $404.75 (Refund diff)

To whom it may concern,
We have evaluated ********s repair invoice (******)and do not find any discrepancies in the labor time or labor rate charges.
We use the Mitchell II mechanical labor estimating guide for the flat rate technicians time and our labor rate for gasoline and diesel vehicles is $110.00 per hour.
******** was charged two hours to diagnose line A @110.00 for a total of $220.00, line B 1 hour for $110.00 line C 1 hour for $110.00, line D 1 hour for $110.00.
Diagnosis time is necessary to determine the exact discrepancy and requires time, experience and use of expensive testing equipment.
As ******** has stated because of time constraints he only authorized the repairs on line F and G. The original estimate was undated from $880.00 to $3830.00 by phone. The total invoice including diagnosis,parts,labor to replace the EGR valve and turbocharger, shop supplies and tax is #3,251.94
We apologize to ******** for not receiving the in depth clarity he deserved regarding his invoice detail for work and charges during his exit review.

Auto Dealers-New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Dealers-Used Cars