BBB Accredited Business since 04/13/1977

Jones-West Ford

8 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

02/09/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I dropped my vehicle off on Thursday January 8th, 2015 for and oil change and maintenance work. I had an appointment for January 9th, 2015 at 0900 hours. I called and left three messages between the hours of 1500 and 1800. I received no response. I called again on Saturday the 10th of January and left two messages between the hours of 0900 and 1100, with no response. I then called and spoke with sales who advised me that service was closed and I would have to wait until Monday January 12, 2015 to retain my vehicle. I called Monday and left two messages between the hours of 0800 and 1100. I never once received a call back. At 1700 hours I called and requested a manager call me back. A gentleman by the name of *** called me back at 1800 hours and advised me my vehicle had not been started on. This being said I was upset and demanded it be done. I have vehicle rental for anything over 24 hours, and I was unable to have a vehicle for four days. On Tuesday January 13, 2015 I was called around 1200 hours and advised my vehicle was done. I work graveyard and did not get the message until after 1800 hours when I woke up. I then received another call from a man named ***** on January 14, 2015 at 0800 hours advising me again that my vehicle was ready. He was rude, and I explained I was unable to get to the dealership due to no ride and a physical therapy appointment. He seemed to imply that I needed to get my vehicle right away. I did not appreciate how he spoke to me. Once I retrieved my vehicle it was obvious there was an alignment issue that was not there before, as well as some bumper damage. I had to have another shop correct the problems as I do not ever want to do business with this company again.

Just make it right. This is a service industry, I should be treated with respect.

We apologize for any and all inconveniences that the customer may have went through. We never allow our customers to be treated with anything less that the professional, kind service that they deserve. As this customer was in fact being assisted by upper management ***** was also continuing his training on customer call backs and follow-up. We appreciate the customers concern as we improve our customer daily.

11/04/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I took my truck that was under a warranty by ford to Jones west because of a ticking sound. I was informed that they wound have to take the valve covers off to find the noise and depending on what they found the warranty may or may not cover it. I told them to go ahead as I am a female and didn't know much about engines. then I was informed that the ticking was nothing but a loose spark pug and they were charging me almost $1000 for it. I feel they over charged me for there miss diagnose and should have check the simple stuff before tearing down the motor.
Account_Number: invoice #******

I want to be charged the amount that it should be for a diagnose and time it took to change the plugs.

On October!, 2013 ********** brought in her 2006 F-150, with a loud ticking noise coming from the engine She agreed to pay the diagnoses for this concern. Our technecian verified the noise and stated that it sounded like it was coming from the valce train area. To make sure that there was no issue with the the valve train the technician had to remove the valve covers. The customer did authorize tear down and inspection. We immediatly discovered loose spark plugs. Customer made the statement that a local shop in ******** just replaced the sparkplugs very recently. Ore technecian replaced the spark plugs with new ones as approved by the customer. The ticking noise went away. The customer's friend Dan said that the shop in Turlock used anti-siezeon the spark plugs. Customer was charged for diagnostic, valve train inspection, valve couver gaskets and spark plugs. Customer is fully responsible for all documented charges that she authorized. after further reviewing the paperwork, statements by the customer and her pre authorization there will be no refunds.

02/12/2013Problems with Product / Service
02/04/2013Problems with Product / Service
03/26/2015Problems with Product / Service
11/10/2014Problems with Product / Service
08/15/2013Advertising / Sales Issues
07/19/2012Problems with Product / Service

Auto Dealers-New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Dealers-Used Cars