$12,000 in Scholarships Available. Apply today!
BBB Torch Scholarships recognize students who personify high ethical standards as demonstrated through leadership, community service, overall personal integrity and academic history.
Entries due November 30, 2015.
FALL 2015 TORCH SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS*
- $1,000 Confero, Inc. BBB Torch Scholarship
- $1,000 National Pawn BBB Torch Scholarship
- $1,000 Triangle Office Equipment, Inc. BBB Torch Scholarship
- $1,000 BBB Torch Scholarship
- $3,000 BBB Torch Scholarship
- $5,000 BBB Torch Scholarship
*Your application qualifies you for each of the above scholarships.
- Current college-bound high school juniors and seniors, and college undergraduates who reside within BBB’s 33-county service area. (Click here for a list of the counties we serve.)
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
- Obtain a brief letter of recommendation and signature from a representative of a BBB Accredited Business (visit BBB Accredited business directory). Use form included in Torch Scholarship application above.
- Essay topic: Keeping in mind BBB's vision, please cite examples of how you might benefit, both as a consumer and in a business setting, through BBB's efforts to accomplish its mission.
- Essay must be student’s original work, 400-500 words, typed, on 8.5”x11” paper.
- Essay to be evaluated by an independent panel of judges on effectiveness in presenting a point of view, thoughtful and creative interpretation of the topic, grammar, and spelling. Essay must be student's original work.
- Click here to see one example of a past winning essay, and click here to see another example of a winning essay.
- Submission must include essay, letter of recommendation, transcript and completed application form to be considered. The following scale will be used in assessing entries:
Essay - 50%
Academic Achievement - 30%
Leadership/Community Service - 20%
BBB must receive entries by 5 p.m., November 30, 2015.
Thank you to our BBB Torch Scholarship Sponsors
Click here to learn about BBB Torch Awards, created to showcase ethical companies and charities in eastern North Carolina that build trust, advertise honestly, tell the truth, remain transparent, and honor their promises.