Eastern North Carolina

East Coast Sales

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

07/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Service Complaint Issue

Complaint: Failure to issue title.
East Coast Sales has refused to issue a title for a trailer purchased from ******* ****** around the 1st of May 2014.

Customer called JUST yesterday about the title issue, The original was sent out to her within 12 days of purchase, and customer called 5-28-14 and said they never received it, At time of sale they were given a certified COPY, with the 30 days temp registration , Duplicate title is being sent to customer again today 5-29-14
GEEEEEEEEZ

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
The response from this business is a lie. NO title was sent after my purchase. I called and spoke to this woman on the 29 of May and she told me that "he signed some this week and was going to sign more and hopefully it would go out soon." They NEVER SENT THE TITLE. SHE IS LYING. I have to travel out of state. I need to make sure I m driving legally. She also said she would email me a new bill of purchase so that I had another 30 days since they can't seem to get the title in the mail to me. She never emailed that either. THIS BUSINESS IS LYING. I need the title this week.

01/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

Complaint: Ibought a new 2013 Titan Trailer. It has major leaking issues.
I purchased a brand new 2013 Bendron Titan Cargo Trailer on 01/12/2013. Model #BN712SA for $3626.00 I used a credit card for the purchase. The sales Representative's name is ***. He sold me a trailer that he knew was defective from the factory. I have only had the trailer for six days when I noticed it was full of water on both sides and in the front. I called East Coast Sales and requested a refund or another trailer on 1/18/2013. He declined to refund or exchange. They want to patch a new trialer that I have had for six days. I don't want a patch up job. The woood is going to rot in less than 6 months and they do not want to replace the floor in the front and the side walls.

This customer called 3 times last week and hung up each time, We suggested he contact the factory for the approved warranty repair, also we invited him to come to the dealership for additional repair on Sat 1-19-2013 and he never come by , our suggest is to contact the factory again and follow the guideline for warranty repair. If he doesnt hang up on them like he has last week maybe he can get some expideted help. Hanging up the phone and threats will not get the work or repair warranty work completed any quicker. WE ARE HERE TO HELP.

Upon further inspection of the trailer, it looks like someone has already tried to patch the leaking roof with new sealant.East Coast Sales and manufacturer knew the trailer was defective. They should be held liable. There should have been a recall done on these trailers because I am not the only one who has had problems. But Mr. *** or *** does not want to address this problem. Very Bad Business!!!

10/18/2012Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Guarantee or Warranty Complaint Issue

Complaint: The trailer that I purchased keeps wearing through the tires (two complete sets). I contacted the salesman multiple times with no response.
I purchased a 2012 Diamond Cargo 6x10 SA-3500 enclosed trailer from East Coast Sales for $2,218.00 on 12 Oct 2012. I paid cash for the trailer. The stock number on the trailer is ***, and the vin number is ***. The salesman was ***. The trailer had what appeared to be cosmetic damage which I wasn't concerned about and *** took $50 off the original price for. Not even a week later I used the trailer to move a few personal items for my wife and I to *** TX (about 1950 miles) which is where I am stationed now. By the time we arrived to my parents house at the 1500 mile mark I noticed that the tires were worn down to no tread on the inside of the tires. So I went and purchased two new tires and a rim to make a spare. The next day we finished up the almost 500 mile trip to *** and once again, I saw that the tires were once again worn down to no tread on the inside of each tire. I called *** at least 3 times leaving messages two of the times and one time I got a hold of him and he said he would contact me back but never did. I also had sent multiple emails and pictures of the tires with no response back on what he was going to do to fix the issue. I believe that the damage that happened to the trailer prior to me buying it somehow damaged the axle and is causing the wearing of the tires. I have only put a total of 3000 miles on this trailer and have had to replace two complete sets of tires. The tires have cost me $75-85 each plus tax.

Contact Name and Title: ***
Contact Phone: 919-661-1045
Contact Email: Sales@eastcoastsales.com
The warranty is the best in the industry with the
Factory / plant. Not East Coast sales The factory
Warrants trailer defects. Not East Coast Sales. We have
Informed the customer not to overload the trailer. As well
As keep right pressure on the tires He has been given
The warranty info and the correct numbers to call about defects

06/05/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Guarantee or Warranty Complaint Issue

Complaint: The dealer refuses to honor his request to deliver the trailer back to the manufacturer for them to warranty their work.
I purchased 2 trailers from Randy Coley, owner of East Coast trailer sales, located at 501 Tyron Rd, Raleigh NC. I pick up the first trailer in the Spring of 2012. It was known to me to have hail storm dents in it. As per the damage the price was reduced $250.00 to reflect that. I drove from my house in Wilmington NC to his lot, 2.5 hours to get it. When I was in his office doing the paper work I put on the counter all the cash needed to buy it. He counted it it out and said I was $250.00 short. I said it had damage and we agreed on the discount. He said no. So I paid an additional $250.00 for the damaged trailer.
After getting it home I was unable to use it because the cables that retract the ramp door were not considered in the overall width of the ramp door entry. (my fault) I called him and asked if I bring it back can i upgrade it. He said No, as is where is. So i decided to sell it where i live. It sold quickly for a loss to me of $250.00
I reordered a new on that was much larger for $3950.00. When I picked it up it was dark and I did not notice the defect. Upon getting it home I saw how out of line the front portion of the trailer was. I called Randy he said bring it back and we will load it on our truck and have the factory warranted the work.
I brought it back in October 1 week after purchase.(his salesman noticed the defect right away)3 weeks later I called to check on it. Randy said I have to bring it to the plant in Georgia myself. He would do it for a fee. Something he NEVER said before. Having known that I would have since I was going to Alabama for Thanksgiving anyway, my route put 45 miles from the plant.
It is now Feb,25th and the trailer is still on his lot. Randy has lied to me so many times I can not keep up with them. He has me trying to negotiate with the factory. They are more than willing to honor their warranty but have no way to pick it up.

It is not the responsibility for the dealership to delever the trailer back to the Factory for His so called factory repairs, Customer only needs to read the warranty, it is plainly outlined
in written form.

Failed to respond to my complaint or offer a resolution.

He needs to simply read his warranty thats inside each trailer we sell and follow the instructions for warranty procedure. It is NOT East Coast Sales responsibilty nor is it a burden to East Coast Sales to incur any cost to transport trailers back to the factory for unreasonable nor unauthorised warranty repairs.
*Submitted with highest respect to the council
Randy Coley
Manager
East Coast Sales

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

09/11/2013Advertising / Sales Issues