In Eastern North Carolina

Baker Roofing Company

04/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Repairs resulted in additional damage

Complaint: Gutter guards were not replaced correctly. Ihey were broken and bent.
Baker Roofing Co. came and put a new roof on, I was assured that my gutters would be put back on the same way they were. They came back to fix them and made them worse I finally had to call my gutter company to put them back right and they charged me 746.00 to fix the problem.

More info received from the consumer 2014-04-04
The Baker Roofing Company called and came today and gave me a check for fixing my gutters, I am very pleased and happy about the results.

06/18/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: Baker Roofing damaged my gutters during a roofing installation and replaced them with improper size and poor installation resulting in wood damage.
We signed a contract with Baker Roofing to install Camelot GAF Shingles with cooper valleys and drip edges onto our home on July 28, 2004 at a price of $ paid in full. Overall we were pleased with the results, however they were not without major problems. Our first issue we noticed was the promised Golden Pledge warranty we agreed to was never produced and a Smart Choice system plus warranty was issued in it's place. The Smart Choice warranty card is not signed or completed in my handwriting. It is not the Golden Pledge we agreed and understood to have purchased on contract.

During installation we noticed the single piece roll able LOR-30 lo-Omni roll ridge vent we ordered was being replaced with a cobra ridge vent system that was our main problem reason for the reroofing in the first place. This later became an issue due to leaks and Baker Roofing at first wanted $ to repair until they realized we were still within the 5 year labor warranty they gave to us and it was on contract as LOR-30. They did replace the ridge vent however without repair of the leak damage caused inside the home. Baker roofing also had used a chemical to clean the cooper flashing and damaged 50 squares of my garage roof, which they also did eventually replace. They should have used gloves for proper cooper installation.

Another issue during installation and the reason for my complaint today is my original 6 inch gutter system and 6 inch down spouts were destroyed by tossing the old shingles onto the ground and raking them off the roofline. Baker agreed to replace the gutters at their expense, however they only replaced with 5-inch gutters and 5 inch down spouts. Not the original 6-inch we had prior to their re-roofing destruction of my gutters. We were not aware of this at the time.

Because of improper water evacuation off the roof because of the wrong size and improper installation of the gutter system I have incurred extensive wood rot and underlying fascia damage. The result of Baker Roofing saving a few dollars has now cost me expensive wood damage and the gutter installation they did not adequately repair and replace my gutters that protect my home. I have now had several licensed contractors identify my problem being a result of wrong size gutters and improper installation resulting in us having to pay $ to repair rotten wood and removal of the gutters caused by Baker Roofing. In addition, we will also have to pay $ for a new 6-inch gutter system installation that will adequately protect my property.

We feel this is due to the intentional cost saving measures taken by Baker Roofing in replacing our gutters system with a faulty installation and the improper size gutter for our home and roofing system. Home maintenance is a regular part of home ownership. These issues we have experienced are directly related to Baker Roofing's gutter installation and we feel they should help compensate us for this damage they directly caused. Baker Roofing is a reputable company, and claim they stand behind their products and workmanship. This is why we went with them in the first place; however, we are not pleased with them and could not in good faith recommend them to friends and family knowing of our problems and experience.

We were made aware of this complaint today and are very concerned that there seem to be several issues that appear to have been addressed poorly with this project.

Rest assured, we will make this right by you and have no intention of leaving one of our valued customers, with the unaddressed issues and problems that have been described.

Please know that we will be reaching out today to make contact and promptly setup a time to meet and provide resolution.

We do stand by our customers and want every customer to have a great experience and to have peace of mind concerning the services that we provide, and have been providing, for almost 100 years.

Respectfully,

Vice President, Residential Division
Baker Roofing Company

Roofers, Waterproofing Material Suppliers, Basement Waterproofing, Water Proofers, Siding Contractors, Roofing Consultants, Contractor - Metal Roofing