BBB Accredited Business since 02/14/2013

Savvy Homes LLC

26 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 9 closed in last 12 months

10/06/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I want SAVVY HOMES to deliver my window screen that was promised to me since July 9, 2015.
Since July 9, 2015, I have requested that SAVVY HOMES deliver 4 window screens that were missing when I purchased my home. 1st attempt all screens were wrong size, 2nd attempt I of the 4 did not fit. It is frustrating that you pay over $300,000 for a home and the customer service afterward is pitiful.

Come to my home and take measurements of my window that is missing a screen.

Final Consumer Response /* ****** ** *********** */
Problem SOLVED, *** from Savvy Homes notified all personnel involved and Window screen came the same day. Thanks ***!

06/15/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Lack of execution of Homebuilders 1 Year Warranty
We purchased a home through Savvy Homes in May of 2014 which was new construction and included a homeowners warranty. The warranty included a 10 month walk through which was conducted, however the majority of the work that concluded that day (23 April) left more damage than improvements to the house.

Since that day, the painters have returned three times to fix the same issues - one of which I was told they can't since their second visit they painted on a light fixture which they are unable to remove now.

In addition, I have had to follow up with the Warranty Technician, as well as attempted to contact the Warranty Coordinator (but was ignored) to attempt to get all of the repairs completed from their sub-contractors.

Through the past year there has been a history of lack of warranty service to complete reliable and satisfactory work as there were issues that were noted before closing that required several attempts and specialists to verify.

Lastly, within hours of the 1 year warranty expiring my AC quit working and as I attempted to file a warranty service they left it to the AC Company to tell me (on the telephone) that they would not be servicing it because it was no longer under warranty.

1.) The framer needs to resolve the noises coming from the floors
2.) The stains on the front steps need to be removed

*** *****

The company came out today and fixed all issues. Amazing how that works when you are able to light a fire under them....thanks for the help!

*** ********

07/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

A power outlet was requested in the garage to support a secondary refrigerator. An overvoltage occurred and the refrigerator was fried.
I requested an additional outlet in the garage for a secondary refrigerator. Initially a 110V was installed but then later converted to a 220V outlet. No one knows how that happened and there were no indicators on the outlet alerting us to a higher voltage. An overvoltage occurred to the refrigerator when we plugged it in and powered it on. Savvy agreed to pay to have technicians inspect the refrigerator and quote a repair cost. The breakdown is as follows:
(1) fried component : 274.70
(1) fried component : 235.65
shipping : 10.00
service charge/labor : 130.00
total : 650.35
I conceded to Savvy that because I had requested the additional outlet (which started the chain reaction toward the refrigerator getting fried), that I would pay the 130.00 service charge and labor. I told Savvy that I believed the remaining 520.35 to rightfully be their responsibility (because they approved the cost for the outlet to be changed from 110V to 220V, without questioning why it was happening.) Several weeks have gone by throughout this ordeal and Savvy is now telling me that they will only pay a little over half of the repair cost at 330.00. Savvy's representative has told me in person (implied) that I bore some of the responsibility for the outlet being the wrong voltage.

I request that Savvy Homes LLC pays $520.35 toward the repair of our refrigerator.

Business Response /* ****** ** *********** */
In April of 2013, we initiated a change to our building plan at the verbal request from customer. Specifically, the customer asked for an additional outlet to be installed in the garage with enough power to run a deep freeze or other type of appliance that would require more than 110 volts. The installation of this 220 volt outlet was in addition to the outlets normally included in our homes. The electricians installed the supplemental outlet and the upgrade resulted in a $580.11 charge that Savvy absorbed as a customer courtesy.

The customer did indeed plug in a refrigerator and the overvoltage damaged two circuit boards in the refrigerator. The customer called us telling us of the damaged refrigerator. We requested that the electricians go back out to the home to inspect for possible causes. The electricians said the damage was a result of the homeowner plugging in the refrigerator into the 220 volt outlet. We then had the electrician install a 110 volt outlet in place of the 220 volt plug.

As a courtesy to the customer, and because we did not have a signed upgrade request, we believed that sharing in the costs of the repair was appropriate. Had we gone the extra step and had the upgrade request signed by the customer, we would not have agreed to any of the repair costs.

Consumer Response /* ****** ** *********** */
I am really taken aback by Savvy's response. It is not only inaccurate (as to how the actual events happened), it shows Savvy's perpetual refusal to accept responsibility for their actions.

The bottom line is that neither myself nor my wife ever made a power output recommendation to Savvy when we asked for the additional outlet in the garage-we simply asked for an outlet to support a "secondary" refrigerator. We trusted that Savvy would have the correct outlet installed.

I would never do business with Savvy Homes LLC again.

I am completely and utterly dissatisfied and disgusted at Savvy's lack of professionalism and unwillingness to do what's right and pay for the repair of the refrigerator (less the service charge, which I said I would cover.)

Savvy knows how to get in touch with me. I wonder if a Savvy rep will call me and actually make this right.

Final Business Response /* ****** ** *********** */
Our internal operations records show that a reimbursement check for $330 was sent to this homeowner on June 15th to cover the half of the overall expense that the homeowner reported that he incurred in having his appliance repaired. That check has been cashed by the homeowner. However, the homeowner reached out to us earlier this week and informed our Sales Director that additional parts were required in order to have the appliance repairs completed. As a result his expense for repair increased another $200.00. The homeowner has supplied us a copy of the invoice of the repair and we have agreed to provide him another check for 1/2 of the new difference in cost which is $100.00. We believe that our offer to reimburse the homeowner for 1/2 of the repair for the appliance is still fair. We also acknowledge his acceptance and cashing of the first check as his agreement with our course of action.

Final Consumer Response /* ****** *** *********** */
I'm only "accepting" Savvy's "resolution" because I know that they will never own up to their full responsibility (or that of their electrical subcontractor.)

Yes, we went ahead and cashed the 330.00 check because we wanted to proceed with having the refrigerator repaired (and it is now.) I certainly had no idea that more components would be found fried but what could be logically expected from an appliance overvoltage?

I also found it interesting that when I reached out to Savvy's rep about the additional repair cost, he made specific mention of my BBB complaint against Savvy. The conversation essentially ended with me telling him that I was truthful in my written complaint to Savvy via the BBB

I still find it unbelievable (but not surprising) that no one from Savvy HQ in Raleigh has contacted me regarding this incident. A BBB complaint has been filed against you and clearly YOUR CUSTOMER is not happy, and yet, you're apparently "OK" with minimal action being taken to satisfy the customer.

While I know that not every customer can be satisfied, I certainly can be. When Savvy started getting repairmen out to our home to fix a litany of problems, I was satisfied. All that I've asked regarding the repair to the refrigerator, is that Savvy covers the repair cost for their mistake. I shouldn't have had to pay 1 penny to repair the refrigerator but because I actually want to use the refrigerator (novel concept, I know), Savvy left me with no choice.

06/25/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Savvy said the would add additional gutters and never followed through. Also there are other issues they continue to not address.
We contacted Savvy on April 26 asking them to add additional gutters due to constant washout and a worry it would erode our foundation similar to the issues our neighbor was having. We asked them to cover this, as they covered other neighbors gutters, as well as we had originally asked for this after inspection knowing this would be a future issue. On April 26th their warranty person ****** responded as follows: "I will get it scheduled up to add gutters .... It will take around 4 weeks or so to get them out." At this point we assumed this would be taken care of and left it to them to get the additional gutters which we needed, and also the gutter company was to fix an issue on the back of the house with existing gutters. We waited and after 4 weeks nothing. We finally reached back out on May 23rd and got no response. We reached out again on May 29th to ****** who finally responded on June 2nd they would not be taking care of this. My first issue is they continue to not respond to email or phone calls until hounded. My second is that it does not take over a month to tell us they are not going to do something they said they would do when they are in the neighborhood every single day. We continue to have issues with the lack of gutters completely washing out our beds and it will eventually lead to the erosion of our foundation (happy to supply pictures). They said they would do something and they should honor their word.

As a second issue we brought up when the president was visiting our neighbors house and our is that there is water standing under our deck that does not drain out. This was brought to their attention over 3 weeks ago and they have yet to fix. ****** says he knows nothing of this issue even though we spoke with the PRESIDENT about this. We have tried to call Savvy and they have not yet returned my wifes phone call.

Again the service of our issues has been a constant issue with this company. And this doesn't even bring up the drainage issues in the backyard.

Savvy should put up the gutters as they said they would and also fix the issue with the back deck having standing water under it. They also need better communication with their clients.

Final Consumer Response /* ****** ** *********** */
Savvy has agreed to cover the gutters as we requested. This complaint can now be considered closed as the company has worked with us to resolve

10/01/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Privacy fence was installed incorrectly.
The privacy fence was installed on approximately 30 May 2013. As stated in the covenant: Fences will be compatible with the home and have architectural interest. Flat wood fencing that does not have architectural interest and visual relief will not be approved. No fence will be higher than six feet from the final ground level to the top of the fence except by special permission of the Architectural Control Committee. ONLY CEDAR STAINED SHADOW BOX ARCH FENCES SHALL BE ALLOWED. The fence that was installed was/is a flat wood outside facing fence that is not stained or arched on the top. It was brought to their attention while being installed that it was not in compliance with the covenant, I was told by the builder that the fence being installed was the only type they installed and that they would be having the covenant changed to reflect that. The bank that is in charge of the covenant at the present stated that it would not be changed, but in fact the builder will change the fence so that it is in compliance with the covenant. Also, the bank has held money from the sell of the house until the builder fixes the fence. To date that has yet to happen. After being in the house since June, we are not able to do any projects, plant any plants, flowerbeds, garden, or and other landscaping within the back yard because the fence has to be corrected and after spending the time and money on area beautification, we really don't want the area destroyed if and when they decide to install the correct fence. We just want the fence to be in compliance with the covenant and completed now, so we may do the projects and area beautification that we have scheduled to do. I am afraid that the hundreds of dollars of plants we have purchased are going to die before we can get them in the ground.

Replacement of the privacy fence to meet the requirements of the covenant within a timely manner.

Business Response /* ****** ** *********** */
Fence is now in compliance. Savvy Homes arranged to have this corrected.

Final Consumer Response /* ****** *** *********** */
The work on the fence is complete and we are very pleased with the end result.

Final Business Response /* ****** *** *********** */
We have taken care of the fence installation portion but now need to stain it. We delayed staining to allow the fence to cure prior to applying any product. We engaged the homeower recently with some paint stain options and are awaiting to hear back from him on the stain color that they have selected. Once the homeowner has provided us his color choice we will arrange to stain the fencing as requested.

03/25/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Warranty Issue
This complaint is in reference to the ************* NC division of Savvy Homes in Raleigh, NC. Before closing on our home in October of 2015, I had noticed an issue with excess water coming off the roof from the channel next to our front porch (It needs gutters). I spoke with the superintendent on more than one occasion of this issue before closing and no one from Savvy contacted me or even offered to charge me extra to fix this problem before closing on the house.

There were cosmetic issues on the interior of the house that were also ignored until I sent an email saying I wasn't going to close on the house until the issues were resolved, because during the walk through I was told as long as my wife is happy then except the flaws. My point of contact for those issues was the Realtor company ******************* not Savvy Homes and that was a flag from the get go.

Savvy hasn't even came to the property to visually see the drainage issues I'm having which is going to effect the foundation down the road. I was in contact with their warranty department and also sent pictures with no luck. Also the screened porch that was installed on the back also has no gutter's and I had to remind the superintendent more than once on upgrades we had purchased that weren't being installed prior to closing.

My wife and I are happy with the house except for the water drainage issues and the sub par craftsmanship that I'll be refinishing myself down the road which includes the ceilings,caulking and the crackling floors throughout the upstairs and stairs.

These are decent houses, but the sub par craftsmanship and warranty department are in question so inspect everything prior to closing.

I would like for someone with the warranty department actually come to my house and see the drainage issues on the front and back of the house.

A representative from Savvy Homes has arranged an appointment with the homeowner to evaluate his drainage concerns.

10/12/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Fireplace hearth is not correct or repaired as was promised day of closing.
We closed on our home on 28 May 2015. One week prior to the closing, Savvy finally finished the fireplace hearth and it was terrible and not stone of our choosing. We raised the issue through the realtors. Savvy's realtor said nothing could be done we would have to accept the hearth as is. We protested this and asked it to be elevated. This process was slow and day of closing arrived. I called and spoke with the closing department to notify them we would not purchase the home if the fireplace hearth would not be fixed. The closing department said it would not be an issue. The building manager would be notified to get the hearth fixed. At the closing meeting in the the home, the building manager did say he had talked with Savvy headquarters and would be getting the hearth fixed. I asked him to put it in writing and he did on the final walk through paperwork. We were told it would be two weeks to get the stone contractor in to do the work. We requested to delay one additional week as we would not be home to allow the contractor in. Savvy agreed. The time came and passed and we called and were told it would be a few days more. The first time we saw the stone contractor was early July. He tore up the incorrect stone, then informed us that he was only authorized to use left over building material, he could not purchase material to complete the job. After he cut all the scrap material in to pieces and layed them on the floor so we could see how the hearth would look, it looked terrible. I contacted Savvy building manager to notify him that the hearth was not right. He said he had to contact Savvy headquarters to get authorization to purchase materials to do the job correctly. The stone contractor said he would contact us after the fourth of July holiday weekend. We did not hear from the contractor again. He would not return phone calls, and Savvy representatives were very slow to respond if they responded at all. Today is 4 September 2015, we had a long awaited appointment with a Savvy stone contractor to complete the hearth. This appointment was scheduled over a week ago after Savvy homes finally returned our multiple phone calls. I informed Savvy and the stone contractor that I would have to use vacation time to meet the contractor to have the job finished. I was guaranteed the stone was ordered and was correct for the job. Today the contractor showed up. The stone he was provided was not correct, and there was not enough of it to do the job had it been correct. I contacted Savvy headquarters to try to resolve this again. I was directed to a new building manager who said he could only meet next Thursday 10 September. I told him I could not meet at this time, that Tuesday 8 September could work. He said that would not work for him and the only other time he had available is 21 September. I told him this would not work, thanked him for his time and wished him a nice holiday weekend. I will not work with this individual, he did not project any sense of urgency to correct this issue. We were promised within three weeks of closing our fireplace hearth would be corrected. It is now three months later and the best I can hope for from Savvy homes is a meeting in a month if I'm willing to use another day of vacation. This is unacceptable. I don't pay for partially completed jobs. I want my money refunded for the fireplace so I can find a contractor who will get the job completed correctly.

I'm tired of chasing Savvy homes to complete the job correctly. I want my money refunded for the fireplace.

Business Response /* ****** ** *********** */
Savvy Homes has made numerous efforts to reach out to this customer since the inception of this claim. Unfortunately the customers' hours of availability are limited when compared to our hours of operations. In reviewing this BBB claim is appears that the customer is accusing Savvy of not having "urgency" to resolve this matter. Savvy Homes has attempted to reach out to them even during the weekend or evenings in an attempt to arrange a meeting or conference call to discuss this issue, agree to a solution, and implement a plan of action. Efforts to schedule a pre-planned meeting time have been left unanswered by the customer. Savvy Homes is committed to continuing lines of communication and finding a mutual resolution to this issue.

Consumer Response /* ****** ** *********** */
Savvy homes response to this claim is not an accurate assessment of the situation. They have only become more responsive since the filing of this complaint. We tried to be diligent all summer to get the work completed. Savvy took an average of three weeks to respond to our request over the summer period while my wife was available to meet them during their normal business hours. Each contact by Savvy resulted in no work being completed and more delay. My wife has since returned to work and is now less available. The last coordinated effort to correct the work, I took a day of vacation to meet a Savvy rep to complete the work. Savvy did not provide the correct material or enough of the incorrect material for their representative to complete the work, this no work was done, and I wasted a day of vacation. We have responded every time a Savvy representative has contacted us, but we can no longer miss work for Savvy homes. They need to be more flexible with their time now.
We will continue to try and coordinate with Savvy homes to complete the job, but they need to put more effort into completing the job correctly without costing us more missed work.

Final Business Response /* ****** ** *********** */
The homeowner has selected the stone and agreed to an installation appointment for October 12th to have this completed.

10/01/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Multiple construction deficiencies not adequately repaired under warranty.
We have multiple deficiencies that were never properly repaired or attempted to be repaired under warranty, to include: melted siding, warped cabinets, improperly installed roof shingles, improperly graded land, and poor HVAC performance. All of these issues were documented by a licensed home inspector and the report was delivered to the warranty tech. When we inquired about why several issues were never fixed or inadequately repaired, we were referred to a warranty company that refused to fix anything due to the complaint being after one year of closing. All of these things were agreed upon to be fixed by Savvy;however, they have refused to make a legitimate attempt at repair.

Properly repair all agreed upon issues highlighted in our home inspection completed in march of 2013.

Business Response /* ****** ** *********** */
The customer closed this home on April 10, 2013. With the purchase of their home they received a one year limited warranty on the installations within their home. In connection with the purchase of the home, the customer also received a 10-year Limited Warranty Agreement issued by Quality Builders Warranty Corporation. The agreement included a very specific Complaint Resolution Mechanism, which the homeowner agreed to utilize by accepting the sales contract. If the customer believes that there are item(s) subject to the warranty, which have not been corrected, then they can contact Quality Builders Warranty Corporation and seek recourse under the Dispute Resolution Provisions contained in the Limited Warranty Agreement. We have provided this customer the appropriate information to initiate their claim and Quality Builders Corporation has also attempted to contact this customer to discuss the process.
Summary responses are as follows:
Siding is not covered by the home warranty but was already replaced once as a courtesy.
Cabinet company attempted to contact this homeowner.
Roof shingles were addressed by the original installer.
The land grading issue was addressed and the customer is now asking that we adjust drainage on the property to the rear of this home which is not owned by Savvy Homes.
The thermostat was replaced by an unknown third party after the home closed. Savvy Representatives have already explained to this customer that after the Air Conditioning system original installation has been modified by an unknown entity the warranty was voided.
Due to the age of this home and the nature of their complaints Savvy Homes has already referred them to the Quality Builders Corporation for investigation and resolution. Quality Builders Warranty Corporation denied their first claim because they submitted it outside of the designated 30 day window from the expiration of the original one year warranty. The customer sent them another letter around May 4, 2015 and QBW responded by offering him the option of initiating an arbitration if he would like to pursue this further. Attached are some of the letters/communications sent to the customer by Quality Builders Warranty Corporation in regards to this matter along with his warranty agreement.

Consumer Response /* ****** ** *********** */
If everything you're saying is true, you should have no issues providing copies of the work orders we signed stating the issues were adequately completed...
We were told the siding issue was covered under warranty by your warranty technicians, hence why you replaced one of our neighbors windows. When you sent someone to replace the siding, he replaced a small percentage of what was damaged, and what he did replace has since melted again. Outside of the mold risk and potential fire risk, why would you be satisfied with your finished product appearing the way it does?

The cabinet company never attempted to contact us, that's why this is still part of my complaint.

The roof shingles were not addressed.

The land grading issue was never addressed. The letter I received from Cumberland County states you were at fault for the erosion in our back yard caused by improper drainage.

The thermostat issue was resolved by the HVAC company and our warranty is still in effect. The issue remains that we have not been able to heat or cool both floors of our home at the same time since we moved in. This problem was stated in the home inspection reports you were provided.

I would like to avoid paying a 3rd party person $1000 of my hard earned money to have you fix things YOU AGREED TO FIX! It's absolutely ridiculous. All of these issues are well documented in our home inspections we had done when we closed and before our 10 month warranty.

Final Business Response /* ****** ** *********** */
Savvy Homes, LLC., attempts to satisfy all homeowners but the issues which are the subject of Mr. ******'s complaint are well beyond the applicable warranty period. I have reviewed Mr. ******'s latest submission and Savvy Homes, LLC., is of the opinion that all warranty and repair obligations have been met and that Mr. ****** continues to maintain an unrealistic and argumentative position.

As I indicated previously, in connection with the purchase of the home, Mr. ****** accepted a 10-year Limited Warranty Agreement issued by Quality Builders Warranty Corporation. The warranty provided has a very specific Complaint Resolution Mechanism, which Mr. ****** agreed to utilize. Mr. ****** did reach out to QBW who advised him that the issues are well beyond the applicable warranty period. Mr. ****** was further advised that if he disagreed with that assessment, his next step would be to proceed with arbitration under the terms of the complaint and claims procedure of the Limited Warranty Agreement. Mr. ****** has not proceeded with arbitration to resolve the dispute.

Mr. ****** was advised that he has recourse under the Dispute Resolution Provisions contained in the Limited Warranty Agreement with which he has not proceeded to utilize which would finally resolve his dispute. He is attempting to engage BBB rather than follow the guidelines of the agreement he accepted with his home purchase. Furthermore it is our opinion that there are several discrepancies in the original information presented by this homeowner regarding his claims that it would be beneficial for a thorough arbitration to go into effect. Attached is the verbiage contained in our recent email communication to Mr. ****** regarding his claim.

Final Consumer Response /* ****** *** *********** */
There is a big difference between addressing an issue, and solving an issue. Every issue with our property has been well documented. I figured you would honor your agreement to actually fix the issues with my home that you agreed to fix. Someone climbing on my roof for 5 minutes then disappearing is not fixing improperly installed roof shingles. Having someone replace a few pieces of siding isn't fixing anything when the entire side of my home is warped. Instead of solving issues, you delay and frustrate your customers. I will shell out the $1000 for the arbitration, and take it from there.

09/15/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

We purchased our home in May of 2014. When we began talking to our neighbors, we learned that our side fence (which is attached to our neighbor's fence) is on their property. Then Savvy sold the home behind us and built that fence on our property. Further, according to our HOA- our fence does not meet the neighborhood's minumum standard. According to our documents, it should, 'maintain the standard of the neighborhood.' Looking around our neighborhood, it is very clear that our fence does not maintain this standard.
Every time we complained about this, they told us to wait just a couple more weeks. Finally, they sent someone over who told us that was just how fences were built, and implied we should not get our hopes up. The last time this matter was brought up, the rep showed us where they had cut the neighbor's fence off of ours- so it was not touching our property anymore (although it was still enclosing our property, as I pointed out). All in all, this issue has gone on for at least a year.

The other issues that we have had relate to the 'home owner's warranty' that they provide. Our home has been missing a drawer for most of the time we have lived here. This is due to the facing coming off in my hand during routine use. There is also a piece of trim that fell off the top of the cabinet, which is waiting to be put back up.
There are several faucets in our house that have become so loose they feel as if they could fall off.
There are a big mass of loose wires in one of our closets that need to be covered.
There are also holes in our banister that have yet to be filled (they were just painted over when we mover in).
The banister was cracked when we moved in; Savvy got us a new one, but the work on it has never been compleate. It remains unvarnished and the spindles have stain all over them from the contractor who came to finish them. The spindles themselves are not flush with the trim on the bottom of the upstairs area.
The trim used on the stairs (under the spindles) is cheap MDF and has been breaking down since we moved in. In fact all of the trim in the house is MDF- and has been gouged several times, revealing its cardboard-like look.
There are serveral cracks in our drywall, as well as nail pops and trim that is seperating.
There is also a long crack in the floor of our closet, through the grout.
Our granite counter tops were not sealed well and have gotten several stains.
The windows in our home (several) upstairs and downstairs, do not lock properly. When this was brought up, the Savvy rep told me that 'there is a vaacum mechanism, which requires you to slam the windows, in order for them to close properly.' Must be some technology that only Savvy is aware of.
I have not been able to lock all of my windows in more than a year.

Our fence needs to be moved, our neighbor's fence needs to be moved. Our fence also needs to be brought up to the stardard of the neighborhood.

Our cabnets should be fixed. Of the seven drawers that we have, 2 have broken in under a year of normal use. At a minimum, the drawer that is missing should be fixed and returned. It seems resonable to expect drawes that would last more than 5 years. I would like them all replaced. They are not wood- which is why they continue to break.
I would like our faucets tightened.
I would like the loose wires in the closet covered and the crack in the grout fixed.

I would like all of the painting, varnishing and filling of holes and cracks on the stairs to be finished. I do not feel like it is unresonable to ask for new trim for the bottom of the staircase, to replace the MDF curently there.

The cracks and nail pops should also be fixed.
I would like our counter top sealed properly.

I would the windows fixed. If, in fact, there is some vaccum seal technology that Savvy has, I would appreciate them replaceing the windows, as I am unable to close them tight enough to lock them.

I would love all of this done in a timely manner.

Business Response /* ****** ** *********** */
We have received this claim and have initiated contact with this homeowner to review their concerns.

Consumer Response /* ****** ** *********** */
The company has made contact and so far no work has been done.

Final Business Response /* ****** *** *********** */
When the customer purchased their home on April 16, 2014, they included in their purchase agreement a provision asking the builder to install fencing, "6' high privacy fence, dog-eared top, 183 feet to tie into the fence on lot 31 (which is to the west) and then enclose backyard and east side yard including one gate."

The customer was satisfied and closed on the house May 19, 2014.

In late August, shortly after the backyard neighbor, the adjacent neighbor, closed on their home on August 28, 2014, the customer contacted our office and voiced objections that the adjacent neighbor attached to thier fence. The fence was overhanging over her property line on the southeast corner of her yard. She continued that the adjacent neighbor needed to build their own fence, parallel to hers, so that the adjacent neighbors children cannot look into her back yard. The customer was emphatic that the adjacent neighbors' fence could not touch her fence. When our representative pointed out that she was, in fact, attached to and sharing the neighbors fence to the west, she replied, "That's different, they said it was, OK."

It is common practice to share fence lines rather than install parallel fences because of the unsightly weed and vegetation growths that occur between the two fences. This results because of the difficulty in accessing the very limited space with a mower.

The fence installer was specific with the placement of the customer's fence because there is a drainage swale running along the south and east borders of their yard. The posts for the fence were placed outside of the swale so as to not inhibit drainage. This moved the southeast corner approximately three feet back from the true corner of the property; thus created the overhanging fence issue.

To remedy the situation, we disconnected the adjacent neighbors fence from the customers' fence. We have offered to move a portion of the fence backward for aesthetic purposes but the customer has declined that offer.

Savvy Homes is diligently working with the customer to address their list of concerns. A representative met with them on 9/9/2015 to review any outstanding items and arrange warrantable repairs. Savvy Homes will abide by the original warranty agreement that was provided to this customer with their original sales contract.

07/31/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

As a whole the entire process has been very frustrating. Initially the issue was the turnaround time for anything to begin, and a lack of updates, and then the missing builder deposit check. Also, several things during the process have been misrepresented, and then when those things were questioned they got totally different answers from ******* (savvy realtor) and ****** (design center).We were initially told by ******* that the grilling patios were a standard feature. Months later we were told by ****** that is not and never was the case, and that adding a third car garage would completely eliminate the possibility of even adding that feature because of the footprint size. When I asked ******* if other features that were promised as standard could be eliminated you said yes, they could change at any time. ****** said absolutely not....I am sure you can see where this has caused concern and confusion for the buyers.

I would like my 2,000 deposit refunded.

Dear BBB and others of Concern,

The Agreement between Mr. and Mrs. ***** and Savvy Homes is very specific regarding most of the items mentioned by Mrs. *****. We will address them in the order that she brings them up in her complaint. It is important to understand that this transaction is governed by a Real Estate Contract and Purchase Agreement and that the buyers, Mr. and Mrs. ***** were represented by a buyer's agent, **** ****** of the ****** ******** ******** I have copied the rest of the complaint below, you will see Savvy Homes response after the appropriate item and :

CONSUMER'S STATEMENT: "After evading questions and lack of customer care we are terminating out contract and want our deposit back.
As a whole the entire process has been very frustrating. Initially the issue was the turnaround time for anything to begin, and a lack of updates, and then the missing builder deposit check."
SAVVY HOMES RESPONSE: Savvy Homes was never informed of a lack of communication, and while the builder deposit was "missing" for a short period of time, it was never lost: it was in fact in the Broker's file. It was later returned to the buyer because it was not from their personal funds, and replaced by the buyer in order to be acceptable as a deposit by the mortgage company. Neither of these items is grounds for termination of the Real estate agreement.
CONSUMER'S STATEMENT: "Also, several things during the process have been misrepresented, and then when those things were questioned they got totally different answers from ******* (savvy realtor) and ****** (design center).We were initially told by ******* that the grilling patios were a standard feature. Months later we were told by ****** that is not and never was the case, and that adding a third car garage would completely eliminate the possibility of even adding that feature because of the footprint size. When I asked ******* if other features that were promised as standard could be eliminated you said yes, they could change at any time. ****** said absolutely not....I am sure you can see where this has caused concern and confusion for the buyers."
SAVVY HOMES RESPONSE: The signed agreement between buyer and seller includes a list of included features of the home as well as a document referred to as the Purchase Agreement/exhibit B Summary of Changes to Purchase Agreement. Nowhere does the agreement, cut-sheet/plans, included features to which the home would be built or the Exhibit B document mention a Grilling Patio. While it may have been discussed it was never made part of the agreement. The agreement also is very specific in Paragraph 50, Entire Agreement and 51 Broker Disclaimer that there are no additional agreements of any sort between the Buyer and any Broker or other person that are not in writing, signed by Buyer and Seller and made part of this agreement. The only confusion here is that if the buyer had wanted this option it would have needed to be purchased and added to the agreement, it was not and therefore is not part of the agreement and thus not a reason for termination of the agreement.
CONSUMER'S STATEMENT: "Also, nothing was ever mentioned about the trailer behind the house on the lot. If it was we would have found a new lot. The individual behind those 300,000 homes is a felon and not an upstanding citizen. I realize this is not Savvys lot, but in the spirit of full disclosure during lot selection I am surprised it was not mentioned. We were offered another lot but nothing was comparable in our minds to the lot we had. Plus, having a felon down the road doesn't sound safe!"
SAVVY HOMES RESPONSE: It would be against NC Real Estate law for Savvy Homes or their Agents to mention anything about surrounding properties or people to prospective buyers. It should be noted here that obviously, the buyer's agent also did not mention anything of this nature to the buyer. The buyer and buyer's agent should have thoroughly reviewed the property and its surroundings prior to signing the purchase agreement as part of their personal Due Diligence. Savvy Homes has been informed by the listing agent that in fact the buyer did walk the lot. Nothing about the surrounding area had been altered or facts changed from before the buyer purchased to the time that they decided to cancel. The reasons given by Ms. ***** are not justification for termination per the agreement, without loss of earnest monies.
CONSUMER'S STATEMENT: "We asked for the corporate office number and email FOUR times. Every time we ask, we get an email response completely disregarding the fact that we asked for a name, number and email to voice the our concerns.
Now ****** says SAVVY Homes are continuing to build the house as we ordered and won't give us our 2,000 back but ******* has said they are taking away some of the features to save money and according to ******* the homes are going so quick it shouldn't be a problem to get back the money."
SAVVY HOMES RESPONSE: The home construction was started on June 15th 2015. The fact that Savvy Homes is continuing to build the home that the customer contracted for is irrelevant in the discussion of whether the buyer should or should not get their money returned. Savvy Homes has spent countless hours in preparation of commencing the build of this home and has no guarantee of a buyer to close on this home without additional marketing, concessions and costs. Since the buyer is cancelling their agreement without just cause, they are not entitled to the return of their earnest monies. Should the buyer like to dispute this, paragraph 45 of the agreement provides for Binding Arbitration.
CONSUMER'S STATEMENT: Desired Resolution : "I would like my 2,000 deposit refunded."

SAVVY HOMES RESPONSE: It should be noted that Savvy Homes tried on several occasions after receiving the request for cancellation and this BBB claim to sit down with the buyer in a face to face meeting to further discuss amicable resolution, but the buyer refused to do so. The buyer sent a termination agreement to Savvy Homes waiving rights to earnest monies on June 26th, 2015. See Termination Agreement Attached.

Consumer Response /* ****** ** *********** */
I believe the deposit check is suppose to be deposited within 3 business days, not 5 weeks. How come ****** didn't know where it was and sent us on a goose hunt to find it? The funds were from our account just a different one than we had planned to use. And the reason SAVVY homes never heard about our issues is because ****** would never get us a contact number. The lack of communication started with ****** who would never follow through. ****** the sales representative has a lot of 'talk' and false promises like a true salesperson. She gave us her word about the grilling pad, it was our fault not to check the contract but she promised us one and said SAVVY had just not built them yet. She has multiple family members working for the company and even builds homes on the side, a slight conflict of interest. Due to brush and trees we were unable to see the trailer until the lot was completely cleared. When SAVVY homes finally cared to call us back, after weeks of asking for information we gave them a date we could meet however SAVVY was unable to. As a couple we work opposite shifts and have very limited time to come up to meet in person Monday through Friday.

Final Business Response /* ****** ** *********** */
Savvy Homes has responded to each of the consumers complaints individually, please see below for each item to be addressed:

Consumer Complaint: I believe the deposit check is supposed to be deposited within 3 business days, not 5 weeks. How come Brandi didn't know where it was and sent us on a goose hunt to find it? The funds were from our account just a different one than we had planned to use.
Savvy Homes Response: While concerning, this is somewhat irrelevant to the situation, in that: this is an issue to be taken up with Manning Realty, they are the brokerage that Brandie works for and are responsible for the funds until they are deposited. Since they were not a Builder Deposit that would have been directly deposited with Savvy Homes, it would be the responsibility of the Brokerage firm and the Attorney. In the end the monies were found and the situation was resolved. This was not a valid reason for termination.
Consumer Complaint: And the reason SAVVY homes never heard about our issues is because ****** would never get us a contact number. The lack of communication started with ****** who would never follow through.
Savvy Homes Response: Until the buyer made the decision to terminate Savvy was never informed of the buyers concerns. Savvy Homes Contact information, address and phone can be found on the website in several places. Prospective buyers and customers also would have access to on-line chat, e-mail and contact us forms within the website in order to contact Savvy Homes directly. None of these means were used even though they are available 24/7.
Consumer Complaint: ****** the sales representative has a lot of 'talk' and false promises like a true salesperson. She gave us her word about the grilling pad, it was our fault not to check the contract but she promised us one and said SAVVY had just not built them yet.
Savvy Homes Response: This complaint is with the sales agent, while Savvy Homes regrets this, as mentioned before, it was not in the plans and specs and scope of the written agreement. This is not a valid reason for termination, specifically since it was not in the agreement and Savvy Homes was not made aware of the this until the contract was being terminated.
Consumer Complaint: She has multiple family members working for the company and even builds homes on the side, a slight conflict of interest.
Savvy Homes Response: This is not a valid reason for the buyer to terminate the agreement, Savvy Homes listing agreement is with Manning Realty and if Savvy Homes had a concern with this arrangement it would be Savvy Homes responsibility to resolve their concerns with Manning Realty and the individual agent.
Consumer Complaint: Due to brush and trees we were unable to see the trailer until the lot was completely cleared. When SAVVY homes finally cared to call us back, after weeks of asking for information we gave them a date we could meet however SAVVY was unable to. As a couple we work opposite shifts and have very limited time to come up to meet in person Monday through Friday.
Savvy Homes Response: Savvy Homes was in the process of trying to find a mutually agreeable time and meeting arrangement when they were informed by the buyer's broker that they were of the belief that they were not going to be able to come to an agreement and that they wanted to terminate immediately and understood that they would be giving up their earnest monies to do so. Savvy Homes accommodated the request.

Consumer Complaint: I have a coworker with a similar situation with SAVVY homes who will also be sharing. I will gladly post a picture of the rusted trailer in the backyard of the home if someone would like to see it and inform the new neighbors of the resident behind the home. We were constantly told, 'the homes are selling so fast, sorry we are behind.' If the homes are selling so fast and the house we were going to build is going to be sold anytime I don't see why we can't have our deposit back.
Savvy Homes Response: When a customer has a dispute with a company, typically they attempt to work through to an agreeable solution. Savvy Homes and the buyer agree up front in the initial written contract, that if there is a dispute that cannot be settled through other means, both parties agree to Binding Arbitration(Paragraph 45. Binding Arbitration of the buyers purchase agreement - as previously submitted in the Savvy Homes original rebuttal).
Savvy Homes was never given a true opportunity to respond to the buyers concerns and no Binding Arbitration was ever initiated. The buyer has terminated their purchase agreement. They are in their right to do so. They have signed a termination foregoing their earnest monies. The buyer does not understand nor care about the economics of selling a home. While it may seem like there will be no loss to Savvy Homes, there will very likely be a loss that is, at this time undeterminable. That cost may be interest monies, additional marketing expenses, buyer concessions or any number of other potential items unknown at this time. This is the reason that when someone terminates their agreement without cause they forfeit their Earnest Monies in order to do so. I am sure that the buyer's agent explained all of this, as it is the buyers agents' responsibility to the client to do so, before they terminated.

Home Builders, Real Estate Developers, Contractor - Remodel & Repair, General Contractors