Are You the Business Owner of Best Window & Door?
If yes, click here to login.
BBB Accredited Business since
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company offers the manufacturing of windows & doors.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Best Window & Door meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Best Window & Door include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
- Response to 4 complaint(s) filed against business.
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
- BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||3|
|Total Closed Complaints||4|
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding
or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain
any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Pennsylvania Attorney General List of Registered Contractors
16th Floor, Strawberry Square, Harrisburg PA 17120
Phone Number: (888) 520-6680
Fax Number: 717-787-8242
Business ManagementMr. Barry Ritko Jr., Vice President Mr. BJ Ritko Sr., President Ms. Tammy Burnheimer, Controller
WINDOWS GUTTERS & DOWNSPOUTS AWNINGS & CANOPIES DOORS GLASS-BLOCK STORM WINDOWS & DOORS
Industry TipsCondensation on Windows Home Improvements - Windows Pennsylvania Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act
What is a BBB Business Review?
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Additional Phone Numbers
- (800) 292-5594(Phone)
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
|Customer Review Experience||Value|
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: I saw this company's TV ad that said that if you call by a certain day they will sell you doors and windows "bogo," (buy one get one free). They would also come to my house and do a home inspection free just for calling, $350 value. I called them, I was needing a new front and back door. We set up an appointment for them to come out. Their salesman came out and ask what I was looking for? No inspection what-so-ever. We looked through his computer at what they had, and I picked out a front door. When we started looking for my free back door, he told me that I would have to pay additional for the installation of the back door. The price of the front door was to be $1,883 installed. I said how about a storm door for the front, they are cheaper and they was going to have to remove and re-install the old one anyway when they installed the new main front door. He stated that their storm doors was high priced and that I could get one much cheaper at a local home improvement store. I ask if my current storm doors, front and back could be repaired? He inspected them both and said they could fix them both. We agreed that they would install a new front door and repair my current storm doors (front and rear) in exchange for the free back door for the $1883 price. When their guy came to take measurements for the new front door he stated that they could not do the repairs to the storm doors and that he would call the salesman so we could discuss other options. I called the salesman later that evening, he had not yet talked with the measurement guy, but would call me the next day. He did not call the next day. The following day I called their office to cancel my order and request return of my $600 deposit. This company's BOGO is BOGUS.
Desired Settlement: I want my $600 deposit back and for this company to stop their false and deceiving advertising.
I have received and reviewed the complaint filed by Mr. *** ****** (**** *** *** *** ****** ** *****). After investigation into the matter, I offer the following response.
1. Mr. ****** was visited by our Factory Representative on
2. When our associate arrived, he acknowledges that he asked Mr. ****** "What are you looking to do today" and Mr. ****** lead him to his Entry Doors for replacement where the conversation began. Mr. ****** DID NOT state to our Associate that he would like to have the free home inspection done. Our Associate stated that he did not conduct the "Free In-Home Analysis" as he felt that Mr. ****** only was focused on his Entry Door replacement and Mr. ****** never mentioned it to him.
3. The Associate did create various door designs for Mr. ****** of which he decided on the 400 style design (see attached). The full price with installation WITHOUT TRAVEL CHARGES should have been $2650.35.
5. Mr. ****** then expressed interest in possibly reducing the price of the project by just replacing the front door with a Storm Door. Our Associate was CORRECT and CARING in being honest with Mr. ****** that he could "acquire a Storm Door" much "Cheaper" from a home improvement center as our doors are "expensive" and can run up to "$1000.00 based on designs and styles".
6. The Factory Associated DID acknowledge that he looked at the existing Storm Door and believed that Best Window could provide repair service to it.
7. The contract was signed and agreed to for
8. Via the TERMS OF
9. Upon measurement by our Technician, it was determined that Best Window DID NOT have the ability to repair the existing Storm Door as we do not carry the appropriate parts to do so correctly.
10. Mr. ****** NEVER contacted our office to explain that he
did not reach our Associate and that he had any questions or was dissatisfied.
11. Mr. ****** contacted our office on
12. Mr. ****** was mailed his deposit back in the amount of $600 on
The purpose of Mr. *******s BBB Complaint is not justified and is inappropriate.
1. Mr. ****** did not qualify for the BOGO
2. Mr. ****** was still awarded $1000.00 in savings by our Associate for his order.
3. Mr. ****** never asked to have the Energy Analysis conducted when our Associate was there.
4. Mr. ****** never contacted our Office stating ANY dissatisfaction nor requesting any explanations on pricing nor informed us that he desired the Free In-Home Analysis or that is "was not done."
We would have gladly sent an Associate back to him to conduct one had we known.
5. Mr. ****** CANCELLED his order PAST the cancellation period. Best DID NOT have to honor this request but did so.
6. Our Factory Associate only meant to help Mr. ****** by attempting to repair a broken door that is NOT of Best Window make.
7. Best Window DID NOT ignore the attempts to repair the door. We tried to during the measurement process but found that we did not have the parts to do so......................
8. Best Window NEVER neglected Mr. ****** nor mistreated him nor overpriced or mislead him.
9. Our BUY-
10. Mr. ******'s deposit was returned.
In summary, Best Window & Door Company is confused as to where Mr. ****** was misled, mistreated, or taken advantage of during the sales process. In addition, Mr. ****** never contacted our Office directly to relay that he did not hear back from our Associate. And the delay in response from our Associate was only one day. It was not as if our Associate took weeks to respond. Mr. ****** only gave our Associate a day to respond and then apparently cancelled.
In addition, Mr. ****** never gave Best Window & Door Company ANY^ information that would indicate he was unhappy. How can we respond if we do not know he is unhappy?
Best Window & Door Company considers this matter closed. Mr. ****** has received his deposit back and we have honored a cancellation well past its approved period. Best Window & Door Company would gladly apologize to Mr. ****** for any wrong doings. But, Best Window & Door Company is very confused as to what it actually "did" that was "wrong"?
And, the BOGO
BBB's Final Determination: Business offered a resolution. Consumer did not pursue further with BBB and the matter was assumed to be resolved
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: The end of October 2013 we hired Best Window & Door Co. of Johnstown PA to install 10 windows and 1 big living room window. The cost came to $5810.00. We got the "**** **** SERIES. "When I came home from work and saw the new kitchen windows I told them immediately that I hated them. I asked them to put my old windows back in. The framing around the windows is ugly, the windows are more vinyl than window as compared to my old windows. Now that the weather is warmer I cannot even reach the top latch to unlock the windows to open the kitchen windows. I hate the kitchen windows. We believe that we were mislead. Best Windows salesmen promised us 2 things that were incorrect. He told us that all the new windows would NOT sweat, but they actually caused puddles of water on the wood window sills damaging the wood sill in the living room. He also told us that ALL of the J Channel would be replaced around ALL the windows, but installers only replaced three sides and not the bottoms, leaving them on and they are old and wavy. Also the installers replaced seven windows but when they got to the kitchen they did not remove all of the old window but installed new windows inside of the old frames. The installers told us that they could have installed a full size window but that the guy that measured sent the smaller window. If we had known that they were going to change their method when they got to the kitchen we would have said "Forget it, do not do the kitchen." They replaced the WHOLE window on the first seven, what was the big deal about "replacement" style windows when they got to the kitchen. The first seven were also replacement style windows. We paid $2000.00 on September 14, 2012 and we paid $3000.00 on 10/12/12. I called and wrote to Best Windows about the issues and said I would pay the rest of the bill when I'm satisfied with the service. They told me if I did not pay the balance that they would eliminate the warranty on my new windows. We have pictures if needed.
Desired Settlement: We want Best Windows to refund $1575.00 for the two kitchen windows and damage to the living room window sill and we want the J Channel job completed.
I have received and reviewed the complaint filed by Mr. & Mrs. *** ******* (*** ******* ******* ******** **). After investigation into the matter, I offer the following response.
BBB's Final Determination: After reviewing the position of all parties, BBB determined that the business made a reasonable offer to resolve the complaint. However the consumer did not accept the offer.
|5/23/2012||Problems with Product/Service|
|10/17/2011||Problems with Product/Service|