This business is not BBB accredited.
P.O. Box 52030, Phoenix, AZ 85072 View Additional Web Addresses ! There is an alert on Xerox State & Local Solutions, Inc. !
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that affect the rating for Xerox State & Local Solutions, Inc. include:
- 17 complaint(s) filed against business
- Failure to respond to 6 complaint(s) filed against business
- 1 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
- Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||1|
|Total Closed Complaints||17|
Additional Complaint Information
BBB files indicate this business has a pattern of complaints concerning billing or collection issues. Complainants allege Xerox State & Local Solutions, Inc. fails to verify information before attempting to collect a debt or report a debt to credit reporting agencies.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||1|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Business ManagementMr. Lee Goldblatt, President Mr. James Haddow, Member
Alternate Business NamesACS ACS Government Solutions ACS State & Local Solutions, Inc Affiliated Computer Services ldc collection systems LDC Collection Systems
BBB has received information Xerox State & Local Solutions, Inc. may not verify information before attempting to collect a debt or report a debt to credit reporting agencies. BBB contacted Xerox State & Local Solutions, Inc. to inquire about business practices. The business did not respond to BBB.
According to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), failing to verify information before attempting to collect a debt or report a debt to credit reporting agencies is illegal under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act:
“(a) Notice of debt; contents
Within five days after the initial communication with a consumer in connection with the collection of any debt, a debt collector shall, unless the following information is contained in the initial communication or the consumer has paid the debt, send the consumer a written notice containing --
(1) the amount of the debt;
(2) the name of the creditor to whom the debt is owed;
(3) a statement that unless the consumer, within thirty days after receipt of the notice, disputes the validity of the debt, or any portion thereof, the debt will be assumed to be valid by the debt collector;
(4) a statement that if the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, the debt collector will obtain verification of the debt or a copy of a judgment against the consumer and a copy of such verification or judgment will be mailed to the consumer by the debt collector; and
(5) a statement that, upon the consumer's written request within the thirty-day period, the debt collector will provide the consumer with the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.
(b) Disputed debts
If the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period described in subsection (a) of this section that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, or that the consumer requests the name and address of the original creditor, the debt collector shall cease collection of the debt, or any disputed portion thereof, until the debt collector obtains verification of the debt or a copy of a judgment, or the name and address of the original creditor, and a copy of such verification or judgment, or name and address of the original creditor, is mailed to the consumer by the debt collector. Collection activities and communications that do not otherwise violate this subchapter may continue during the 30-day period referred to in subsection (a) unless the consumer has notified the debt collector in writing that the debt, or any portion of the debt, is disputed or that the consumer requests the name and address of the original creditor. Any collection activities and communication during the 30-day period may not overshadow or be inconsistent with the disclosure of the consumer’s right to dispute the debt or request the name and address of the original creditor.”
Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Summary
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview