BBB Accredited Business since 08/07/2010

Moving On Express Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

01/09/2014Problems with Product / Service
03/25/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Goods placed in storage were delivered with significant water damage.Insurance was paid for and it has been 4 months without claim resolution.
My goods were packed, moved and placed in storage with Moving on Express in Dec 2009. When they were delivered in November 2014 to my new place in ************ there was significant water damage on several of the boxes and larger pieces of furniture. I immediately called Moving on Express and advised of the situation and was told to provide photos of the damage. I did that on November 18-20, 2014. They admitted in an email on November 13, 2014 that they had to repack boxes they were so damaged and that they would make restitution. Since then I have sent more than 15 emails, made countless phone calls and even made a trip back to ******** On from ******* to clear up the issue. They have not returned my calls and even when appointments were scheduled they did not answer the phone or call me as requested. They asked me to provide a list of damaged goods and costs to replace and I have obtained quotes where possible and sent to them to which I got virtually no reply. They made a random request for me to ship all my damaged paintings back to ******* with no detailed information provided. This week when I followed up again I received an email indicating that my case file was "difficult to resolve" and they would offer me less than half ($4000)the replacement amount "as things depreciate over time". This is not acceptable.

I would like the settlement per the list of damaged items I provided ($8753.86). If they would like an independent party to verify - I am more than happy for someone to come in and sift through the mouldy boxes and bags.

Hello my name is *************** and I have spoke to ********* and we have set a meeting for 10 am Friday .And are discussing a settlement..

will keep you posted on the out come. Meeting confirmed by phone and Email.

Regards;
***

We have discussed the issues and have a path forward on resolution of some items. There are still outstanding issues around some of the damages. Discussions are still ongoing.

Hello I apologies for not replying to the BBB But I have been dealing with ********* and we are working things out. We have agreed on a settlement of 2000 $ and she has received payment. Now we are working out issues with her framing damage pictures and also some year books that have been damage also. **********************************

From: **********************************************
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 11:50 AM
To: 'Moving on Express'
Cc: **********
Subject: working on your claim

Dear *** ;

So as we agreed today on March 06 2015 a settlement of $ 2,000.00 on the Linens, books, furniture, stationary and games .As per your art work we have discussed having it done at ******************* owner ******** as long has the first one is done as per your approval .I have called *** at told him to expect your call ************ and will move forward on the prints as the first one is completed.

As I mention to you that I will place more energy in finding a solution to the Reprinting cost and discuss more next week.

Been a pleasure chatting with you.
***************