BBB Accredited Business since 01/01/1994

Anchor Climate Care

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/04/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

As an introduction let me give you a brief history:
In June 2012, I changed my forced air furnace and my air conditioning with Anchor Climatecare in Orleans/Ottawa. It was stipulated on the contract that I had 16 years warranty and 2 years of free cleaning. After the 2 years, I find out that to preserve my 14 years left of warranty; I had to buy a plan. So for about 300 $ a year, I will be able to maintain my warranty. With that come an emergency services needed 24 hours a day. So I did accept to buy this extra plan. Finally after 14 years, I will have paid about 5000$ more than what the stipulated price on the initial contract. I have to say that they did a good installation job in 2012 and even though we had few arguments as everything was not well written on the contract, I have been satisfy with the end result. I was also satisfied with the 2 free cleaning sessions as the technicians were very knowledgeable.

The problem is as followed:
My plan covered the furnace and air conditioning unit. Two weeks ago, the air humidifier ********* did not work at all when I tried to start it. I called Anchor, and they told me that the y have to do a home visit at 149$ to assess the situation. Then they offered me to extend my plan for an extra 10$ a month (120$ a year) to cover humidifier. They argued that the unit is worth 500$; when you can find it at 129$ on **** as showed below and the best unit at ********** is about 249 $. I have a basic modal with a manual humidistat which is 25$ on **** or 20$ at ********** from *******. I think the extra coverage for this unit was too expensive.
Last week my electrician was coming to do some work and I ask him to look at this problem. Being able to do a lot of work myself at home I understood the problem well but I do not like to play with electrical component. He quickly identified the problem as being the humistat as being the problem.
I called ********* in the ***, the piece is under warranty for 5 years but they explain to me that have to go through Anchor to get the replacement part. I call Anchor at the end of the week to explain the situation, the totally refused to understand and insisted to send someone home at 149$ to change a piece of 25$. I offered to drive to their location and return to humistat (4 screws to remove) so they can test it and see that I am not lying, and give me the replacement piece; they totally refused.
****************************.Yes I can buy another humistat for 20 $ at ********** but it is not the same company brand or on **** but here it is the principle which is wrong. If the unit belong to me now and they do not want to do work on it, the warranty should also belong to me.
******************************
****
********* 600M Whole house bypass humidifier - NEW
$129.99
The *************** 600M takes humidifier innovation to the next level and performs as good as it looks! The ********* 600M is easier than ever to install because it includes a built-in bypass damper.
****
**NEW** *************** Humidistat
$25.00
Up for sale is this new **************************. The ************************t is designed for low voltage service to control humidification equipment.

I want Anchor Climatecare to respect my warranty on the product I bought from them. They can now deliver the piece new piece at home and my electrician can install it.
*************

Anchor would be more than happy to honour the warranty. We cannot claim warranty at our end for a part that we have not looked at, we have to have a paper trail and proof of diagnostic. We do always have to advise of a charge in every situation in the instance the issue is non-related. If the electricians diagnostic is correct and the part needs to be changed, this would be done under warranty and there would be no charge for the call or the part. Unfortunately we cannot supply parts and claim a warranty for them.
We can certainly book a service call and have the technician diagnose the problem and change part at your convenience.

06/12/2013Problems with Product / Service
03/15/2013Problems with Product / Service

Heating Contractors, Fireplaces, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Heating & Air Conditioning, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems