BBB Accredited Business since 01/04/2003

Ottawa Honda

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

02/12/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

vehicle undercoating, paint shield and fabric protection paid for but not delivered
I purchased a new 2014 ********* on June 20, 2014. In the purchase price was included an item specifying undercoating rust protection, as well as paint protection and interior fabric protection.

Prior to the coming winter season I had the vehicle examined to see what undercoating rust protection was applied. To my surprise there was no undercoating applied to the vehicle ****************** *** ********************* ***************************************************** I cannot tell if the body paint protection and the fabric protection were applied, although I suspect not, given that rustproofing was not applied and I did not smell the fabric protection as would be the case.
I have attempted contacting Ottawa Honda via email with no success.

I would like a refund of the $698 line item on the vehicle purchase agreement for rust, paint protection and interior

HI, I spoke to ********** about this matter, we concluded the conversation and was satisfied with the explenation, and is waiting for you to contact him, this way to make sure that this file is closed *********************
*********************************************************
*************/Sales Manager

10/29/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Ottawa Honda sold me a ************ rustproofing warranty which is essentially worthless and provided unhelpful advice on when to submit a claim.
Hello Folks:

Re ************ Warranty # *******

I had previously submitted a complaint about ************ to the ********************************** ****(see details in Case # *******)and am following up with a complaint against Ottawa Honda.

*** Warranty - I was disadvantaged in the purchase of the rustproofing service warranty because I did not have a full understanding of the terms and conditions ********************** (not being expert in automotive rust dynamics and protection practices). I placed my trust in ************************* of Ottawa Honda that I was buying a good product. I have found subsequently that the terms and conditions of the warranty make it virtually impossible to make a successful claim against the warranty. Knowing what I know now I would have never purchased the service and would not recommend it to anyone. I feel that I have been taken advantage of by **** Ottawa Honda and ************ in this transaction.

Unhelpful Claim Advice - About two years ago, I brought the car in to Ottawa Honda's **************** as recommended by the service staff, because the front edge of the hood of the car had rust bubbles on it. Honda's the Collision Centre manager indicated to me that the ************ warranty covers perforations from the inside out and, since my hood was not yet perforated, he indicated that a claim to ************ would be rejected. So I waited two years until the hood was perforated to submit a claim through Ottawa Honda. I was told in ************'s response to the claim that the damage was too far gone to determine whether the rust was caused from the inside out (not covered) or the outside in (covered).

Also, ************, stated that it "covers rust bubbling with undisturbed paint as the rust will have started on the interior side of the panel where the product was applied." They also indicated "Had a claim been submitted at the earliest opportunity 2 years ago with pictures showing that the damage had not originated as surface rust or from under a moulding, the customer's damage would have been covered." A case could be made that the rust originated from under the front hood moulding and so I would have been prevented by another condition in the warranty from making a successful claim. This , in my opinion, further illustrates that the warranty terms and conditions were designed to deflect virtually all reasonable claims and is worthless.

Furthermore, the **************** manager, who has worked for Ottawa Honda for a long time, informed me that his dealership has never had a successful rust warranty claim with ************ and that Ottawa Honda, to its credit, no longer does business with ************.

However, this is of no comfort to me. Due to this unfortunate situation, I am out about $700 for the purchase of a ********* rustproofing warranty as well as a replacement cost of $ 1,300 for the hood.

I wrote a letter to Mr.***********, President of Ottawa Honda complaining about this matter prior to submitting my complaint about ************ to the ******************** I did not get a reply to my letter.

I am currently pursuing various other public complaint channels including our local newspaper and the ***********************.

I will be pleased to respond to any questions you may have about this matter.

THANK YOU !!!

Not available

Contact Name and Title: **********************
Contact Email: ***********************
Unfortunatley we longer deal with ************ warranty,it's been approx. 5-6 years that we stopped doing business with them.Due to the fact that ************ does not want to help with the repairs,Ottawa Honda is willing to split the repairs 50/50 as a gesture of goodwill.

Ssincerely