Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington

05/31/2012Guarantee / Warranty Issues
02/28/2012Problems with Product / Service
03/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: I picked up my car on 9/3/2013 after paying $2920.98 for a transmission rebuild that was suppose to fix the problems i was having with my car. Since then i have taken my car back due to the fact it is shifting hard , and not down shifting right. On top of the fact im still having the same original problem i took my car in for. Both times i have been told it meets there specifications and to have a good day. I took my car to the AAMCO on hwy 99 on 10/14 to see what they said and they got a code read out from my car clearly stating im still having solenoid problems, as well as pointing out to me that i was charged for two torque converters when there is only one on my car. I then went back to the shop on 117th to talk to rick who tried to tell me that its because they modify all there torque converters. My service description clearly states i have been charged for two torque converters. They want me to leave my car there after all this and they clearly have shown the are not trust worthy and in no way am i comfortable leaving my vehicle there for the 3rd time. I have already been without my car for almost 2 weeks for the original work and in no way can i be victim to there running me around and keeping my car again.

our corporate representative is handling this , ********* at ************* he has left 4 messages for ******* at ext. *** and has not had a response back. this complaint should be against the aamco store in hazel dell , wa. they have been handling it with ***** , that is why we have not responded to it.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
My claim is only directed to the AAMCO on 117th in vancouver Washington. In no way is the AAMCO in Hazelldell involved with this complaint, or the legal action i will be taking as of the 30th of December 2013.

we would like to extend an olive branch to******, we want to apologize for your inconvienance and if you will bring your car into our shop on 117th ave we will diagnose whatever issue your car is having at no charge. we will also supply you with a rental car at no charge so you will not be without transportation while we are doing this. we hope you will accept our offer.

I want this claim to remain open until a resolution has been met. It is only fair for the next consumer to be able to see the type of dishonest practices this AAMCO has. Regardless of the small claims filling AAMCO has not tried to resolve the issue one bit, and there is nothing they can provide that will justify what they did.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

08/08/2014Problems with Product / Service