Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington

BBB Accredited Business since 06/27/2011

M&C Auto Body and Paint Corp

09/25/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: I took my vehicle in to this body shop to have a front lip splitter painted to match my vehicles color. I was given I quote of $150 and I proceeded to accept their service. The business proceeded to match my cars color with a booklet containing car paint colors. They told me we got it, your set and it may be done by Monday (I brought the part to be painted on Saturday), we will call you and inform you when it's done, I got in my car and drove away. By Wednesday I called them and asked if it was ready and they informed me it was done. That same evening I went and picked up the lip splitter, I paid the $150 and headed home.
The following day I was installing the lip and I realized it doesn't match my car color. I called them and asked why it didn't match and they told me my cars paint was just too old but they will ask the owner what he can do and call me back.
I had to call them the next day and I was told Monday they will call me back. On Monday I decided to call since I had not heard from them, all they said was my car paint was old and that's why it doesn't match but to bring it in and they will look at it. I went to the body shop and the man who sold me the service by the name of ****** kept telling me my cars paint was just old and then he proceeded to tell me my car has different color on the bumper, the hood, and the fenders therefore the lip came out a different color. The lip doesnt match any part of my vehicle color period. ****** told me i cant repaint the lip but I can "blend" the lip with the bumper (Meaning he will paint half my bumper the color of the lip) for free. I kept saying i dont want that color that doesnt match my car on the bumper and ****** said thats all I can do and walked away. later ****** sent his employee named **** to tell me he will repaint the lip splitter for the sum of $150. The man who painted my lip splitter came out and told me he thought he had the right color but unfortunately he didnt get it correct and that if the person who sold me the service (******) would have told me to leave my bumper or car there, the paint would be pretty close to matching. ****** only told me I was good to go, never to leave my vehicle there.
I proceeded to ask ****** about having my bumper "blended" since that was my only option at no charge, ****** then told me that will be $300. We were speaking in Spanish and I asked why hes not being man enough to honor his word. ****** insulted me, started screaming, and got in my face . I thought he was going to hit me so I asked him what he was going to do, he backed away but continued to scream at me. After a minute or two he told me nothing is free we painted your lip and the rest is your problem, pay to get it repainted if you want. ****** told **** to talk to me because he has real business to deal with and walked away leaving my with the option of paying $150 to have the lip splitter repainted or paying $300 to have the shop paint half my bumper a different color.

*** ******* ******** came to my business to have lower front lip spoiler that he purchased on his own that was damaged, we repaired, paint and color matched. An estimate was given and explained to *** ******** over the telephone. It was explained to him that his vehicle has 4 different shades of paint and that the paint had aged and has wear and tear. The hood, 2 fenders and bumper have all different colors; he was told that we would use the paint to match the bumper. *** ******** knowingly "AGREED" to the JOB. *** ******** returned to my shop displeased with the results when he knew it was not going to be perfect because of the new paint of the spoiler and old worn paint in the bumper so I recommended a paint blend. *** ******** didn't like the fact that I suggested a paint blend, a procedure that is extensive in paint and labor and that it would be an additional fee. He became upset and made a remark / insult about my customer service. I then proceeded to have my employee tell him about his options and as a compensation we performed a headlamp restoration job to his vehicle that costs $75. The restoration was done after he insulted me. We did all we could for *** ******** for the amount he wanted to spend.

Complaint Resolution: Company resolved the complaint issues, but not within the Bureau's timeframe. The Complainant did not acknowledged acceptance to BBB.

Auto Body Repair & Painting