Pregnancy Care Center of Grants Pass
The mission of Pregnancy Care Center of Grants Pass is to inspire and empower people, in the greater Josephine County, Oregon area, to embrace hope when making pregnancy and sexual health decisions.
Incorporated: 1988 in OR
Pregnancy Care Center of Grants Pass is an accredited medical clinic that offers hope, support and medical care to women making decisions about pregnancy through the following programs and services:
- Pregnancy Testing: Our free pregnancy testing may provide more accurate results than the home test you have already taken. If you have a positive pregnancy test at our center, our medical staff may schedule a free ultrasound appointment for you.
- Ultrasound Scans: If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, a limited OB ultrasound will tell you if your pregnancy is viable and how far along you are. This information may determine what options are available to you.
- Abortion Education: The medical staff at the Pregnancy Care Center will help you understand your options, discuss abortion methods and answer any medical questions you may have but will not perform the procedure.
- Care After Abortion: The Pregnancy Care Center offers support to women and men who have experienced a previous abortion. They provide an opportunity to receive help in a confidential, group setting, led by a woman or man who has also had an abortion experience. If you have any regrets about your decision, and would like to find hope in the midst of your struggles, there is help available.
- Abstinence Encouragement: Many teenagers are sexually active. With the alarming increase in the rates of sexually transmitted infections and diseases, the healthiest lifestyle choice is to remain abstinent outside of a committed relationship inside of marriage. The Pregnancy Care Center offers at no cost to our community programs that encourage abstinence including Epic and the Silver Ring Thing.
- Parenting Education: The Pregnancy Care Center offers educational opportunities that address pregnancy information and life skills as you prepare for parenthood, through one-on-one mentoring with a trained client advocate and group classes as available. It is our hope the baby’s father will be involved, and he is welcome at the Pregnancy Care Center.
- Epic: An interactive program providing critical-thinking and decision-making skills, guiding middle and high school students to make healthy choices about sex, relationships, and abstinence. Epic also informs students about how sexual decisions may impact their health by including an optional presentation on sexually transmitted diseases. This portion is presented by our licensed nursing staff, and all medically relevant information comes directly from the Centers for Disease Control. While addressing the potential risks of early sexual activity is important, our approach is equally focused on having an intentional life plan and encouraging students to make decisions about sex and relationships that equip them to lead an epic life.
The Pregnancy Care Center of Grants Pass refers patients to local physicians as needed; however, they do not provide birth control, abortion services or referrals. All services are provided free of charge.
An organization may change its practices at any time without notice. A copy of this report has been shared with the organization prior to publication. It is not intended to recommend or deprecate, and is furnished solely to assist you in exercising your own judgment. If the report is about a charity and states the charity meets or does not meet the Standards for Charity Accountability, it reflects the results of an evaluation of information and materials provided voluntarily by the charity. The name Better Business Bureau is a registered service mark of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
This report is not to be used for fund raising or promotional purposes.