Apex Energy Solutions

07/28/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Improper install of sliding glass window. Was promised action as soon as we made contact. 6 months later, all we have are a record of lip service.
We had 11 windows/door installed on near thanksgiving 2012 in our newly bought home.
In September of 2014 we discovered an install issue where a screw set for the foot lock was installed improperly causing the heavy door to no longer open properly. I pulled the door down and inspected it and found that they installed the door lock appx 2 inches too close to the roller assembly (according to alsides schematics) and drove the screws thru the roller assembly. I contacted JD (choosing not to directly name him in hopes we can resolve this) and he promptly responded. I sent him all my photos and he assured me that he will get it taken care of.

Long story short, it's been 9 months of calling/texting JD & his installer and calling a manufacturer for repairs. I've sent email after email and tried to be civil about it. The install was close to 9k dollars and all I ask is that a simple mistake be fixed and I'm just getting run around after run around.
There has been no progress on my end. Only lip service.

The appropriate solution would be for them to fix the obvious issue with the roller and replace the bottom sash of the threshold and door, as the foot lock will have to be moved to its approbation position. If not replaced, I will have considerable cosmetic damage due to an erroneous install.

Windows - Installation/Service, Windows - Vinyl, Windows, Windows & Doors - Installation & Service, Storm Windows & Doors, Home Improvements