BBB Accredited Business since 01/01/1959

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

05/27/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Paid 836.00 for repair. picked up same problem
returned to dealer.
Put my vehicle in shop on 3/4 for overheating.
Service dept. finally said repairs done on 3/12.
They had pressure checked and driven and said
come pick it up. Gave me a year warranty. I paid the $836.00 and drove it about 3-5 miles and it
overheated and I returned it to dealership. Now
they are just having me speak to another person
each time I call and so far no one has told me
when they will repair my van our only vehicle. My wife and I are on disablity. She is in wheelchair.
I had my sister ** ****** get involved since I had
to borrow money from her but she is not having any
better results in getting answers. She spoke to
******* (service tech) and ***** (Service Mgr.)

I want them to fix my vehicle promptly and
correctly. I need my van.

The customer's vehicle came in on a tow truck due to the fact that a heater hose was split and the vehicle was over heating. It took us an extended amount of time to be able to get to mr. **** vehicle do to obligations that we had already made to other customers. Once we were able to fit mr. **** in we called him to ask for more information. Mr. **** stated that he had preformed work on the cooling system himself. He had replaced the thermostat with one he had purchased from O'Reillys. When we looked over the vehicle to find what all was leaking we noticed that both bleeders had been damaged and replaced by an oversized bolt. ******* then called him to explain that we would have to replace the heater hose assembly, thermostat (due to the fact that the vehicle had been over heated) and also replace the bleeder and fix the hole for it. We would be unable to tell if there was any other issue until these were completed. He agreed to pay for the repair and asked about getting other issues fixed like the window regulator and the wipers fixed. We then called and told the price and he said that he only wanted to get the hose replaced, along with the new thermostat and the bleeder screws fixed. He told us to go no further with the repairs.

We replaced the parts that he requested and topped off with coolant and test drove. Customer picked up vehicle and drove it. It over heated on him. We explained to him that we would need to keep the vehicle and go more in depth on diagnosis. He agreed to leave it with us. His sister called me( ***** Service Manager) and I told her that I would have to get permission from him for her to be able to make any decisions on the vehicle. He called and gave me permission. I spoke to her and she told me that he was disabled along with his wife and if we could help them out. I explained to her that the head gaskets were the reason it had over heated on the customer's test drive. I told her that if we could get by with just head gaskets that the repair is normally $1800.00 and that we would perform the repair for $1200.00. I told her that I would give her this break due to the fact that both him and his wife were disabled and didn't have any money and they needed their vehicle back. His sister then mailed us a check for a total of $1000.00.

***** ******
Service Director
Eskridge Chevrolet

Rebuttal taken over the phone:
Three mistakes had been made on the purchase order that Mr. **** brought to the company's attention.
The warranty was not originally included.
They wanted to give him a 12 Month/12000 mile warranty, when the van already had 190,000 miles on it.
He was told he would be charged $834 for what he told the mechanic to fix, when the van overheated he was told he would need to pay another $1000. They then charged him $700 more. His sister brought checks for both amounts.

After paying for the repairs, Mr. **** noticed that his ABS light had come on. He brought it to the managers attention. They were unable to tell him why it was on, but said that it was on when he brought the van. Mr. **** says he knows that the light was not on when he brought it.
The mechanic offered to hook the van up to the computer to see why the light was on, but would have to charge Mr. **** $90 more.

Eskridge Chverolet will be happy to diagnose his car for the ABS light on, for free. We will not fix it for free. The ABS light is not part of the original repaired item. The 12 month 12000 mile warranty on the invoice is for the part that was installed, not the ABS light. Furthermore,Upon the initial inspection, the wipers did not work, the power window did not operate, and Mr. **** turnded down all of these recommended repairs. In reference to his claim of overcharging, please read initial response again. There were 2 repairs done, and both were explained to Mr. **** and his Sister. Thank you.

11/04/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Eskridge promised a $1000 rebate through ONG, but they have failed to honor the rebate.

Honor $1000 ONG rebate

Mr. ****** called about two weeks ago and spoke with our New Car Sales Manager, ****** ******** about the natural gas rebate from ONG. During this conversation ****** discovered that Mr. ****** did not send in the form to ONG within the 90 day window to receive the rebate. ****** then called ONG, sent a letter to ONG, and an email to try to help Mr. ****** to receive this rebate. Unfortunately, it is not up to us to determine how ONG issues these rebates. When Eskridge Honda sells a Civic CNG we follow the procedure described below with all of our customers. Mr. ****** was provided with the following information the day he purchased the vehicle. Eskridge Honda fills out the gas card for the gas rebate from Honda Corporation. Eskridge Honda faxes this information to Honda Corporation. Honda Corporation then processes the card and it takes about 4-6 weeks to receive the gas card in the mail. Eskridge Honda gives the customer a printed application for the ONG rebate. The customer has to provide additional information and send this into ONG. The information about the rebate and the application form is found at

05/20/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues