BBB Accredited Business since 09/25/2009

Have Travel-Memories Vacations, LLC

03/24/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

accepted deposit for vacation rental, cancelled 10 days later after travel arrangements made
I initially found vacation rental on VRBO.I was told the property was available and gave $1311.00 deposit. My travel party of 10 made travel arangements. 10 days later I was told the property was not available and my deposit would be refunded. No alternate options for stay were given or even an apology. I now have 10 people who have travel arrangements made for 787 miles from home with no place to stay.Have Travel Memories should not have accepted my payment if they were unsure of availability. They also would not help me find an alternate place to stay.

I believe this company should be obligated to find my party of 10 an equivelant place to stay during our vacation. Their property was our first choice. I have already inquired about our 2nd and 3rd choices with other companies that have since been booked.

Our company did apologize profusely to the client for the inconvenience but the situation was unavoidable and completely out of our control, the property is no longer available. We notified the guest as soon as we knew this. We did offer her suitable replacements however she refused to accept any of them. Her demands were unreasonable and she was incredibly rude and angry from the beginning. She was not the only guest we had to relocate from this property to alternative units and not one of them reacted as this guest did. We were prepared to offer compensation for her inconvenience however nothing we did seemed to please this guest. We gave her a full refund and explained there are many vacation rentals in this area and the season is young with a wide array of other properties for her to choose from and we wished her the best of luck!

I was not offered an alternate place to stay until I asked for one. I was giving two that were available and neither one of them accommodated the size of my party. When I told her the places they offered were too small she replied that she can't help me. I was never rude, only honest that this company who accepted my money should be offering a suitable alternative which they did not do. I did tell her that this was poor customer service and I stand behind that statement. I now have 10 people with airline tickets to Florida with no place to stay. I am requesting they give me an alternate place to stay. This is neither rude or unreasonable.

Travel Agencies & Bureaus, Cruises, Airlines - Ticket Agencies