BBB Accredited Business since 11/15/2007

Aqua Pool & Patio

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

08/27/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Made And charged for same repair at least 3 times in an 4 month period
We tried to contact the company to question the billing for the same repairs but each time were told they would have to call back.On August 3rd 2015 I tried once again on August 3rd,2015 and spoke to ***** who told me she would have to call me back the next day.On August 5th the pump was left on by their service tech after weekly service.The front pump seal they have charged for repairing blew again and drain my pool below a safe level .We found the pump spraying water out of the front at 12 Noon after their tech had left at 10:30am that day.I tried to resolve the issue of charging for this and numerous others with their staff but could never speak to anyone who could do more than tell me they couldn't help with the billing issue.I feel they really do not care and think they are entitled to do what they want without question and are not willing to respond to my request to have someone to review their questionable billing practices as no member of their staff ever returned a call about my questions about these duplicate repairs and charges.I have since discontinued my service with this company

August 5th,2015 I went to the business and spoke to *****(service manager).iI requested the key to my property be returned and discontinued my service with them.She acknowledged she had spoken to me on August 3rd,2015 but had been to busy to call me back?I feel they owe me a refund for the repair of installing the front seal they charged for at least 3 times.

First, let me start off by saying that I regret we have gotten to this forum to resolve an issue. We have an excellent record of communicating , resolving issues , and certainly admitting when we are in the wrong when we make a mistake as a company. There are two charges in our system that pertain to what Miss ******* is referring to as questionable billing practices. The first invoice was on 2/18/2015 for a leak and repair to her booster pump which runs her Polaris cleaner. Technician found and repaired leak and also found leak at the shaft seal and repaired it also. This invoice was paid on 3/09/2015. The second repair work order was closed on 4/17/2015, and invoiced on 4/27/2015. The back up valve on the Polaris unit itself was replaced, replaced the pump bracket that holds the pump and repaired a leak in the shaft seal. This bill was paid on 6/10/2015. There was a third work order visit for a loose fitting on top of the Polaris itself on 4/27/2015, which we repaired and invoiced the same day at no charge because we had just worked on the unit. This repair occurred in house 3/25/2015 and invoiced on 3/26/2015. This was for repairs to the Polaris itself for a tire, wheel, pressure relief, and a hose swivel and not the motor or seal. These repairs are consistent with a nearly 5 year old cleaner. This repair was done in house and was only charged bench labor. So we actually had two of the same repair over a 2 month period. Both invoices were paid in a timely manner with no recorded complaints in our accounting notes and none in the pool cleaning route notes. We take complaints very seriously and do a great job of recording the events. So this would have gotten us up too at least June 10th which is when the second invoice was paid. No recoded complaint from June 10 to August 3. We did receive a call from Miss ******* on August 3. Vickie did say it would take her a couple days to research and get back to her. On August 5 Miss ******* came to our office and ask that her gate key be returned and discontinued service with us immediately. She also stated that after our pool cleaner left on Aug 5 at 10:30 he had left the pump running but this could not be possible because our pool cleaner was not there on August 5. We have confirmed this with checking our GPS tracking system we have on each service vehicle. Vickie tried to apologize it took a morning longer to respond and address her complaint by sending a technician out to see what had happened and she refused. Again even after June 10 to August # we have no recorded complaints about our service. We granted her request to cancel because we felt like it was our only recourse. We provided good service to her for almost five years with no major complaints and I wish we could of had more communication and discussion, as I know we could have resolved this matter much sooner in the beginning. We valued her as a customer and again we apologize for not having a chance to solve this earlier in the year. We have a thirty day cancellation notice for pool service which we waived. She also had paid a partial amount for August pool service and we have refunded that amount too her as we made her cancellation retro active to August 1. We have emailed a zero statement and mailed a zero statement and check to her. Also her key has been returned. Also just for the record Vickie is my general manager here and has been with the company for almost 30 years and has vast knowledge in all aspects of the pool business. She is valued by the pool industry and in here of course with utmost respect and is valued in the pool industry.
Sincerely, ***** ******

This is the same attitude they had each time they were questioned about billings.The refund offered was for prepaid services not rendered in August.I do not want to waste my time with them further as they will never examine the real issues they have in their service department.

09/23/2013Billing / Collection Issues
06/10/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

This business is trying to aggressively collect on a bill that is not due yet
Aqua Pool and Patio was fired from doing any pool work at my home over a month ago. I started using a different company, however, any items that were under warranty, would be the only reason I would have a need to use them. The salt panel stop working for my pool. I called Aqua Pool and Patio because they had done work on the Salt Cell, so I thought this was part of it. They sent a pool tech to my house, he looked and it and verified the salt panel was bad. He called his headquarters and verified that YES, it was covered under warranty, so he went to his truck and retrieved a new salt panel. A week later I get a call from ***, the sales manager at Aqua who told me they made a mistake and that I would be getting a bill. I said no problem. The bill arrived, it is dated May 21, I wanted the chance to verify that it actually was not under warranty, which I have not been able to do yet. The account they place the $426.38 has always been paid within 30 days. I had an inspection done on my home on June 1st, because I am in the process of selling it. Aqua Pool and Patio was hired by the buyer to do an inspection. *** showed up and approached me in my home, trying to collect the $426.38. I told him I would mail it like I always do. Both realtors felt this was over the top and I am within my rights to pay the bill within 30 days without being harassed. I also reserve the right to research and make sure I did not previously pay Aqua for a salt panel last year.

Aqua Pool and Patio has no right to use aggressive measures on this account or bill. They need to stop harassing me and stop trying to collect on something that is not past due. They made the mistake of telling me that it was under warranty, they need to accept they made and error and also understand that while I may have had bad experiences with their service, I always paid my bills on time.

First of all she doesn't have 30 days to pay the bill. Our services are due and payable upon receipt. Also, the account has not been paid in full and the reason we want to collect is because we are very aware that the home is being sold. We have gone above and beyond and have only billed her for the services rendered. If something we installed was not working properly we did repair it at no charge. Ms. ****** has been extremely rude to everyone at our company. Ms. ****** has hung up on several of our employees. She even got mad because she called ***'s cell phone on a Sunday and when he wouldn't take the time to walk her through her problem over the phone she hung up on him. We in fact are placing a lien on the property because Ms. ****** has said that she has no intentions of paying this bill. This is not aggressive. Contractors have every right to send out a notice of lien intent and place a lien when a consumer is in the middle of selling their home. Especially, when the homeowner is very vocal about the fact they have no intentions on paying the bill.

No one has disputed the bill, as stated in my previous statement with the BBB. Again, the company told me it was covered under a warranty, then after they did the work, they called and told me they made a mistake, that they were sending me a bill. I stated I would take care of it, but I have not been able to verify yet that this particular piece of equipment was not covered. The sales rep she is referring to, ***, gave me a phone number as a work number, if he did not want me to call his personal cell, he should not have given it to me the consumer. He hung up on me because he was angry I called him on a Sunday, as stated above. Aqua Pool and Spa has given me pool customer service, I use a different Pool Service company in Pensacola now. They do not have a right to aggressively collect and place liens on a bill that is not 30 days late.

They did not tell me the part was not under warranty. They are not my pool company, there is a different company that is my pool service company. If the part was not under warranty, I would not have called Aqua Pool and Spa to fix it. There were terminated from any work on my property. I have never said I was not paying this final bill. The issue is their aggressive manor in which they trying to collect the bill. They willing put this on account, and they are are mad that I wrote a bad review about them. They have no right to threaten leans or place leans against my property and doing so without legal and honest purpose is unethical and illegal.

Again, the bill is due and payable upon receipt. She does not have net 30 day terms with us. If she is not disputing the bill then why have we not received payment. *** has never hung up on her. She was made aware the part was not under warranty and said she had no problem with the repair and said she would pay the bill. Again, if payment is not received we will place a lien on the property. She has in fact told our employee that she has no intentions on paying the bill. I would like to request arbitration to resolve this complaint if necessary.

Swimming Pool Equipment & Supplies, Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, Design