In Northwest Florida

ERA Legacy Realty

Phone: (850) 934-3000Fax: (850) 932-1997

08/06/2012Problems with Product / Service
07/15/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: Listing agent failed to provide important information, transfer of funds, and documentation to buyer's agent and buyers, & was rude, unprofessional.
My agent submitted a contract to listing agent **** ***** for a house in Milton. It was accepted. I was made aware of renters in the home during this process. Mrs. ***** stated the renters' lease and it's components would follow the sale, and not be on the contract. She was also the leasing agent for the renters. During the process my agent requested information regarding the property and the lease, via email requests and phone calls. Mrs. ***** never replied. My agent had to request the assistance of her broker and the owner to finally get Mrs. ***** to respond to her requests. Toward the end of the process, she had still not provided the septic inspection report. When we sat down to close on May 20th, she did not attend the closing. After signing my loan documents, my agent called her to see if she was on her way. She stated she did not know the closing was today, which was quite odd due to the fact she signed the contract showing May 17th as the closing day, and also approving the HUD, which also showed the closing date of May 17th. She was also made aware of the closing date by the real estate attorney's office. After waiting 20 minutes for her late arrival, we asked her for a copy of the septic inspection, which she did not have. We asked her for keys to the house, which she did not have. We asked if she could mail us the keys once she returned to her office, but she stated she did not have any copies of the keys, adding there Is only a key in the lock box at the house. I found this quite strange since she is also the leasing/rental agent for the property. We asked her for a copy of the lease, which she did not have. She stated she would mail it to us. We asked her to provide the check for the renters' deposit and the pro-rated rent from May 17th to the end of the month. She stated I would have to provide her with proof of an escrow account. I told her I would not do that as there is no law requiring me to give her any information. She then told me I needed to show her proof of a Florida bank account where I will be depositing the funds. Again, I told her that was unnecessary and I was not going to give her any of my banking information. She then said she needed my social security number. I again explained my personal information was none of her business, and to provide me with the check. She then called FREC and asked if she needed any personal information from us regarding the funds for the deposit and pro-rated funds. They told her no, which was heard by everyone in the room, as it was very quiet. She then looked at me and told me to stop listening to her conversation. After she hung up, I explained to her I wanted the funds and other documentation immediately. I stated I felt the lease and rental information should have been on the contract. She again said it follows the sale and is not to be on the contract. She stated she would go back to her office and would get the check. 30 minutes later she called stating she had mailed the check for the deposit, but needed me to provide her with a W-9 for the pro-rated amount of the May rent. I told her if she did not provide me with the pro-rated May check, I would seek legal assistance regarding this matter. Today, Monday the 20th, she is now asking for a 1099 from me. She has still not provided me with a copy of the lease, the walk through, or the septic inspection. I was ablet to get a copy of the septic inspection directly from Boyett. I did receive a check for the renters' deposit today in the mail. Mrs. ***** has been nothing but a nightmare to deal with. She has been nothing but incompetent, rude, unprofessional, classless, and misleading from beginning to end. She even had the nerve to blame the VA for HER delays. I am shocked at her behavior and complete lack of class. I would like the BBB to investigate and report her behavior.

Real Estate, Real Estate Rental Service, Property Management