BBB Accredited Business since 12/15/2003

Moonspinner Condominium Association

08/19/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Condominium was not as described on website, employee lied, and room was dirty and appliances not in good working order.
we have stayed at moonspinner on numerous occasions and have brought several families with us throughout the years. This visit, June 29- July6, 2013, I was embarrased and very disappointed so much so I don't believe I will ever come back nor will I recommend them. I booked 2 rooms at least 4-6 months in advance. I booked these rooms according to the websites description. Both were suppose to have pull out queen sleepers, and one did not, therefore we had people on vacation that ended up on cots for a week! When we went to the office regarding this, the manager said she could not help what was on the website and that there was nothing she could do. After a little bit of phone conversations she said she could refund 275.00 from the bill, we had to bring back a credit card for her to refund it on, when we brought the card back then she could only refund 150.00 with no explanation other than sorry thats all I can do. So we have a families first visit to moonspinner and to panama city beach with them sleeping on cots and lied to and no attempt to make thier stay more accommodating. The other room was not much better, all furniture was in place however room was dirty, hair in corners of bathrooms and the caulking was black with apparent mold or mildew. Floors throughout were not clean. Refrigerator was just cold enough to not ruin food or be considered "broke". Every pan and skillet had to be re-washed, and even then some were not useable. Toaster worked one day and then wouldn't another it was "hit and miss". The master suit bathroom was so nasty that I took showers with my shoes on because I did not want to touch that tub. After the poor response to the other rooms issue, we did not complain of our issues, realizing there was "nothing" they could do about it. I was so disappointed in my experience this time that I'm sure I won't be back. If residents have condo's for rental properties and they are on the website of Moonspinner, they are Associated with them , therefor Moonspinner should insure that what is being offered is in fact correct, and it is the moonspinner's responsibility for cleanliness and to insure the appliances are in good working condition. We had a surprise proposal planned and 2 new families to experience what we thought was the best place in panama city beach,the proposal was postponed and the families said they too will never be back. My husband and I was coming to look at condo's to purchase one for rental property, now this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth for such an investment. I was so embarrased and ashamed that I felt like I have ruined their vacation, its bad enough to have your own ruined but when you feel like you have ruined someone elses its worse. I think the moonspinner could have been much more accomodating, they could have traded rooms with people that did not have as many staying in a room or even upgraded to a 3 bedroom, anything to try to make their stay more comfortable. There was no effort made to fix the situation, just a minor refund of 150.00 for a room that cost over 1600.00 for a week.

I think a Full Refund to both parties should be given, I think some type of effort to guarentee your satisfaction should also be given, it would defintely take this for us to try moonspinner again. We have be loyal customers for many, many years and have brought numerous business to moonspinner over those many years.

I talked with my Rental Manager about what occurred and she explained as follows.
She does recall apologizing to the customer and offering her a discount for the inconvenience during her stay. She made arrangements for cots to help with the bedding issue. She said that they may have more than the allowed number of guest staying in the unit, which is six for a two bedroom.
The units for rental here at Moonspinner are all privately owned and owners sometime replace furniture and don't inform the rental office. Therefore sometime the information on the internet site is outdated. We strive to keep this information as up to date as possible but that's not always the case.
The company that does the cleaning here does their best to keep the units as clean as possible but during the high season when guest are checking out and in on the same day, deep cleaning are not possible. When we have complaints about cleaning we have the cleaning team go back up to redo the problem areas.
This situation was handled in a professional manner and everything that could be done was done to satisfy the customer. They stayed the entire time of their reservation and received a discount for their complaint issues and wanted to be reimbursed for both units that they rented. Additional refunds will not be forthcoming.

Condominiums