BBB Accredited Business since 04/28/2004

Continental Condominiums

10/07/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Accused of damaging property that I did not. Not being notified on the charge that they put on my card for it.

We arrived around 1547 hours to the Continental Condominiums on Front Beach Rd. When I got back to Nashville I decided to check my credit card statement about 1500 hours on September 6, 2013 and noticed a charge for $250.00 from Continental Condominiums. I immediately called the hotel. I asked about the charges and I was put on hold. The gentleman came back and told me that there was some notes but he didn't know why that was charged and he would have to call me back. He called back about 5 minutes later and informed me that the charge was for damage to a table because there was a name carved in it. I told him that I noticed it and the name was ****. I told him that I had noticed it and did not think anything of it. The name of the parties staying the room were *******, *******, and Donya and we don't even know anyone named ****. I also informed him that I worked for police department, my friend worked for the police department, and my fiancé was a retired police officer of 34 years. We were not the type of people to damage property or carve names into tables especially names of people that we don't know. He informed me that the room was inspected before we went in. My memory fails me after that. I just remember that he said they were going to have to investigate and call me back. Anyone could obviously see that the damage made there has been there for quite sometime. I wish that someone would take this seriously because I wonder how many times someone has been charged for the "****" in the table. In closing I would like for the BBB to investigate this matter. I would really like apology from this establishment. I don't know how far the investigation would go, I would really like for someone else other than the hotel people to see this damage. If it has not been tampered with you could clearly see that this damage was done long before we even thought about going to Florida. I would like the outcome of this to include an apology for the accusations that have been made against us. I would like my money back. If I can't get that then I should get the table delivered to my home since I paid $250.00 for it.

I would also like for the Florida Department of Tourism to look into this also. If I was accused of something like this, anyone could be. I am sure that is not good for tourism in Florida. Also, to think that this place is charging me for damage that is clearly older than a few days, this particular establishment might be charging other people for the same thing.
I appreciate everyone taking the time to read this letter and I certainly hope that each person knows that it is more than the $250.00 here. It is my character, pride, morals, values, and good name that is on the line here. I am dealing with the charge through the credit card company and I can only have faith that the system works. I sincerely hope that this matter is resolved.

This matter has already been resolved and credit for the charge has been given.

07/27/2012Problems with Product / Service