BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 06/01/1986
Butler Auto Recycling, Inc
Phone: (850) 474-9300Fax: (850) 474-8828
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||1|
|Problems with Product / Service||4|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||5|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|04/15/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint: I had purchased a vehicle from Mr. ******. I purchased car on march 9th and during the original paperwork the sales agreement was messed up and was brought to ******'s attention in which he changed the contract. The date that was put as 1st payment was March 15th I spoke to them and told them that I wanted to pay monthly and **** or ****** told me it was fine. Several times myself and my Grandmother spoke to them. and the date due was changed to the 29th of march. On march 26th they came and got my car. This morning 27th went to car dealership and was prepared to pay payment. At first they were going to agree, Then the finance girl said that I was seen driving by MR ****** driving crazy in a parking lot.My grandmother asked to speak to him. Mr ****** came into room and started raising his voice and pointing his finger at me and my grandmother told him to stop talking like that and have respect. Mr ****** continued and then he said well he has put 1500 miles on the car. I told him that this was violation of a persons privacy. Once you sale a car its not your car. He was spreading these rumors around and then after he and my grandmother exchanged words she was asked to leave and they told me MR ****** wanted full payment. My grandmother was told by the girl that was helping us that he talks to people like that. My grandmother apologized for the incident but Mr ****** would not come out. I put down 1000 dollars and out couple hundred in fixing the car so it would run. This car had been stripped down and was a lemon door panels started coming off . The service that we received was unprofessional and We are going to file complaint with DMV. I want an apology for my Grandmother for the way he yelled at her and pointed his finger at her and my thousand dollars back due to mishandling of this contract. The girl ****** was not authorized to tell me that I could make payments monthly. She would be fired if she did. But she did tell me and my grandmother that.
|02/02/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
|07/11/2011||Problems with Product / Service|
|12/04/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
|10/26/2012||Guarantee / Warranty Issues|
Auto Salvage Yards, Auto Parts & Supplies - Used & Rebuilt, Auto Services, Transmissions - Automobile, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Engines - Gas
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Northwest Florida. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Butler Auto Recycling, Inc is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
Additional Phone Numbers
- (850) 474-8800
- (850) 478-8500
- (888) 441-8010
- (850) 474-1065
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
Industry Tips for Auto Salvage YardsUsed Car Purchases
As Gas Prices Rise, so do the Number of Scams
Buying a Used Car
Dont Get Soaked Buying a Flood-damaged Vehicle
Know the Facts about Auto Service Contracts
Purchasing a Car Online
Rising Gas Prices Encourage Gas-Saving Scammers
The Hail Season is Here
Know the Facts About Used Car Fraud Before You Buy
VIN Cloning Swindles Luxury Car Buyers
What is BBB Advertising Review?
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.