BBB Accredited Business since 05/06/1998

Pensacola Auto Brokers, Inc.

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

07/08/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Sold a vehicle with multiple defects and problems.
Purchased a truck at 6pm on March 13, 2015. Broke down on the way home (4 hours away). Upon fixing truck that night, we had to replace oil sensors that shut vehicle down. **** was missing from truck, which they did mail to us after I called them. Now several problems have been occurring throughout the last 2 months and I have a $1900 bill in order for them to be replaced. I put vehicle in shop on June 6, 2015 but had to leave the country that day. 90 day warranty expired on June 13, 2015 and now they are not wanting to cover costs since bill was not submitted by June 13th. The items that are needing replaced were told to me by Pensacola Auto Brokers, that they did a thorough check of the vehicle and all was good. Now mechanic is saying: 1.) in and out tie rods are and have been very bad and all 4 need replacing.2.) Someone had taken out the bulb in the cluster panel so that check engine light would not come on and when computer diagnostic were run on the vehicle, the check engine light should have been on. 3.) There is and has been an evap leak, which needs replacing (the check engine light would have notified us of this if someone had not removed the bulb). 4.) Transmission is severely dirty and needs servicing, mechanic stated it doesn't appear it has every been serviced. 5.) Needs a good tune up. 6.) Tires need rotating and balanced (both front tires are completely worn). 6.) Truck will need to be realigned after work is complete. Very discouraging to spend so much money $22,750 on a vehicle and has so many problems. This truck was guaranteed to be very dependable for my son to drive to and from college and we have had nothing but problems with it since the night we purchased it.

I would like for the full repair bill to be paid for by Pensacola Brokers, Inc. I have sent a detailed appeals letter to the warranty company requesting reconsideration of payment of repairs. I do not feel I should have to pay out of my pocket for faulty items that were guaranteed unfaulty.

We apologize for the issues that has taken place with your purchase back in March. As a used car dealer we purchase a 3 month/ 3,000 mile limited power train warranty for all customers that no other used car dealer offers. Our vehicles are sold as is. We can not control driving habits and or customer abuse of the vehicles we sell.

**additional information*** 6-29-15
Addition to my complaint! I was informed by the mechanic that the CHECK ENGINE light was disabled. The bulb was taken out so that the check engine light would not be on. This is completely against the law. Had the dealership done a full check on the vehicle, as they said they did, they would have noticed this. The mechanic stated that when he put he truck on his computer, it showed several items that lit up that are bad on the vehicle. Most importantly, the safety factor, the in and out tie rods are bad. My son could have wrecked due to this and I am highly upset that I was lied to about this truck which was a graduation present to my son. I looked for months, all around the Coast, for a dependable vehicle for him to drive to college and drove all the way to Pensacola, Florida, from Gulfport, MS because I was reassured this was a great truck. I was lied to and could have cost my son his life!

I would not have purchased this vehicle if the "check engine" light would have been on, as the mechanic stated it should have been considering all that is wrong with the vehicle. The "check engine" light was not on because someone illegally removed the bulb for the light. When the mechanic went in to check why the computer was showing all of these problems and the check engine light wasn't lit up, he saw someone removed the dashboard and took the bulb out completely. This is illegal in comparison to rolling the odometer back.

We have never conducted anything illegal as in taking bulbs out. We go to the auction and buy these vehicles used just as you did.We had no knowledge of the check engine light being taken out. As stated before this truck comes AS-IS.

This is completely unacceptable! I was guaranteed and told by the owner, ****, that this was a dependable used vehicle and the owner was a local man they knew well. I was told they do a "100 point" inspection by their personal mechanic and that truck was "looked over with a fine tooth comb". I have been told by 3 different mechanics that the dashboard was removed and the check engine light bulb was removed from the truck. I do believe that is illegal! If the check engine light was working there would have been 5 warnings which computer shows. Also, there are several mechanical issues with the truck. Cruise control only works on and off and a window will not roll down now. I understand that I bought a used vehicle but I went from Gulfport, MS to Pensalcola, FL and looked at over 20 trucks to purchase but because of the "guarantee" I received from **** at Pensacola Auto Brokers, I felt reassured my $23,000 purchase was a safe one for my son driving to college in. Now he can not drive it until I put another $1900 in the truck. I was given a 3 month limited warranty by Royal company which is now not wanting to fix the vehicle because it was not preauthorized. Well, the truck was brought in (broken down) for the second time, on a Sunday morning and we could not preauthorize the work. Very dissatisfied with this auto dealership!

06/30/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased Truck with 3 month warranty. This dealership did not stand behind their truck and repair truck. Same issue is not resolved to this day.
Purchased F250 from from dealership with known issue. Gave us 3 month warranty. Part to repair truck always "on back order". Truck overheated 4 times on the way home and many other error codes began popping up. Took to Ford Dealership for diagnostic and repair...could have been one of two issues. Pensacola Auto Brokers agreed to pay for the lesser expensive repair after dealership mentioned the likelihood that both issues would need repair to remove warning indicator light. 1st repair done which was paid for by Pensacola Auto Brokers...but the issue has not been resolved and will not repair truck to remove "wrench" warning light which they told us they would repair when we purchased. Poor Business practice and we are not satisfied at all. DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THE WARRANTY OR THEIR WORD. NEVER BUY A VEHICLE FROM THIS PLACE. BUYER BEWARE!!

We ask that the truck be repaired as they said they would. This warning light is not to be ignored as the Ford Dealership mentioned to us. Pensacola Auto Brokers said they would fix this issue.....Just do what you said you would do.

Auto Dealers - Used Cars