BBB Accredited Business since 12/06/2010

Phone: (850) 249-1964Fax: (850) 249-1968

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

07/09/2012Guarantee / Warranty Issues
04/25/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a used car on 01/21/2013 and every since I've had it I've had to take it to find out why the check engine light keeps coming on.
I purchased a used car on 01/21/2013. On Wednesday 01/23/2013 the check engine light came on. I took it back to Big Boys to be looked at. They guy there reset the car so the light would go off and told me if it comes back on to come back or I could come back another day to let the mechanic look at it. I was told that cylinder 2 was miss firing and that they could fix it. On Friday 01/25/2013 I came back to let the mechanic fix it. Four days later the check engine light was back on and the car was vibrating and stuttering. I took it back to Big Boys Toys and they told me that they fixed the problem. Both times the reading was a miss fire of cylinder 2. After not getting my problem resolved through Big Boys Toys I took the car to a Ford dealership. The repair cost me $546. I took the invoices to BBT on 03/06/2013 and asked to be reimbursed for the repairs. I was to,d by ****** Moriarty and by the owner ****** ****** that they would get back to me about the reimbursement. It has been a week and I have still heard nothing and my car is still stuttering and they check engine light is still on and it is still reading that cylinder 2 is miss firing. All I'm asking for the problem with the check engine light to be fixed properly or give me all moneys to be returned( down payment, first 2 months payments, and repair cost of $546)and they can get their car back.

The cost of the repairs in the amount of $546 or the car can be returned and I receive the down payment, the first 2 months payments, and repair cost back.

I would like to address ****** ******'s complaint.
I was made aware of the situation and told Miss ****** hat I would look into the matter and get back with her, I had to leave town the next morning to go to Orlando to buy several truck loads of cars due to tax season business, by the time I returned and looked into her situation she had already filed a complaint against my company. I have been traveling to auctions every week since then to buy cars. I sure wish she would have contacted me before she took the car to the Ford dealership so we could have had the opportunity to possibly correct the problem.However she decided to take it to the Ford dealer instead,that charged her the $546.00 to repair the car. Since Ford charged her
$546.00 and the car is doing the same thing she should take it back to Ford or ask them to refund her $546.00 instead of asking us to refund money, she paid them to fix the problem. Since she took the car to another shop I feel that I don't have
any responsibility for that bill. The car was Sold As Is and we did a goodwill adjustment already.
Ford should stand behind their repair not me.
Sincerely
****** ******
Big Boys Toys Florida

The information that Big Boys Toys supplied is inaccurate. I gave them 3 opportunities to fix the problem. I took my car to Ford because the check engine light was still coming on after each attempt by Big Boys Toys to fix it. They reset the code twice and claimed they changed a spark plug. After I took my car to Ford my car was fixed and running correct. Big Boys Toys never made any good faith attempt to fix my car, if they had the same problems Ford found they should have found and fixed. When I took my car to Ford they told me that the things they fixed would have been obvious had Big Boys Toys really tired to fix my car. I filed this complaint after several attempts of trying to get in contact with someone to address this issue with me. Ford does not owe me a refund they fixed my problem, the problem that Big Boys claimed they in good faith tried to fix. It took me having to file a compliant to even get a response from them. I've driven past and even part my car somewhere else and witness the owner come and go. There have been times I knew without a shadow of a doubt he was there and I never got any response until now. I feel they do owe me a refund because they never fixed the problem and I had to pay $546 to fix my car within the first 60 days of having it.

09/04/2012Problems with Product / Service

Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Trailer Sales, Motorcycles - Supplies & Parts, Motorcycle Sales - Consignments, Motorcycles - Dealers, Boat Dealers