BBB Accredited Business since 04/01/1986

Preston Hood Chevrolet, Inc.

10/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I do not have the vehicle, it is parked at Preston Hood. I was talked into purchasing this "thing", only to
nd out that it is practically falling apart. I am ninety years of age and my son is 62, when we got home
we discovered that the car had apparently been backed into on the left side of the car. Also the side
view mirror on the left side fell off and hung there on the connecting cords. The right side had * place
that some one had tried to hide (by the back window) it had * rust place about the size of * dime
about an inch and * half long. none of this had never been pointed out to us by the salesman.When
my son asked the salesman what else was wrong with it and he indignantly said "nothing" We knew
then we did not want the car and before twenty four hours had passed we brought it back, and were
met by several very indignant sales people. They would not cancel the sale. doesn't speak very well for
Preston Hood does it? I am ninety years of age and an Air Force widow and I feel that I have been
taken advantage of. l am actively seeking * lawyer to pursue this matter. I have cancer and may not
live veg; much longer and I want to settle this now,. This situation has had an adverse reaction on my
physical well being and stress levels. Do something now, before I die.

The *********'s came into the store starting on the 21st of July. They were met and helped by ****** *******

On the 21st both ***** and her son **** wanted to look at pre-owned Impalas. After ****** helped them that day they left and were called the next day for follow up.

On the 22nd ******* ****** from the BDC made a follow up call to *****. She stated that she loved the follow up and she was waiting for ****** to give her a call about inventory.

On the 23rd ****** called and spoke to ***** about the Sable. They set up an apt for 2:00 PM to test drive the car.

***** ended up test driving the vehicle and purchasing the vehicle on the 23rd.

***** came in the next day and had issues with the car. I walked around the car and was pointed to the dent and the small area around the back window that had a spot of rust. I told ***** that we had a couple of options that I could help her with.

1. We repair the area for her to make her happy
2. We trade her out of this car and into another of equal value.

***** stated that she wanted to talk to someone else, and I introduce both of them to Bill Kelly. He also stated that we would help her to make sure she was happy with her new purchase and offered her to fix her concerns or trade her out of it into something else that she liked. She refused both of these issues.

She and Bill left to talk about the options. They returned a couple of days later and talked to ****** **** about giving the car back and once again was informed that we would help out or trade her out of the Sable. Both said that they would like all of the issues fixed and then informed me that they had cancelled payment on the check they had wrote but wanted us to fix the issues. I told ***** and **** that the offer to help with the repairs was still open for them but I would not be able to do any of the work until we had straightened out the money issue first.

She asked if she could write another check and I had informed her that since she had cancelled the first check that I would have to have a certified check before I would do any repairs. She asked at that time for me to put in writing what I would do if she was to return with the money. I wrote out everything that would be done and ***** and **** left with the WE OWE to get the check.

***** returned with a Certified check and we turned the car over to the body shop. When the repairs were done, we called ***** that the car was ready to go.

***** and **** came in and didn't look at the car, just said that they did not want it and left it parked in customer parking. I let them know that we have taken care of all of their concerns and that if they are still not happy that we would swap them into another car.

Photos are available of ****** outside of the Sable while ***** and **** are about to take off on a test drive. The dent that is question is clearly visible and was not hidden by any means. We will send these to you as well. The transaction took place over a couple of days before they bought * car, we did not rush ***** into purchasing a vehicle from Preston Hood. We have taken care of all issues and the offer still stands to swap ***** into another car of equal value.

I do not recall asking to see pre-owned Impalas.do recall ****** ****** telling us that they had some pre-owed cars coming and he would call when they did. I did not get a call from anyone named ******* ****** and definitely did not talk to him. ****** did call when the cars came in and one of them was the Mercury Sable. He said it has belonged to an old couple who were going to sign into Asissted
living together and they would no longer need transportation.
. My test drive was a farce, I never got out of the parking lot. I made the mistake of telling ****** that I had never bought a car before as my husband had always done that, before he passed away, ****** rushed us right through the paperwork and put us in a tiny office and kept us waiting so long that we were ready to leave when he appeared again and thrust a handful of papers at me and said "sign wherever here is * check mark' and then he suddenly disappeared again. My son told me he was signing under duress, but I wanted his name on the papers so that when I pass (I am 90 years old) he will not be burdened with probate, Had I known there was such a lot of damage to the car I would never have bought it. As it was they charged way over blue book price, but ****** would not tell me what Blue Book price was, They have even licensed the car in my name and the Title too. If we can come to an agreement I will sign the title over to Preston Hood and send the license plate. In return I want the $8,900 I paid. Seems fair to me.

This is our statement of fact, we stand by it, we have made numerous good faith offers trying to resolve this case, each one of them have been refuted with misrepresentation and falsehoods and we now need to end the matter and move forward.

Attached you will find a print out of our July 25th Statement from Verizon Wireless, showing on the very bottom of page 2, that on July 22nd at 11:40AM ******* ****** made a telephone call to Ms. ********* that lasted approximately 2 minutes. This is directly refuting Ms. *********'s recent statement that she had never received a phone from nor spoke with ******* ******* We have done everything fairly, legally, and morally correct.
There will be no return of the money, but our offer still stands to assist Ms. ********* in trading the Sable in on another vehicle to her liking, however, this will not be an open-ended offer, and will expire in 20 business days from the date of this response.

**We have additional documents to upload.

08/08/2012Advertising / Sales Issues